Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Hammer and the Nail

edited December 2022 in Creations

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem becomes a nail"

An instrumental made with Riffler, Rock Drum Machine, HammerHead, Drum Jam, Pure Synth Platinum, AudioLayer, ZOA, Aphelian, Mammoth, Rhino, Nembrini Wah, Nembrini Crunk, Mixbox, and VirtualRoom. Created in AUM and arranged in Cubasis 3

My father would have been 84 today if heart disease hadn't ended his life roughly 15 years ago.
I feared him more than I loved him growing up. It wasn't until much later that I understood that he was only using the only tool he knew from his own experience. We got much closer before he passed and looking back now I see the happier times and how much he sacrificed for me and my siblings. He came to see my band play 30 odd years ago and my sister and brother tell me he would be proud to see my silly videos and hear my music.
Miss you Dad.

Comments

• extremely cool 💪🏼🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Killer song! Great arrangement and production.

I had similar experience with my dad. When I was very young I looked up to him. As a teen, I resented him. As an adult I began to see things through his eyes. Shortly before he passed, he opened up about his WWII experiences in the South Pacific on the destroyer USS Tingey. He saw a kamikaze pilot close enough to see his eyes. He said he saluted him and said, "you poor bastard". Mom and dad came to see me play at a local summer festival about 20 years ago. It was really nice. Those music lessons paid off, after all.

• Excellent track!

My dad died of an aneurysm at 60. I was very rebellious during his last few years. I regret that but I was just a jerk adolescent. We held hands till I was fourteen IIRC. He got angry a lot, but with an adult mind I can understand the stress he was under.

• I can only parrot @LinearLineman : Excellent track!

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    extremely cool 💪🏼🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Thank you. I'm glad you think so!

@Paulieworld said:
    Killer song! Great arrangement and production.

I had similar experience with my dad. When I was very young I looked up to him. As a teen, I resented him. As an adult I began to see things through his eyes. Shortly before he passed, he opened up about his WWII experiences in the South Pacific on the destroyer USS Tingey. He saw a kamikaze pilot close enough to see his eyes. He said he saluted him and said, "you poor bastard". Mom and dad came to see me play at a local summer festival about 20 years ago. It was really nice. Those music lessons paid off, after all.

Thanks Paul. I stumbled upon VirtualRoom and I really like the way it works for moving sounds around in the sound space. I think I'll be using it more.
    I've seen pictures of when my dad served in Alaska but I was only a twinkle in his eyes back then. He never talked about it much. I do wish I had more time to get to know him after Anthony came into my life. Gives you perspective.

@LinearLineman said:
    Excellent track!

My dad died of an aneurysm at 60. I was very rebellious during his last few years. I regret that but I was just a jerk adolescent. We held hands till I was fourteen IIRC. He got angry a lot, but with an adult mind I can understand the stress he was under.

Thank you Michael.
    It definitely changed my perspective when I got old enough to understand how hard it can be to support a family and the pressure of it all.
    Glad you liked the track.

@jo92346 said:
    I can only parrot @LinearLineman : Excellent track!

Thank you jo92346
    I think hanging around this forum, listening to some of the other creators has helped me improve. You people keep raising the bar.😁

• Awesome jam Mac! Using the new Nembrini Wah pedal effect on Riffler’s sounds, well, let’s just say it goes together like pork chops and applesauce!

• Excellent !

• I would be proud of your music as well!!!
    Rest in Peace, @MadeofWax 's Dad!!!
    Very invigorating music, and I love it!!!
    I miss my Dad as well!
    Thanks for this tribute to all Fathers!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Awesome jam Mac! Using the new Nembrini Wah pedal effect on Riffler’s sounds, well, let’s just say it goes together like pork chops and applesauce!

Thank you Edward!
    I agree, the Nembrini wah pedal just has that classic sound. It's a great free gift to the community. I'm glad you liked this.

@JanKun said:
    Excellent !

Thank you JanKun!
    I appreciate that.

@ReneAsologuitar said:
    I would be proud of your music as well!!!
    Rest in Peace, @MadeofWax 's Dad!!!
    Very invigorating music, and I love it!!!
    I miss my Dad as well!
    Thanks for this tribute to all Fathers!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

Thank you Rene!
    That really means a lot.
    I probably wouldn't have music as one of my hobbies if it hadn't been for my father.
    Seeing you and your daughter playing and singing in your videos brings me joy.

• Great track @MadeofWax . Was that ZOA playing the lead?

• @GeoTony said:
    Great track @MadeofWax . Was that ZOA playing the lead?

Thank you @GeoTony .
    That is ZOA and Aphelian. I route ZOA into Aphelian and then route both into AudioLayer. Sometimes route in Riffer too, mix and match, change the rhythm in Aphelian or ZOA. Not as precise as playing an instrument but not totally random. I just modulate the chaos .
    Thanks again for listening.