Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Toneboosters app icons poll

Comments

• As long as they look professionally done, neat, well designed etc, it's the least important thing I can think of and I wouldn't waste a second on it that could be better spent elsewhere. Just my POV.

• I would keep the colours fairly consistent but have different forms, those ones just upthread are great 👍

• Nice Icons @DJB :sunglasses:

I’d also love to see TB’s take on gating and giving FF Pro-G some healthy competition :wink:

• I voted other, here comes the note.

Ideally, the icons should achieve two goals:

1) show you it's a TB app
    2) show you which TB app it is

The current icons clearly achieve 1) but not always 2), because the text is not always readable. If you can find a creative idea that does 2) better while keeping 1), go for it. If it's too difficult, just keep what you have now because it's quite good as is.

In general, thank you for your apps and continuing support of the platform. 🎖️

• @DJB said:
    Thanks everyone for responding! It seems different icons but in a consistent style is what most people prefer... We also got some great community suggestions and contributions for icon designs, and we've started experimenting with new icons a bit...

Yummy!

• edited December 2022

(duplicate)

• edited December 2022

@DJB in my humble opinion you are loosing your identity with these new icons. I would take some cues from Adobe playbook. Very similar style of icons but either some letters change or some part of the interior.

https://www.adobe.com/ca/legal/permissions/icons-web-logos.html

• I really like the icons you've showed in the 3D sketch @DJB 😊

• I have to say I miss the 'TB Logo Icon' on these new icons...
    ...but I'm a weirdo and usually go by plug-in name rather than icons and with a gazillion of different icon styles it just looks very 'un organized'.

I'd actually be happy if hosts had the option to hide the plug-in icons and go strictly by developer & plug-in name or any order I prefer to sort them in.

• @Samu said:
    I have to say I miss the 'TB Logo Icon' on these new icons...
    ...but I'm a weirdo and usually go by plug-in name rather than icons and with a gazillion of different icon styles it just looks very 'un organized'.

I'd actually be happy if hosts had the option to hide the plug-in icons and go strictly by developer & plug-in name or any order I prefer to sort them in.

I was opposed to the idea at first, but I like this change.

• @Samu said:
    Nice Icons @DJB :sunglasses:

I’d also love to see TB’s take on gating and giving FF Pro-G some healthy competition :wink:

There’s a Gate in TB Reverb, but there’s certainly room for a dedicated fancier gate from Toneboosters. 👍

• @DJB said:
    Thanks everyone for responding! It seems different icons but in a consistent style is what most people prefer... We also got some great community suggestions and contributions for icon designs, and we've started experimenting with new icons a bit...

dayum!!

• Will the Flowtones app icon be redesigned to be less dimensional?

• All apps are updated with new icons. They look great!

• Will the desktop apps follow suit soon, @DJB?

• Looks nice.. Thanks.

• @NeuM said:
    Will the desktop apps follow suit soon, @DJB?

They already have :sunglasses:

• edited January 2023

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:
    Will the desktop apps follow suit soon, @DJB?

They already have :sunglasses:

I’ll check again. Just updated 15 minutes ago and there was no change.

Nope. No change from what I’m seeing. Are you referring to update Installer v.1.6.8?

UPDATE: Two minutes after checking again and now the new installer is available. It is done. 👍

• i really like the new icon design specially the colors scheme

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    i really like the new icon design specially the colors scheme

I agree. Still all very distinctively Toneboosters thanks to the color scheme.

• I really like this new app by TB called SF-1

• @ecou said:
    I really like this new app by TB called SF-1

Close, but not quite.

• @NeuM said:

@ecou said:

Close, but not quite.

When it’s not side by side you can’t tell the difference

• @ecou said:

😂 i got fooled by this because i actually thought that was a new tonebooster app which i started looking at the app store under toneboosters for it, but couldn’t find it for the iphone, and when i was going to ask you about it i noticed the other comments and then i realized it was a Kai app for ipad🤦🏻
    you got me 😂🤣

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:

@ecou said:

😂 i got fooled by this because i actually thought that was a new tonebooster app which i started looking at the app store under toneboosters for it, but couldn’t find it for the iphone, and when i was going to ask you about it i noticed the other comments and then i realized it was a Kai app for ipad🤦🏻
    you got me 😂🤣

Haha thanks for proving my point 😂😂

• @ecou said:

@SLPGroundSoundMusic said:

@ecou said:

you got me 😂🤣

Haha thanks for proving my point 😂😂

The point is that icons can look somewhat similar? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• edited January 2023

@DJB I really like these. My only possible tweak, for consistency across the series of icons (speaking as a graphic designer) is that the Dual VCF icon stands out as it goes to the edge, whereas the others are contained within a black border, but it's a minor thing.

• edited January 2023

These icons are unusable. I can't make music with an app that has icons like this. They need to be more different while containing similarities to link them to one company. But seriously, I'm not being serious.

• @Ailerom said:
    These icons are unusable. I can't make music with an app that has icons like this. They need to be more different while containing similarities to link them to one company.

Please highlight satire comments as it is nowadays really tricky to discriminate satire from real content (at least on Twitter) ;)

• @david_2017 said:

@Ailerom said:
    These icons are unusable. I can't make music with an app that has icons like this. They need to be more different while containing similarities to link them to one company.

Please highlight satire comments as it is nowadays really tricky to discriminate satire from real content (at least on Twitter) ;)

Too subtle?