Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Fingertip Vocal App! - Out Now

edited August 2014 in General App Discussion

Excellent version of Fingertip Maestro focusing on vocal sounds. Features auto-tune, female, male, country, doo-wop, gospel and hip-hop. Quantisation and chord settings. Audiobus input.

Comments

• YanYan
    edited August 2014

Audiobus input? What will this do? [edit: read this as output - but it already has AB Input?]

This is my favourite app when I like to kid myself that I am a great instrumentalist. I do find, however, it lacks substance on sustained, low attack sounds like strings so I wonder how the vocal sounds will perform?

The latency is noticeable on fast runs. Will this be improved?

• Sounds pretty cool running through Glideverb and AUFX:Dub. Can't say that latency is much of an issue for me. Agree the strings on Maestro need some improvement though.

• I thought this was out yesterday

• I think the dev may be finalizing a few things. I know he was working on some more samples.

• Thanks, looking forward to this one

• https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fingertip-vocals-sing-amazing/id880429403?mt=8

More samples (choirs, FX) will be released in about a month.

• Before anyone mentions lag or latency issue, turn off quantize if you don't want "latency" (just like in the other fingertip app).

Might get this one, I'm really likin the UI they've come up with for playing on a touch screen. Still waiting for midi in the first app. It's always been "very, very soon" for a very, very long time now on that one (the app wasn't always freemium FYI).

• Midi is coming in another app I believe, not sure about the existing ones though.

• Still nothing there, has anyone got this yet

• Should be out. It was in the Aus store 11 or so hours ago.

• It must be still on a roll round here, I'll try later, I love vocal apps, and I always like their Maestro app

• The dev has a link to this thread and is very open to feedback. The app will definitely benefit from a bigger range of samples that are coming in a few weeks.

• edited August 2014

@thesoundtestroom said:

It must be still on a roll round here, I'll try later, I love vocal apps, and I always like their Maestro app

I tried the NZ store earlier and it's out there. It should be out in UK now as well, and US. Perhaps it's a soft launch ?

Edit: Hm, it's out in the Swedish AppStore.

I checked the UK store via AppZapp, and it is not out in the UK, should have been out hours ago on the UK store...weird

• German AppStore: Waiting...

• Not in Spain yet...

• mmpmmp
    edited August 2014

Just bought it, in the Netherlands...surprised that it seems to be unavailable in other EU countries.

It seemed to be in the appstore when the iTunes link was posted yesterday, but I didn't buy because I was about to go to bed. I do seem to remember it was 2 euro's something at that time though, and now it was 1,79 so there may have been an interim price-change, interfering with appstore availability.

Fun app, some of the vocals have multiple recognizable words in different notes, like "Love" or "Please" others, like Country, only have one ("Darling"). Can sound rather gimmicky, but I suppose that's part of the appeal. Would probably benefit from having a set of more scat-type vocals though.

Edit: just noticed Country has "Baby" too, it's just not as varied as some of the others, which may actually be better in some styles of playing, such as chords (Doo-wop does work great for that) instead of single notes.

• A bit apprehensive whether voices would work in this format, BUT...

The male voices are worth the admission all by themselves. And the Doo- Wop is magic.

It is amazingly close to listening to a 50s or 60s male quartet. I can now play a small group of singers on the iPad! Brilliant app.

• Not in Maine this morning yet.....off to Austin in an hour, maybe it'll show up by the time I land (it is a music town after all)....

• Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the feedback. Some of you noticed that the app is not available in some regions, this is our doing. We needed to test a few small bugs before we launched it globally. Everything is good and the app will be available globally by midnight and is already available in most countries today.

We really wanted to do something unique and fun with the vocal app, its a different beast than Fingertip Maestro. It takes a little more practice and finesse to create some cool melodies as you have seen already. We are creating some how-to videos that will show how we intended to use it but as all things, your feedback is what really helps the most.

We would love to hear what you like? Dislike? As we did with maestro, this is Version 1. We have many more vocals coming very soon in an update. Would you guys want anything else in the next version? Specific styles? We are also playing around with some funky VFX Vocals.

We have a new strings instrument. Coming in next build. Thanks

Good time to let you all know about the long awaited MIDI, its built and we are currently testing it. Its super cool and will make Fingertip Maestro an incredible Wi-fi enabled MIDI controller for Abelton, Protools, etc.. Its something we are taking extra time with to make sure you guys get something great you can instantly create music with.

Thanks for the patience and the support, we are a small team really trying to bring you all the best apps we can. Hope we can get some more downloads and launch stuff quicker but lots more is coming very soon. :)

Cheers,

The Fingertip Maestro Team

• @vdubskivr6 thanks for that info. Good luck with the new app.

• Hi vdub,

"We would love to hear what you like? Dislike? As we did with maestro, this is Version 1. We have many more vocals coming very soon in an update. Would you guys want anything else in the next version? Specific styles? We are also playing around with some funky VFX Vocals."

Only a short mess around last night, it is definitely a different beast compared to Maestro. Playing needs to be slower and smoother.

Likes: Can create lovely harmonies in the male vocals, the Doo-Wop is much the same but some of the basses are unnatural, F#M and F#m for example.

Dislikes: The female voices are screechy at the top and masculine at the bottom, I think the range is much too wide to play this as 'realistic' voice music.

Fix needed: As with Maestro, the gear wheel is placed where my pinkie regularly hits. TC-Data, for eg, resolves this problem by making the settings tab need a fast double tap. Small thing, easily fixed.

One style I think would be great for creating ambient music, a choral effect where the sound is sustained until the finger is lifted.

Thanks for very interesting and enjoyable instruments.

• Still waiting in the UK...

• Ok, its there now - bought!

• Sorry to say this but this must be in line for the throne of the most annoying apps I've ever purchased. Admittedly, definitely not the most expensive but I don't think I'll ever open it again. This rant is just so people at least wait for a demo video to get an idea what we're talking about. My bad shouldn't have pulled the trigger. Sorry developers, I'm sure there will be people who find a good use for it.

• Fortunately I also snatched the amazing Benzonyzer today for free so I guess it is all balanced in my ios universe. :)

• Having trouble with the appstore here in Texas. 'Cannot download at this time' Hoping it will be fixed by the time the sun rises...

• I think it is fun - one suggested style to add would be a jazz scat vocal. I agree with the comment above that the female voice is all but unusable as it tries to cover too wide a range, or could you multisample so that the voice is not so stretched?

• It has its own thread but I'll stick the demo here too
    http://www.thesoundtestroom.com

• Just saw on FB that this app is free at the moment...
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id880429403?mt=8