Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Maybe) Don't upgrade your USB-C iOS device to 16.2 if you have a MOTU Ultralite Mk5

qqqqqq
edited January 2023 in Hardware

Just a disclaimer. I upgraded from 15 to 16.2, and now my Ultralite Mk5 no longer works hooked up to a USB hub. I've tried multiple cables and multiple hubs (including an official Apple one). Hooking up directly via USB C still works.

I just opened a support ticket with MOTU.

Comments

• Works fine with MOTU M-2. Sorry about your experience.

• @qqq said:
    Just a disclaimer. I upgraded from 15 to 16.2, and now my Ultralite Mk5 no longer works hooked up to a USB hub. I've tried multiple cables and multiple hubs (including an official Apple one). Hooking up directly via USB C still works.

Does the device itself not work, or are you referring to the motu iOS app?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@qqq said:

Does the device itself not work, or are you referring to the motu iOS app?

The device itself. The playback comes out through the internal speaker instead of the interface, and the inputs/outputs don't show up in Drambo or AUM.

• qqqqqq
    edited December 2022

Weirdly, it still works with my Lightning iPhone (also 16.2). But my USB-C iPad (16.2) doesn't work. Different hubs but the USB-C hubs work fine with everything else.

• Did you do anything to, or did it disable the microphone access during the upgrade?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Did you do anything to, or did it disable the microphone access during the upgrade?

Good thought, just looked both Drambo and AUM still have that access. I've even used them with a different interface on this iPad.

• edited January 2023

Reviving a old thread, just to add that griffin connect studio docks with 30 pin to lightning adapters also stopped working on 16.2.

• My MK5 works fine on 16.2.

• qqqqqq
    edited January 2023

I'm glad this was revived, because I should say my MK5 is now working fine on 16.2. That being said, I have ZERO idea why.

I restarted everything multiple times, updated the MK5 firmware, tried different hubs. Still didn't work. And then one day after not trying it for a few weeks I plugged it in and there were no issues.

I haven't been using it much since because I have switched to a different setup, but it seems fine. Maybe this can just be a tale of the level of weirdness with iOS upgrades.

• @qqq said:
    I'm glad this was revived, because I should say my MK5 is now working fine on 16.2. That being said, I have ZERO idea why.

I restarted everything multiple times, updated the MK5 firmware, tried different hubs. Still didn't work. And then one day after not trying it for a few weeks I plugged it in and there were no issues.

I haven't been using it much since because I have switched to a different setup, but it seems fine. Maybe this can just be a tale of the level of weirdness with iOS upgrades.

See, and now I got home tonight and just plugged it all in and it's NOT working. WTF?!?!?!?

• @slicetwo said:
    See, and now I got home tonight and just plugged it all in and it's NOT working. WTF?!?!?!?

Oh no! My problem was contagious :( I'm so sorry!

For all I know if I plugged it in again I'd have problems too. If you keep having issues maybe report it as well. MOTU Said they tested my issue and couldn't reproduce it...

• @qqq said:

@slicetwo said:

Oh no! My problem was contagious :( I'm so sorry!

For all I know if I plugged it in again I'd have problems too. If you keep having issues maybe report it as well. MOTU Said they tested my issue and couldn't reproduce it...

I sent in a help ticket today. I’ll try it again tomorrow. The sound card is so fickle (did you know it’s not actually compatible with all 1/4in cables?!?!) but it has literally the perfect feature set for my current dream rig. Goddamnit!