Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.5 and Holiday Season Sale available (ending Jan 9, 2023)

12346»

Comments

• @iamspoon said:

I’ve had this happen on iOS 15.x , sorry I can’t reproduce it though.

Hi @iamspoon,

The issue is planned to be fixed in the next update!

Best,
    Lars

• @swfarrington said:
    I seem to get that whenever I select to open the most recent project option. Closing out and reopening usually works but it’s frustrating given pre 3.5 update the last project opened automatically without issue. I’m on iOS 15 latest point release.

Hi @swfarrington,

You may give the recently added "Quick Actions" a try...

• Make a long tap on the Cubasis app icon
    • Choose "Open Recent Project" from list (or "Create New Project" of course)

Best,
    Lars

• Hello Lars

Thanks for this new update and happy new year.

Here’s some feature wishlist :) maybe it’s already possible but I didn’t find it :smile:

• convert stereo track as mono
    • Convert midi to audio
    • Minimize group track to just display the group track and not all (maybe it’s folder track in regular cubase version)
    • Marker (to write chorus / verse / intro…)
    • Playlist audio track (to record many takes and select part for the main take)
    • Favorite list for auv3 and other fx
    • Bus tracks (or send group track to another group track)
    • Put same colors for each track added in group track

Maybe it’s not the good spot to send this wishlist. If it’s a dedicated area, please tell me and I would be happy to help

Thanks again for this awesome 3.5 update and can’t wait for the new one

Peace

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2023

Hi all,

We are in preparation of the next Cubasis 3.5.1 update and need your help!

It looks like the issue below, which has been reported by several users no longer appears on iOS/iPadOS 16.2.

If you still encounter the problem (using iOS/iPad OS 16.2), please provide us with a short clip or share the steps how to reproduce the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Stay safe,
    Lars

CBT-3452 Drag and drop leads to audio event being placed on the wrong track
    A few users have reported that dragging files from a third party iOS app and dropping them onto a track in Cubasis sometimes places the file on the wrong track. Manually moving the dropped event to a different track works as an immediate option to resolve the problem. Another workaround is to drop into the MediaBay and drag the file from the MediaBay onto the desired track. The issue is planned to be resolved in the next maintenance update release.

• PSA, iOS16.3/iPadOS16.3 will be out next week...

• edited January 2023

Seems to be working correctly here now, Air 5, OS 16.2. My original problem was only from dragging an audio file from Cubasis' own "Audio" folder to a track; it would usually not land on the expected track.

• edited January 2023

I know this is not a huge issue for most, but the new splash screen is hideous, design-wise. I really need an option to hide it. I don’t want to see a list of video tutorials when I know how to use the product. Can you at least make is smaller or provide an option to bypass the splash screen completely?

The UX now feels like a freemium product to me as opposed to the solid prosumer product I know it is.

@LFS

• Still no PDC, no BUSes, no MIDI learn for plugins (

• A great update.

Are there any plans to introduce AU groups/folders? I've got quite a few AUs, and not all of them have nice descriptive names.

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    I know this is not a huge issue for most, but the new splash screen is hideous, design-wise. I really need an option to hide it. I don’t want to see a list of video tutorials when I know how to use the product. Can you at least make is smaller or provide an option to bypass the splash screen completely?

The UX now feels like a freemium product to me as opposed to the solid prosumer product I know it is.

@LFS

Hi @KirbyMumbo,

The upcoming 3.5.1 update will allow you to close the lower info zone of the Hub...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@LFS

Hi @KirbyMumbo,

The upcoming 3.5.1 update will allow you to close the lower info zone of the Hub...

Best,
    Lars

Nice!!! @KirbyMumbo Waiting for it, just use airplane mode to avoid to see it, as it needs some data. If you’re that allergic 😂

• @LFS said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@LFS

Hi @KirbyMumbo,

Best,
    Lars

Awesome! I know it's a whiny request :D so thanks to the team for listening

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2023

@KirbyMumbo said:

@LFS said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@LFS

Hi @KirbyMumbo,

Best,
    Lars

Awesome! I know it's a whiny request :D so thanks to the team for listening

Hi @KirbyMumbo,

Sure thing... :)
    We'd like to see happy Cubasis users...

Also, I'd recommend to give the Quick Actions a try:

• Make a long tap on the "Cubasis app icon"
    • Choose "Create New Project" or "Open Recent Project" from the list

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @soundsgoodbro said:
    Still no PDC, no BUSes, no MIDI learn for plugins (

Any chance Plugin Delay Compensation is scheduled for the 3.5.1 update @LFS ? (Or anytime soon?) I seem to be encountering more and more 3rd party plugins recently that can't be used with Cubasis, as they introduce an audible delay (which isn't compensated for).

