Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Twisted Wave, Rode Rec, other audio recorders/editors?

Hi Folks,
I would like to use my iphone & ipad mini to record ambient/sounds. Are there other apps, like Twisted Wave & Rode Rec out there? I don't want to use a DAW like Meteor or Music Studio. And i'll be using an external mic, the Apogee Mic96.
Thanks,
John

Comments

• Focusrite has "Tape". I have also used loopy to capture ambient sound. Im sure there are others.

• Tascam and fire also have two track recorders. I'm a fan of Multitrack daw for field recording though. Very easy to jump around in the recording compared to most universal two tracks I've dealt with. Plus, audiobus support.

• Thanks for the reply's. I will take a look at both of these apps.
    John

• edited August 2014

Hokusai, wavepad, sound one plus.

• I use Audioshare typically, plus that gives you a lot of other cabilities to share with other apps. If you plan on doing a lot of editing though, Hokusai is a good tool for that.

• Do you not want to use twisted wave? I use it to record things with my tascam mic all the time on my phone, it works really well.

• I don't own twisted wave but seems like a great one stop package for capturing and then editing/exporting your files. I'm hearing a lot of good things about it. Still haven't bought it though. ;)

• i use both TwistedWave & Rode Rec with my Apogee Mic96 & Rode lav mic, and they are great apps. I just wanted to know if there were other recording/editing apps.
    Thanks for your reply's.

• There is still no goldwave v1.5/cool edit v2/wavelab v3 (~1997-2000 for all) level app for iOS. Twisted wave and Hokusai are in the ballpark but I feel like there is a reasonable market opportunity for the first dev to really pull it off.

• A little late but I about forgot the best one of all for this situation.

Master Record by iMusicAlbum. Very versatile, great for recording hand made samples.

• What's the best audio editor, currently?

I have Hokusai but it's a bit fiddly and getting long in the tooth, as it's only gotten maintenance updates for quite a long time.mTwistedWave looks like it might be a good replacement.

• edited August 2014

@PHᐃNTᐃSM Depends on what you're looking for in an audio editor.

If you just want to trim/normalize/fade and you don't mind the copy/paste hoops you might want to check out NanoStudio's wave editor if you already have it. By far the smoothest zoom (horizontal and vertical), pan and select I've used on iOS. You can also do destructive effects processing in the editor using a 4 slot NS effect chain but all in all it's a pretty basic editor.

In that same vein (hoops added because the app offers a lot more), Auria is a good two track editor.

I have so much trouble selecting regions in Hokusai I just gave up on it.