Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did Samplewiz 2 lose an engine?

I have both Samplewiz and Samplewiz 2 and they seem to have left the modern/formant engine using Dirac out on the new version? Is this correct?

Using one note to make a whole instrument was a superpower of Samplewiz modern mode, but that may not be available so now I think I have to keep both. Maybe the original developer of Samplewiz would not allow Dirac to be used on the new version without leasing it or something?

Comments

• I'm also curious. Especially with the ongoing sale.
    It's a real pity, if they've taken out such a useful feature.

• Isn’t Jordan Rudess the original developer/idea man behind the first and second? I believe he collaborated closely with Bleass for V2. I never had the first so I can’t compare but I wouldn’t think that was the issue.

• edited December 2023

@HotStrange said:
    Isn’t Jordan Rudess the original developer/idea man behind the first and second? I believe he collaborated closely with Bleass for V2. I never had the first so I can’t compare but I wouldn’t think that was the issue.

It has been verified that the ‘modern’ engine is gone, if you want that engine you must go with Samplewiz 1.
    I had to put Samplewiz OG back on my iPad because of it

• @MrSmileZ said:

@HotStrange said:
    Isn’t Jordan Rudess the original developer/idea man behind the first and second? I believe he collaborated closely with Bleass for V2. I never had the first so I can’t compare but I wouldn’t think that was the issue.

It has been verified that the ‘modern’ engine is gone, if you want that engine you must go with Samplewiz 1.
    I had to put Samplewiz OG back on my iPad because of it

Ah gotcha. I never had the first one so I never would’ve noticed. That’s a bit of a bummer though.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    I have both Samplewiz and Samplewiz 2 and they seem to have left the modern/formant engine using Dirac out on the new version? Is this correct?

Using one note to make a whole instrument was a superpower of Samplewiz modern mode, but that may not be available so now I think I have to keep both. Maybe the original developer of Samplewiz would not allow Dirac to be used on the new version without leasing it or something?

Sad revelation. Can you give an example, I don’t have Samplewiz 1? I would really like to hear the difference.

• @Luxthor said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Sad revelation. Can you give an example, I don’t have Samplewiz 1? I would really like to hear the difference.

Basically, the sample can be played at different pitches without speeding up or slowing down. Aka avoid chipmunking.
    Go to 15:33 in the video below.

• @Darkstring said:

@Luxthor said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Basically, the sample can be played at different pitches without speeding up or slowing down. Aka avoid chipmunking.
    Go to 15:33 in the video below.

That would’ve been quite useful for me….thats a shame

• @Darkstring said:

So, from the “cutting edge” tech, Samplewiz devolved to the mediocre “chipmunking”. 😳

• edited December 2023

Did you check SampleWiz2 for options of timestretch/pitchshifting ?
    They may have covered that within a single engine today ;)
    SampleWiz 1 even runs on an iPad One or an iPhone 3gs, so a split engine probably was the only way to get along with CPU cycles back then ...
    (I don‘t have SW2)

• I contacted Bleass about this when i first bought Samplewiz 2. Yes, Dirac has gone (maybe the cost of licensing it was too much?) but SW2 has the granular option which allows you play samples at different pitches but with the same time duration.

So, no time stretching but it has the granular workaround.

• Well I regret purchasing this without getting round to using it yet :/

• It’s not as smooth on the new one :(