• @DanSebPage said:

@soundsgoodbro said:

Any chance Plugin Delay Compensation is scheduled for the 3.5.1 update @LFS ? (Or anytime soon?) I seem to be encountering more and more 3rd party plugins recently that can't be used with Cubasis, as they introduce an audible delay (which isn't compensated for).

I can add another vote for this. Feels like an absolute necessity when there’s so many great plugins that rely on this functionality in the host.

• @somblebeats said:

@DanSebPage said:

@soundsgoodbro said:

I can add another vote for this. Feels like an absolute necessity when there’s so many great plugins that rely on this functionality in the host.

+1

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2023

Hi @DanSebPage,

Unfortunately it will not be possible to add PDF in 3.5.1, which aims to resolve issues introduced with 3.5.

While PDC is on our list, I have no further information when to expect the feature to be added unfortunately.

Cubasis 3.5.1 is aimed to be resolved soon.

Best,
    Lars

• @janpieter said:

@somblebeats said:

@DanSebPage said:

@soundsgoodbro said:

+1

+1

@LFS and why is now in the upper screen the time and the charging info? I dont need that, the space is importen for me, i think for the most people. It would be very nice when you go back or give the user the option to decide what he need. I never see a feature request that someone need the clock and battery level when making music.

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2023

@headmademusic said:

@LFS and why is now in the upper screen the time and the charging info? I dont need that, the space is importen for me, i think for the most people. It would be very nice when you go back or give the user the option to decide what he need. I never see a feature request that someone need the clock and battery level when making music.

Hi @headmademusic,

Simply disable the "Show Status Bar" option, located under "Setup/User Interface".

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@headmademusic said:

Hi @headmademusic,

Simply disable the "Show Status Bar" option, located under "Setup/User Interface".

Best,
    Lars

Sorry for any inconvenience, I should have searched the menus first. Thank you very much for the quick reply.

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2023

@headmademusic said:

@LFS said:

@headmademusic said:

Hi @headmademusic,

Best,
    Lars

Sorry for any inconvenience, I should have searched the menus first. Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Absolutely no worries @headmademusic! I'm 100% with you, disliking the "Status Bar" displayed, while others requested and want to see it. Good, that there is an option available to disable it... :)

Enjoy making music
    & stay safe,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

Good, that there is an option available to disable it... :)

Enjoy making music
    & stay safe,
    Lars

Yes thats good otherwise it would be a pain in the … . Is the status bar switchable since this update or has the possibility been available for some time? I never see this before.

• @headmademusic said:

@LFS said:

Enjoy making music
    & stay safe,
    Lars

Yes thats good otherwise it would be a pain in the … . Is the status bar switchable since this update or has the possibility been available for some time? I never see this before.

The option has been added with V3.5!

Best,
    Lars

• A quick tip for you while you’re talking Cubasis 3:-

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    A quick tip for you while you’re talking Cubasis 3:-

Nice tip! I didn't realise this.

• @FPC said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    A quick tip for you while you’re talking Cubasis 3:-

Nice tip! I didn't realise this.

It’s just one of those little things that helps but a lot of people don’t seem to know. I did it in a livestream once and quite a few people were like, wait! What did you just do? So I thought I’d share.

• @tja said:
    @LFS Steinberg should consider to offer beta versions to the members of this forum.

I think thats a very good idea, it seems quite clear that their testing team die> @LFS said:

Hi @DanSebPage,

Unfortunately it will not be possible to add PDF in 3.5.1, which aims to resolve issues introduced with 3.5.

While PDC is on our list, I have no further information when to expect the feature to be added unfortunately.

Cubasis 3.5.1 is aimed to be resolved soon.

Best,
    Lars

Please, please O please, put PDF at the top of the list, <3 . Otherwise, as we add plugins, things just go a bit out of time, and thats one of the worst things that can happen in music!

• @LFS said:

@headmademusic said:

@LFS said:

Enjoy making music
    & stay safe,
    Lars

The option has been added with V3.5!

Best,
    Lars

Thanks a lot.

• Hi all,

Please note that Cubasis 3.5.1 has been released today.

For the complete list of new features, improvements, issues and solutions in Cubasis 3.5.1, please read here.

We hope you enjoy using the new update!
    Please support us by rating Cubasis in the App Store!

Thanks
    & stay well,
    Lars