Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wires by AudioThing and Hainbach (Released)

Comments

• AudioThing X Hainbach..one down, three to go!

• Love their interfaces!

• God daaamn it, I love this.

• @ninobeatz said:
    AudioThing X Hainbach..one down, three to go!

Don't forget Things - Motor

• @Grandbear said:

@ninobeatz said:

Don't forget Things - Motor

Yes, I totally forgot. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Thanks

• @Slush said:
    SO good. Makes it sound like a dark obscure half deteriorated gritty recording, hidden away in the back of a gloomy basement, covered with dust and dead insects. Exactly like that, and everything in between from clean and subtitle to absolute hell.

That glowing tube in the middle is golden btw. Such a gorgeous GUI.

Yes! I would describe it as > @ninobeatz said:

I hope it’s noises next! I see Hainbach used it in his latest video sooooooo… maybe!

• @Slush said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    What does it do? That the other tape recorder apps can’t ? Does it just degrade ?

Degrading yes, but it doesn’t sound like tape like TB Reelbus & Chowtape. They are tape sims, glue. Wires is a vintage wire recorder. Different sound. A big chunky ussr brick with a ghost inside. Plus the combi with the delay can make it a very special breed.

Ghostly is the best word I can think of to describe it, it seems like the sound is crossing the veil!

• Fun combination: Lyricist + Bleass Compressor + Wires = Number Station
    A few details:
    4Pockets Lyricist (German voice Anna, 96 Bpm) + Bleass Compressor (Basic preset, -24dB Thresh., 6dB Knee, 30.6 Ratio and 15dB gain) + Wires = "Number Station"

• I've been using this on desktop. Not many apps are genuinely uniques: this one is: really eerie sounding. A little wet signal goes a long way

• @ninobeatz said:
    AudioThing X Hainbach..one down, three to go!!

How about Outer Space?

• Gong Amp, gong amp, gong amp, gong amp......

• edited January 2023

@NeuM said:

@ninobeatz said:

How about Outer Space?

From what I know, there are about 10 iOS ports. But wasn’t told all of them.. I could only confirm the Hainbach collabs as well as Bubbles. No exact release dates as of yet but that’s good. Slow and steady wins the race

• @ninobeatz said:

@NeuM said:

@ninobeatz said:

How about Outer Space?

From what I know, there are about 10 iOS ports. But wasn’t told all of them.. I could only confirm the Hainbach collabs as well as Bubbles. No exact release dates as of yet but that’s good. Slow and steady wins the race

🙌🏽

• edited January 2023

@Gavinski said:
    Love their interfaces!

Same, one of best app designs

I remember buying wires few years ago for desktop without knowing anything about it, just based on looks

• edited January 2023

Hmm. Lots of issues here, very buggy. Anyone else having problems? I’m on a 6th gen iPad, os 15.1.
    I have two instances of swam clarinet open in AUM, both going through an instance of Wires. They play fine, but when I open a 3rd channel and then add a node to put fx on that channel, both Wires crash . @audiothing

• OK, public service for you.
    For those who don't want to buy this, don't watch this video.

• I hope Alborosie Dub and OuterSpace are among the 10 iOS ports, but he has way more cool stuff. But who knows in time everything gets ported. I cannot think of any lame Audiothing fx, maybe I want one more than the other. And the drummachines.. B)

• I’m really hoping for OuterSpace

• @Kashi said:
    Hmm. Lots of issues here, very buggy. Anyone else having problems? I’m on a 6th gen iPad, os 15.1.
    I have two instances of swam clarinet open in AUM, both going through an instance of Wires. They play fine, but when I open a 3rd channel and then add a node to put fx on that channel, both Wires crash . @audiothing

I tried replicating this but had no probs. Ipad Pro 3rd gen. All instances did crash eventually, but only when I tried to open a 7th instance of wires. Dsp wasn't big, must have been a ram issue I guess

• Such a gift to have these on iOS. I own most of Audio Things desktop apps and will gladly re-purchase for integration into the iOS playground. Glad they are starting with the Hainbach collaborations - Noises is so much fun. I am also hoping for speakers to be ported.

• @pepebaõ said:
    Hi, what is the difference with the desktop release ?

@pepebaõ said:

So far the iOS release seems to lack the parameter lock feature, and the ability to input exact text values, that the desktop version has. If I am wrong, please inform me how to do this someone. Not really biggies but would be good if they were implemented

• @Gavinski said:

@pepebaõ said:

@pepebaõ said:

So far the iOS release seems to lack the parameter lock feature, and the ability to input exact text values, that the desktop version has. If I am wrong, please inform me how to do this someone. Not really biggies but would be good if they were implemented

Parameters can be locked with the padlock icon at the top right

• @Grandbear said:

@Gavinski said:

@pepebaõ said:

@pepebaõ said:

Parameters can be locked with the padlock icon at the top right

Ah good - they could do with an updated iOS specific manual - I was following through the manual which mentions using right click for this so assumed they would have transferred that into some kind of long press, double tap or whatever. Cheers!

• Nice implementation!

• @Gavinski said:
    Nice implementation!

Yeah, it shows that they're trying to apply touch-specific design (maybe after some learnings with Filterjam), sadly that's not the case with other devs 😕

• @Gavinski
    Bro, I have no idea if I need this. You could really help me to decide. If you make any walkthrough/tutorial I would be thankful if I could hear some psy/experimental ☺️🙏🏽

• @DarkAum3o said:
    @Gavinski
    Bro, I have no idea if I need this. You could really help me to decide. If you make any walkthrough/tutorial I would be thankful if I could hear some psy/experimental ☺️🙏🏽

Yeah for sure, unfortunately the dev did not put me on beta, so might take a day or two before I get a vid out, but don't worry, it'll be plenty experimental!

• Guys, thanks very much for the nice feedback! We are very happy that you are enjoying Wires!

@Kashi said:

I've just tested this and I was able to load 8 instances (iPad Air 4th gen) in AUM before iOS decided to kill all of them. It's a memory limit issue. I've already found a workaround (now loading 15+ instances without issues) and we'll be testing this extensively in the following days.

• edited January 2023

I made a short little video using Fluss and messing around with the parameters of Wires to give an idea of what it can do but it’s not an in depth dive in any way

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    I made a short little video using Fluss and messing around with the parameters of Wires to give an idea of what it can do but it’s not an in depth dive in any way

Wow. That is fucked up.
    Awesome.