Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is this possible in Koala?

In standalone mode, can you bypass the effects for certain pads in Koala, or are the effects global, and apply to all pads at all times?

Comments

• They’re global. If you want to apply them to a specific sample, you need to dial in the effects you want (use the “hold” function) and then re-sample to an empty pad.

• edited December 2022

@galmandsværk said:
    They’re global. If you want to apply them to a specific sample, you need to dial in the effects you want (use the “hold” function) and then re-sample to an empty pad.

Ah, that’s a pity. It makes it really hard to compare two samples. Even resampling one, you have to keep jumping to the performance page to turn the effects off to hear the resampled pad without new effects being applied to it. Is there a quick global bypass I’m missing?

• Don’t give up yet as Koala is constantly being developed with new features being added with every update. I have a feeling per pad routing is not too far away :sunglasses:

I’m quite sure @elf_audio is well aware of it…

• edited December 2022

koala had that option on a past version like 3 or 4 version ago, but he took it back out, because it wasn't working properly and it wasn't ready, but im guessing he is working on it and the developer will added back once its officially ready for koala

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    koala had that option on a past version like 3 or 4 version ago, but he took it back out, because it wasn't working properly and it wasn't ready, but im guessing he is working on it and the developer will added back once its officially ready for koala

Ah, that’s interesting. I hope it comes back. In the meantime I’ve found that opening two instances of Koala in Audiobus works quite well for doing the A/B comparisons I want to do. Not ideal, but Koala is so fantastic I can’t complain.

• I realise the OP was about stand-alone but this resampling workflow is well worth a look.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52648/koala-sampler-aum-the-ultimate-resampling-workflow

• @FordTimeLord said:
    I realise the OP was about stand-alone but this resampling workflow is well worth a look.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52648/koala-sampler-aum-the-ultimate-resampling-workflow

👍

• I’ve got used to the resample function. Pretty easy and quick. Mute the sounds you don’t want and hit resample but the thing I don’t like it clears the fx page from your settings once done but I pretty much use the same settings most of the time.

I’m excited to see what next IAP will be and named. I look forward to global play and stop and the pad routing will be mind blowing if it is down right. Make some crazy drum racks for sure.

• @stormywaterz said:
    I’ve got used to the resample function. Pretty easy and quick. Mute the sounds you don’t want and hit resample but the thing I don’t like it clears the fx page from your settings once done but I pretty much use the same settings most of the time.

I’m excited to see what next IAP will be and named. I look forward to global play and stop and the pad routing will be mind blowing if it is down right. Make some crazy drum racks for sure.

If you use the same fx settings why do you mute and resample sounds individually anyway? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

/halfway joking , I think I understand what you mean lol

• pressing the solo button its faster

• @pr4y_4_beats said:

@stormywaterz said:
    I’ve got used to the resample function. Pretty easy and quick. Mute the sounds you don’t want and hit resample but the thing I don’t like it clears the fx page from your settings once done but I pretty much use the same settings most of the time.

If you use the same fx settings why do you mute and resample sounds individually anyway? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

/halfway joking , I think I understand what you mean lol

I like to recreate different fx parts to play along with the original sample to give it depth. It’s just me. Yes I could solo :)