Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wires by AudioThing and Hainbach (Released)

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    Btw, intro price of 12.99 ends on Jan 25, full is $19.99

totally what I was expecting for iOS and totally worth it

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

YUS!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I never tapped the buy button so fast in my life! 😂

Snap! Yay!

• Indeed, good price. Like @jwmmakerofmusic I never bought anything so fast!

• edited January 2023

Booyaakaah!!!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

YUS!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I never tapped the buy button so fast in my life! 😂

😆 insta-App Store credit purchase!

• Good to have this in the arsenal on iPad after having it a while on my MacBook

• SO good. Makes it sound like a dark obscure half deteriorated gritty recording, hidden away in the back of a gloomy basement, covered with dust and dead insects. Exactly like that, and everything in between from clean and subtitle to absolute hell.

That glowing tube in the middle is golden btw. Such a gorgeous GUI.

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• @Gavinski said:
    Btw, intro price of 12.99 ends on Jan 25, full is $19.99

Good to know - better get on to buying it quickly.

• edited January 2023

Ejne Mietteilung lieggd vorrrr fuerrrr alle: Neuen, Achten, Sieben, Sechs, Fuenneff, Vier, Dreien, Zwo, Eins - Buy !
    Memories of a West German cold war child riveted with his ears to the ham radio receiver….

• The run-through of the presets with the beat above was helpful. I haven't found a similar run-through of the presets with melodic leads and/or chord pads but maybe you have?

• I’ll be doing a live stream tutorial for Wires tonight (Wednesday 11th Jan) at the usual time of 8.00 pm U.K. time.
    I’ll be running loads of different stuff through it👍😊
    Here’s the link to the stream.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I’ll be doing a live stream tutorial for Wires tonight (Wednesday 11th Jan) at the usual time of 8.00 pm U.K. time.
    I’ll be running loads of different stuff through it👍😊
    Here’s the link to the stream.

That’s fantastic Doug. Thank you!

• edited January 2023

@Slush said: ....a dark obscure half deteriorated gritty recording, hidden away in the back of a gloomy basement, covered with dust and dead insects.....

Precisely my life in the bush of these ghosts.

• Will this get you to places that the UA bundle can't, or do they cover the same ground? I kind of want it, but hesitate splurging on every new bright and shiny app.

• @bleep said:
    Will this get you to places that the UA bundle can't, or do they cover the same ground? I kind of want it, but hesitate splurging on every new bright and shiny app.

Based on the demos I have heard of this, it has a totally different character than the UA apps. You might get in the same ballpark, but I doubt you will get them to sound exactly like this.

• Everyone, pls buy this so they will keep porting their plug-ins cos I need them all

• @bleep said:
    Will this get you to places that the UA bundle can't, or do they cover the same ground? I kind of want it, but hesitate splurging on every new bright and shiny app.

Well, this app is definitely not bright and shiny. You’ll need some rust remover for that :D
    This is imo not just another lofi fx app, it’s a faithful replica of a specific wire recorder with a very personal sound. (On top of that you get a delay as well).

Compare it with the Echo B2 (Echorec delay replica), it’s a delay like many others but with a very own unique sound color that sets it apart from the rest.

• I like it because it’s Skeuomorphic, I’m bored of all the flatness..

• Has anyone managed to get Wires working in Drambo? It works fine in AUM, but Drambo doesn’t even seem to recognise it.

UPDATE: Panic over. After rebooting my iPad for the second time, Drambo started playing ball. Odd…

• @hpc said:
    Looks and sounds pretty amazing. Can any early adopters report on latency amounts? Curious about it when leaving the delay off/at the minimum.

Can’t see that it’s reporting latency in AUM…

• What does it do? That the other tape recorder apps can’t ? Does it just degrade ?

• edited January 2023

Yep! > @Fingolfinzz said:

Everyone, pls buy this so they will keep porting their plug-ins cos I need them all

I don’t think you need to worry that Audiothing will not to well enough here to port everything over - the only mistake they could make is porting everything so quickly that people can’t afford to buy them, then lose interest to some extent, which is what happened with Genuine Soundware, imo

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• @hpc said:

@Zerozerozero said:

@hpc said:
    Looks and sounds pretty amazing. Can any early adopters report on latency amounts? Curious about it when leaving the delay off/at the minimum.

Good to know. No audible latency then? Say with a transient-heavy input (like a guitar)? This’ll get me to jump if it’s responsive.

Ah sorry, just meant that the node doesn’t report. I don’t have the gear to test as you describe, sorry

• @hpc said:

@Zerozerozero said:

@hpc said:

Good to know. No audible latency then? Say with a transient-heavy input (like a guitar)? This’ll get me to jump if it’s responsive.

I've been using it with complex DrumComputer patterns and I can't detect latency.

• Thus far the apps associated with Hainbach have all made it to my short list of favorites, so this is an instabuy for me.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    What does it do? That the other tape recorder apps can’t ? Does it just degrade ?

Degrading yes, but it doesn’t sound like tape like TB Reelbus & Chowtape. They are tape sims, glue. Wires is a vintage wire recorder. Different sound. A big chunky ussr brick with a ghost inside. Plus the combi with the delay can make it a very special breed.