Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DawnBeat - Creative Sampler by Luis Rivas

DawnBeat

The ultimate sampler:

Multitouch and draggable pads. Pads are individually configurable, allowing re-triggering when drag for amazing fills, tone variations, link to another pads, link open/close hi-hats.

Pattern sequencer with piano editor. With the events Memorizer you'll never miss a beat. DawnBeat is always recording pad events,

12 effects, reverb, delay, compressor, flutter ...

Built-In browser with samples.

Export audio files.
Export movies with images and GIF animations.

Free
In-App Purchases: Dawn Beat Complete $9.99

Comments

• What a beautiful and smooth app! Having fun with it already. So easy to pick up and jam. But please consider landscape. My iPad stand only allows me to play landscape the way I have my rig setup.

• Pretty cool! 😎👍🏼

• Does this do anything Koala doesn’t do?

• umm thins thing is pretty slick. if this could be an AU app. this would be very very cool!!

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    What a beautiful and smooth app! Having fun with it already. So easy to pick up and jam. But please consider landscape. My iPad stand only allows me to play landscape the way I have my rig setup.

second on addition of landscape mode

• @Telstar5 said:
    Does this do anything Koala doesn’t do?

Quite a bit as it goes. The sample editing has a bit more going on and there’s more control over the effects. My favourite thing so far is the memory looper. It’s always recording the sequences you’re playing on the pads and you can go back and loop bits you like.

• @FordTimeLord said:

@Telstar5 said:

Quite a bit as it goes. The sample editing has a bit more going on and there’s more control over the effects. My favourite thing so far is the memory looper. It’s always recording the sequences you’re playing on the pads and you can go back and loop bits you like.

That sounds awesome. I’m glad these “memory loopers” are becoming more commonplace. Might just check this one out.

• @eross said:

@cuezaireekaa said:
    What a beautiful and smooth app! Having fun with it already. So easy to pick up and jam. But please consider landscape. My iPad stand only allows me to play landscape the way I have my rig setup.

second on addition of landscape mode

Plus one for landscape, seriously yo

• @db909 said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@Telstar5 said:

That sounds awesome. I’m glad these “memory loopers” are becoming more commonplace. Might just check this one out.

It’s free to try, well worth a look.

• edited December 2022

@Telstar5 said:

Tap and drag on pads will retrigger the sound.
    Global sample rate can be changed for a song, 11KHz, 16KHz, 22KHz and device sample rate.
    Effects can be reordered.
    Audio recordings can be exported as movies, with a single image or a animated GIF.
    Pads can be linked (closed hihat mute open hihat)

• Awesome! I always talk about wavebox.

Great job!

• @Telstar5 said:

Configurable fx

• Plus 1 for landscape please.

• edited December 2022

I have contacted the dev regarding landscape mode.

They said they are looking at it but it’s not easy to implement since the interface is designed to fit on the screen in portrait mode and rotating it affects usability. They also said there will be updates to the app and the manual soon.

I’ll live with portrait mode on this one since it’s obviously mimicking the Roland SP series and I can see what they mean about changing the interface in that respect.

• edited December 2022

this developer in my opinion seems like he got the potential for making great sample editing apps, wavebox being one of them, and now this one Dawnbeat, i just hope the developer of this dawnbeat app be able to keep improving this concept because it has a lot of potential to become a big sampling app, for us the sampling beatmakers and producers that are looking for nothing but the best, sampling work station and tools for their beat production, like koalaSampler being one of those great sampler, so yes i do hope Dawnbeat gets to a pro sampling work station level, which is why i just bought it, supporting the development of this app,

Needs by startup
    1. unlimited 16 sets of sample pads,
    2. sample chopping editing options
    3. auto and manually, overall or individual sample time stretching options
    4. more powerful samples processing and fx editing tools options
    5. Auv3 , multi out and midi in&out option
    6. re sampling options
    7. recording pre-count settings
    8. Pianoroll ; quantize and swing settings and ghost notes option
    9. sizable virtual keyboard and pads option
    with note keys and pads, auto time signature rolls settings including triplets, also key notes gliding settings
    10. Sample root note key finder
    11. keyboard and pads scales and chords settings
    12. on screen audio recording
    13. some options for a drum pattern auto generator would be cool 😀
    14. pads pick and drop copy, paste and blend options
    15 fast work flow UI environment

that was just to name a few things that think are the basic a sampling apps, just the basics that a serious beat maker, do want and need in their samplers to start up a full production 🙂

• @Telstar5 said:

It's free - download it and try it.

• I'm doing a Giveaway for the iap ("Dawn Beat Complete") if anyone's interested.

• edited December 2022

@eylvy said:

I'm doing a Giveaway for the iap ("Dawn Beat Complete") if anyone's interested.

I’m certainly interested. What are the details?

Edit: oops…info is on your YouTube channel

• @mtenk said:

@eylvy said:

I'm doing a Giveaway for the iap ("Dawn Beat Complete") if anyone's interested.

I’m certainly interested. What are the details?

They’re in the YouTube description.

• Im liking it, but as it is is just a fun toy.

Maybe as auv3 it might get some usefulness

• @cokomairena said:
    Im liking it, but as it is is just a fun toy.

How so? What is it missing that AUv3 would give it given that, as it appears to me, this is similar to the Roland S series?

• @anickt said:

@cokomairena said:
    Im liking it, but as it is is just a fun toy.

How so? What is it missing that AUv3 would give it given that, as it appears to me, this is similar to the Roland S series?

I mean having it as an auv3 plugin. For one you could use more than one instance, also you could use external plugins

• No time stretch?

• @taeo said:
    No time stretch?

No but it just came out. They already have an update in the works.

• Added support for AUv3 effects, iPhone and iPad, managing the differents AU sizes is a nightmare... but it seems it works.

• This is a very cool app. I still cannot believe that I can do something like this on a Mobile phone

• edited December 2022

the developer is on the right path, Dawnbeat it’s still on it early development , but i can definitely see the developer making this a must have app, and i really hope he do because it will definitely paid off at the end of the road, so please don’t stop taking this app to the top because this one is the one for that, i can guarantee it !

• Landscape please.

• @cuezaireekaa said:

Uhh.

I tend to delete Apps that want an iPad to be used in portrait mode.
    What a strange idea from an developer... never understood this 😳

Any any and all regular cases or covers only allow for the iPad to be in landscape mode.
    Even when in bed or sitting, it is more naturally to have it this way...