Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SFM Tutorials: Octachron

Octachron AUv3 Drum Midi Sequencer - Getting Started (3 copies to win)

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/octachron-midi-drum-sequencer/id1453137215

This is one of the best Midi Drum Sequencer…

This video covers:

• Intro to the UI
  • How to load a factory mapping
  • How to create your own mapping
  • How to generate a mapping from a scale
  • How to change notes and midi channel for mapping
  • How to create patterns
  • How to add and remove steps
  • How to clear copy and paste patterns
  • How to randomise patterns
  • How to change patterns into a song
  • How to move between playing patterns in queue or instantly
  • How to define loops within a song
  • How to mute each row
  • How to define density and randomisation for each row
  • How to define probability of steps being played at row level
  • How to use modulation
  • How to modulate velocity, repetition and probability
  • How to change the row length and modulate that
  • How to define cc messages for modulation
  • How to change different audio sources for example from SDS-X to Digistix2
  • How to change the overall length in steps
  • How to change the clock divider
  • How to override the default midi channel
  • Etc.

Enjoy and do not forget to subscribe!

Comments

• Thank you!

• I bought Octachron after @Poppadocrock gave it a strong endorsement in the ios sale thread. What a fun sequencer! I've barely scratched the surface, and this is just what the doctor ordered. Your videos are always well-structured and educational. Thanks, @sfm!

If Octachron allowed for, 1. gate control, and 2. note ties, I think it would become an incredible melodic sequencer with very slick probability and randomness controls. What do you think?
    I get glimpses of how powerful this could be when I fire up Mersenne with tight envelopes and just experiment with melody. Being able to use more than plucked or struck sounds would make this a very good new year!

I could imagine having to toggle these on in a menu so that it didn't clutter the ui if you're sequencing drums. I would buy that functionality with an IAP.

Do you have a favorite melodic step sequencer? I enjoyed your tutorials on Thesys, though I didn't end up buying it because of the small ui elements and my aging eyes. I'm currently hunting for a 'main' step sequencer for rapidly iterating ideas that can be fleshed out enough for songs. I like the old Xynthesizer... you could specify whether repeat notes tie or notnin the settings. If it had a song mode and an auv3, I would buy two new copies right now.

• I think haq posted about it? I like it. Not sure what to pair it with. It works swimmingly with FAC Drumkit (and if you own one you have to get the other), but i’d love a drum sampler that would snap in as well as it does.

What have yous been pairing it with?

• Octachron AUv3 Drum Midi Sequencer - Sequencer for Drums and Synths

In this tutorial we are going to explain how to use Octachron to control both Drums and Synths

This video covers:

• How to find the note numbers to play if you do not know
    • How to setup Octachron to control both SDS-X and Bleass Megalit using different Midi Channels
    • How to generate a minor scale
    • How to program a drum pattern
    • How to add synth patterns to specific rows changing the Midi Output Channel
    • Etc.

• @sfm said:
    Octachron AUv3 Drum Midi Sequencer - Sequencer for Drums and Synths

In this tutorial we are going to explain how to use Octachron to control both Drums and Synths

This video covers:

• How to setup Octachron to control both SDS-X and Bleass Megalit using different Midi Channels
    • Etc.

Your tutorials are excellent! 😎👍🏼

• @anickt said:

@sfm said:
    Octachron AUv3 Drum Midi Sequencer - Sequencer for Drums and Synths

This video covers:

• Etc.

Your tutorials are excellent! 😎👍🏼

Thanks
    Leo