Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Model 15 UI disappeared in AUM (SOLVED)

edited December 2022 in Support and Feedback

I just opened Moog Model 15 in AUM and the UI is just a blank screen. Is this a known issue? I can switch between presets, but the same thing happens with each one. How strange.

Comments

• Mine is fine, but a new version was released two days ago and i have not updated.
    Suggest you contact Moog support, and until we know differently probably not a good idea to update to latest version.

• @belldu said:
    Mine is fine, but a new version was released two days ago and i have not updated.
    Suggest you contact Moog support, and until we know differently probably not a good idea to update to latest version.

Thanks, I’ll try, but I’ve contacted Moog support several times regarding a different app in the past and heard absolutely nothing back. Shockingly bad customer service.

• edited December 2022

If I delete the app, I’ll be able to then re-download right?

• @Kashi said:

@belldu said:
    Mine is fine, but a new version was released two days ago and i have not updated.

Thanks, I’ll try, but I’ve contacted Moog support several times regarding a different app in the past and heard absolutely nothing back. Shockingly bad customer service.

No reply to reasonable customer inquiries for several times = instant termination of developer account, at least if I were Apple.

• This can happen when the devices starts to run out of either ram-memory or battery power...
    ...check if a reboot helps.

• edited December 2022

@SevenSystems said:

@Kashi said:

@belldu said:

No reply to reasonable customer inquiries for several times = instant termination of developer account, at least if I were Apple.

You must be kidding right? Who gets to decide what is "reasonable"? You should see some of the rude entitled drivel I sometimes find in my inbox of which I'm sure the sender thinks they're being entirely reasonable. :/

Imagine having to defend yourself as an indie dev against complaints made to Apple about you not responding in time when you're sick or on vacation without internet. That would instantly drive me away from the platform as a dev.

Not saying that's what happened in this case - just to be sure. Just responding to my esteemed colleague above.

• @Kashi . It's working normally for me, both stand-alone and as AUv3 in AUM. This is the updated Model 15, version 2.2.19, on iPad 6, iPadOS 16.2.

But it looks like you're trying to load Model 15 as IAA. I also see a blank screen in that mode. Try loading Model 15 stand-alone, then connecting to AUM.

• Not specific to this post but in general...

...please people, when you bump into issues with apps please do state which iDevice and iOS/iPadOS version is being used as this will really help in trouble-shooting...

It happens way, way too often that older versions of apps are being used and the bugs encountered have been fixed in a more recent version of the app or iOS/iPadOS version...

• @Samu said:
    Not specific to this post but in general...

...please people, when you bump into issues with apps please do state which iDevice and iOS/iPadOS version is being used as this will really help in trouble-shooting...

It happens way, way too often that older versions of apps are being used and the bugs encountered have been fixed in a more recent version of the app or iOS/iPadOS version...

Thanx so much for this. It should be a popup when submitting a post, like those annoying "Required Item" popups on other websites. It's not difficult for users to check the various Abouts and report the specifics.

• Whoops. I was indeed opening as an IAA. Silly me.
    Just tried as AUv3 and all peachy.
    And yes, apologies for not having mentioned my tech-spec - will do in future!
    As you were.

• @brambos said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Kashi said:

@belldu said:

You must be kidding right?

No!

Who gets to decide what is "reasonable"? You should see some of the rude entitled drivel I sometimes find in my inbox of which I'm sure the sender thinks they're being entirely reasonable. :/

Yes of course the degree of reasonableness would have to be decided by someone reasonable 😂 I must admit though that I personally reply to EVERY customer support query, even if entitled. At least once. It's just how the game goes when you deal with consumers. If the customer then goes on in the same style then I'll admit I'll drop the conversation.

However in this case, it seems like Moog has been contacted about a serious bug (app not working at all) in their product, and in that case, ANY customer support query related to that is probably "reasonable" 🥳

Imagine having to defend yourself as an indie dev against complaints made to Apple about you not responding in time when you're sick or on vacation without internet. That would instantly drive me away from the platform as a dev.

In that case you should at least put together an auto-reply informing customers about the situation. Also I think this is probably very rarely the explanation for customers not getting replies from devs.
    And -- sorry -- if you are selling a product online and have no employees as a backup, you just CANNOT GO ON VACATION without internet. 😬

Not saying that's what happened in this case - just to be sure.

Who knows, maybe I need to be more tolerant and relaxed. It's probably the remains of the German in me, even though I left the country 6 years ago 😄

• @Kashi said:
    Whoops. I was indeed opening as an IAA. Silly me.
    As you were.

Glad it is working for you now.

You might want to change the title of the thread to something like "Model 15 UI disappeared in AUM (SOLVED)".

Cheers!

• @Simon said:

@Kashi said:
    Whoops. I was indeed opening as an IAA. Silly me.
    As you were.

Glad it is working for you now.

You might want to change the title of the thread to something like "Model 15 UI disappeared in AUM (SOLVED)".

Cheers!

Good point! Will do that now