Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any drum apps that allow you to control the envelope/sample length with au parameters?

I love this cymbal effect that KH (AKA Four Tet) gets on this track

I’m guessing he’s just automating an envelope? But I was wondering if any drum apps expose sample length or ADSR as au parameters? I’ve checked Sitala and FAC Drumkit and neither seem to do this.

Maybe there’s an au envelope au effect that does this? I’m sure Drambo can do it but prefer using exposed params than midi learn for automation.

Comments

• FAC drumkit I think

• I think he’s just live tweaking it.

• @gregsmith said:
    I love this cymbal effect that KH (AKA Four Tet) gets on this track

I’m guessing he’s just automating an envelope? But I was wondering if any drum apps expose sample length or ADSR as au parameters? I’ve checked Sitala and FAC Drumkit and neither seem to do this.

Maybe there’s an au envelope au effect that does this? I’m sure Drambo can do it but prefer using exposed params than midi learn for automation.

Can you achieve this sampler? Samplewiz, AASampler, Audiolayer all have envelopes you can map to midi. Samplewiz and AASampler both have easily mapped sample start parameters.

• Classic example of triggering a sound in 'gate mode' and adjusting the length of the note events.
    Short gate = short sound, Long Gate = long sound...

• Or in BM3 add velocity modulation to the decay time and play with note velocity...
    ...there's just too many ways to accomplish the same effect.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    FAC drumkit I think

I can’t see it in the exposed params. People have been asking for automatable envelopes I think.

@NoncompliantBryant said:
    Can you achieve this sampler? Samplewiz, AASampler, Audiolayer all have envelopes you can map to midi. Samplewiz and AASampler both have easily mapped sample start parameters.

Good point. I have all of those apart from AASampler. Been looking for a reason to get it.

@Samu said:
    Classic example of triggering a sound in 'gate mode' and adjusting the length of the note events.
    Short gate = short sound, Long Gate = long sound...

Ah nice! And Sitala does this outta the box!!