Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wires by AudioThing and Hainbach (Released)

Comments

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Sounds like another lofi filter. Hard to get excited for that; I already must have five apps like this. What am I misunderstanding here?

Others have explained it much more succinctly than I could as far as the logistics of how it affects sound. For a use-case scenario, I plan to use Wire in more experimental music or on various instruments in a Lofi HipHop track.

We as a forum have recently rediscovered the movie "Metropolis" which goes into public domain 1st Jan (less than a week)...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53532/metropolis-a-sequel-to-vampyr#latest

...and we're planning on another forum community audio project in the vein of "Vampyre". Wire would be the perfect plugin to replicate the idiosyncrasies of the wire recorder @Hainbach shows off in the video above, which would make my part of the score that much more haunting and "sci fi". How I will use it (whether on individual instruments or the master) will be determined during production of my piece of said score.

• @Icoustik said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Sounds like another lofi filter. Hard to get excited for that; I already must have five apps like this. What am I misunderstanding here?

More than a filter - echo, saturation, wow/ flutter etc. But more interestingly its just a very specific, distinct character from an obscure piece of niche hardware :)

Is it an impulse response?

• Wiiiiiiiiiires!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Others have explained it much more succinctly than I could as far as the logistics of how it affects sound. For a use-case scenario, I plan to use Wire in more experimental music or on various instruments in a Lofi HipHop track.

We as a forum have recently rediscovered the movie "Metropolis" which goes into public domain 1st Jan (less than a week)...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53532/metropolis-a-sequel-to-vampyr#latest

...and we're planning on another forum community audio project in the vein of "Vampyre". Wire would be the perfect plugin to replicate the idiosyncrasies of the wire recorder @Hainbach shows off in the video above, which would make my part of the score that much more haunting and "sci fi". How I will use it (whether on individual instruments or the master) will be determined during production of my piece of said score.

Not just your part - we're ALL going to be using Wires on this project 🤪 😂

• At least it looks like it’s a three head model 😅

• @cokomairena said:

Not sure, there might be impulses used in the creation of various components of it, or not!
    Either way it sounds close to the real thing

• @Gavinski said:

So many new apps argh

I figured this time I’d probly just record the dull thud of my head hitting the door as I sob and giggle at the overbearing incomprehensibility of it all…

Slo-mo, and through an appropriately convoluted fx chain, of course.

• @Kewe_Esse said:

@Gavinski said:

So many new apps argh

I figured this time I’d probly just record the dull thud of my head hitting the door as I sob and giggle at the overbearing incomprehensibility of it all…

Why’s this a bad thing?

• @Icoustik said:

@cokomairena said:

Not sure, there might be impulses used in the creation of various components of it, or not!
    Either way it sounds close to the real thing

That definitely seems promising. :) I can't wait to purchase this. Speaking of purchasing...

@Kewe_Esse said:

@Gavinski said:

So many new apps argh

Sounds like you got a bad case of GAS. I've been there, friend. It's crazy.

But, it's wise to pick and choose what you purchase by having a plan on how you're going to use it rather than "I'll buy it just for the hell of it". :) For me personally, I saw Copperhead, wanted it, but then thought "what could Copperhead do that Zeeon already does?", and aside from a Trance gate (if memory serves proper), nothing much different.

Fluss is a new way to play with granular synthesis. The moment I saw the video of what it's about, I purchased it upon release with the plan to produce an alien soundscape that would play in the background of my "Lounging in Another World" EP. Therefore that's exactly what I did. Two instances of Fluss, and then fed them into Rymdigare on the master track to truly produce an alien soundscape rather than your usual foley recording of raindrops. 😂

Now if Knock were released 2-3 months ago, I would've overlooked it as I was producing EDM at the time. However, since I'm done with EDM and am now making Hip Hop beats (mostly Lofi), I decided to buy it despite its hefty price tag due to its claims of enhancing drums. It glues drums together like magic!

MagicDelay, I've purchased it and haven't used it yet. The reason I haven't used it yet is I haven't started work on my next Ambient piece yet, which is the reason I purchased it.

All this to say...if you can figure out a use for Wire, buy it upon release. If not, you should be able to pass it up. I already have plans for Wire. I can imagine using it on varius instruments in a Lofi HipHop beat (but not the 808 lol) as well as using it on the master of a piece of experimental fodder.

• @taeo said:

Why’s this a bad thing?

You may be right. The resonant knocking of head on timber combined with hysterical vocalisations will probably paulxstretch and fluss out rather well. I’ll break out the stereo-mic…

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Sounds like you got a bad case of GAS. I've been there, friend. It's crazy.

Yeah, it’s inescapable. For sure it’ll end up on my home screen. These new apps all sound so goddam good!

The ipad-as-instrument has this crazy learning curve that opens up new sections of thought and coordination literally as you practise what you know… music production on ios is getting more like ‘The Glass Bead Game’ every day lol

• @cokomairena said:

@Icoustik said:

More than a filter - echo, saturation, wow/ flutter etc. But more interestingly its just a very specific, distinct character from an obscure piece of niche hardware :)

Is it just me that thought the query was related to the actual reply? 😃

• @robosardine said:

@cokomairena said:

@Icoustik said:

Is it just me that thought the query was related to the actual reply? 😃

That’s what happens when something great is announced, you just can’t stop talking about it!

• @Kewe_Esse said:
    music production on ios is getting more like ‘The Glass Bead Game’ every day lol

The Glass Bead Game! audiob.us never stops amazing me!

• Exiting stuff!

• So @Hainbach have we any news on when the iOS release comes? :)

• Hello everybody 😊
    And a Happy New Year to you all.
    Here is a video I made when Wires first came out for Desktop a couple of years ago.
    Obviously the port to iOS should be identical so this will give you a really good idea of what wires is and what it can do for your music.
    It’s not a live stream, just a screen recorded video using a single instance of Wires in Reason.
    Using it with various instruments like Piano, Synths and some Guitar sounds from Reason.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Hello everybody 😊
    Here is a video I made when Wires first came out for Desktop a couple of years ago.
    Obviously the port to iOS should be identical so this will give you a really good idea of what wires is and what it can do for your music.
    It’s not a live stream, just a screen recorded video using a single instance of Wires in Reason.
    Using it with various instruments like Piano, Synths and some Guitar sounds from Reason.

Can’t wait to get my hands on this 😍

• From the manual of a vintage (1948) Webster Chicago wire recorder:

Gotta love the audio editing 😂

• @rs2000 said:
    From the manual of a vintage (1948) Webster Chicago wire recorder:

Gotta love the audio editing 😂

I actually have one of those out in the garage. I doubt it works. I should put it on eBay and get it to someone who values it more than I do. But that would involve a trip to the post office.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Hello everybody 😊

The "Europa" section was my favourite. The way you made that Ambient piece come together. I really can't wait to get my hands on Wires!

• edited January 2023
  • It's been one of my favourites on desktop since it was released - a very welcome addition to the ipad...

• YUS!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I never tapped the buy button so fast in my life! 😂

• edited January 2023

There's a hidden feature - if you tap in the middle of one of the wire spools, random phrases start to be played - from the original wire recordings that Hainbach received with the physical unit this is based on (you can hear them more clearly if you remove the audio input) - tap it again to stop.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

YUS!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I never tapped the buy button so fast in my life! 😂

Very fair price too!

• Btw, intro price of 12.99 ends on Jan 25, full is $19.99