Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo one shot midi HOW!!?

How do I get a pattern to only play one time? I feel very stupid like it should be obvious but I can’t for the life of me figure it out. I wanted some one shot transitions between scenes as well as trigger loopy pro to change loops when I change scenes. This is driving me crazy!

Comments

• Also is there a way to bypass effects and audio units with a midi trigger to save cpu? Basically I just want to freeze my tracks live and have a simple audio loop playing but keep my settings and whatnot so I can go back and change something if I want to.

• edited December 2022

I was thinking I could have loopy pro record the loop and then bypass all the audio units and effects once it’s recorded with a midi trigger. I can do that with loopy pro but I’d really like to try to keep everything in Drambo. Flexi is very confusing to me so far. I want to delve deeper into it but just to have this function to be able to play a pattern one time on a scene without looping would be great. Also still being able to have some patterns still loop as well

• edited December 2022

Well, for a one shot pattern, you’d have that pattern in one clip. Then, follow it with empty clips on the next scene. If that makes sense.

For loopy pro, I’ve just been midi mapping start and stop notes in Drambo’s sequencer for specific donuts to play/stop in LP.

• @emc87 said:
    Also is there a way to bypass effects and audio units with a midi trigger to save cpu? Basically I just want to freeze my tracks live and have a simple audio loop playing but keep my settings and whatnot so I can go back and change something if I want to.

I recommend that you join the BeepStreet forum. Some of the real Drambo experts visit there more often.

• I think one shot clip would be more accurate I guess. Just a clip to play say one midi trigger and only play one time per “scene.” Yea I think I can do most of what I want with the sequencer and settings in the LP AU but even just to have like a big hit or something trigger right when I change scenes would be cool. Again probably could do it with LP or a sampler in Drambo, it just really surprises me there doesn’t seem to be a setting that would make it just trigger one clip one time.

• @uncledave said:

@emc87 said:
    Also is there a way to bypass effects and audio units with a midi trigger to save cpu? Basically I just want to freeze my tracks live and have a simple audio loop playing but keep my settings and whatnot so I can go back and change something if I want to.

I recommend that you join the BeepStreet forum. Some of the real Drambo experts visit there more often.

That’s a good idea. I think I will. Thanks for the help though guys, gave me some ideas

• @emc87 said:
    I was thinking I could have loopy pro record the loop and then bypass all the audio units and effects once it’s recorded with a midi trigger. I can do that with loopy pro but I’d really like to try to keep everything in Drambo. Flexi is very confusing to me so far. I want to delve deeper into it but just to have this function to be able to play a pattern one time on a scene without looping would be great. Also still being able to have some patterns still loop as well

Just add a Once condition on the step with the trigger that you want to send.

• There’s a once condition in step components, would that work?

• Thank you! I think the once condition will work for a lot of things I want to do! Awesome!

• Another way should be putting at the last step end of your sequence a jump to the same step.

But I just tried it and it bugs out, it keeps starting the sequence from the last step