Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Attached Classic WT Zip , why they crash DRAMBO? All other WT are working good, [SOLVED]

edited December 2022 in Support and Feedback

Can you check Please these WT why they crash randomly DRAMBO?
Sometimes it works, sometimes crashing. Just better to ask, Maybe we could learn something. Thank you

Comments

• No crashes using them here yet. I've given them a quite heavy spin (ie. gone thru each of the 80 waves with heavy random wt position modulation with 8 voice polyphony).

I used my iPad Air 2, iPadOS15.7.1 using a 'beta' and on the M1 11" iPadPro, iPadOS16.1.1 using the AppStore version.
    No crashes on either device yet...

As far as I can see each of the 80 waves contain 33 frames at 2048 32-bit float samples each so that should not be an issue?!

Are you using Stand-Alone or AUv3? What Device and iOS version?
    Are there any other plug-ins when used in stand-alone that might interfere?

If/when Drambo dives hard/crashes next time please make sure to post a crash-report over at the BeepStreet forums.

As I can't make the darn thing crash using the wave-tables I can't troubleshoot this any further :disappointed:

Cheers!

• I can reproduce the crashes, and it is indeed random for me (i.e. it not always happens with the same wavetable, even if I go through them in the same order).

Tested with iPad Pro 11" M1, iPadOS 16.1.1, App Store version, I tried it both with (at 44.1 kHz) and without an audio interface (at 48 kHz). I also replicated it on my iPhone 13.

• @Grandbear said:
    I can reproduce the crashes, and it is indeed random for me (i.e. it not always happens with the same wavetable, even if I go through them in the same order).

Tested with iPad Pro 11" M1, iPadOS 16.1.1, App Store version, I tried it both with (at 44.1 kHz) and without an audio interface (at 48 kHz). I also replicated it on my iPhone 13.

Perfect! If possible, post the crash-logs over at the Beepstreet forums (or here) if possible.
    I'll tag @giku_beepstreet here too just in case...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@Grandbear said:
    I can reproduce the crashes, and it is indeed random for me (i.e. it not always happens with the same wavetable, even if I go through them in the same order).

Perfect! If possible, post the crash-logs over at the Beepstreet forums (or here) if possible.
    I'll tag @giku_beepstreet here too just in case...

Cheers!

Here is the latest crash log from the iPad:

• @szczyp said:
    Sometimes it works, sometimes crashing. Just better to ask, Maybe we could learn something. Thank you

Could you please try these instead?

• @rs2000 said:

Those are 16-bit 44.1k right?

Personally I'm just puzzled since I can't make the other 32-bit float files crash my Drambo no matter what I try?! :disappointed:
    (I've loaded a bunch of 32-bit float wavetables without any issues).

• edited December 2022

@rs2000 said:

@szczyp said:

Pack from you IS OK, no crashing at my side. Thank you for „change”.
    What it was? An wav-header or other problem? Can you share a solution?

• @Samu said:
    No crashes using them here yet. I've given them a quite heavy spin (ie. gone thru each of the 80 waves with heavy random wt position modulation with 8 voice polyphony).

I used my iPad Air 2, iPadOS15.7.1 using a 'beta' and on the M1 11" iPadPro, iPadOS16.1.1 using the AppStore version.
    No crashes on either device yet...

As far as I can see each of the 80 waves contain 33 frames at 2048 32-bit float samples each so that should not be an issue?!

Are you using Stand-Alone or AUv3? What Device and iOS version?
    Are there any other plug-ins when used in stand-alone that might interfere?

If/when Drambo dives hard/crashes next time please make sure to post a crash-report over at the BeepStreet forums.

As I can't make the darn thing crash using the wave-tables I can't troubleshoot this any further :disappointed:

Cheers!

@Samu it was during selecting WT for example 53-58 „trip” , when selected then Yes its work, but often crashed just after selecting WT.
    THIS PROBLEM GONE WITH PACK FROM @rs2000

And Yes. For example 32bits free WT Kimura are working perfectly (no crashing) https://www.kimurataro.com/free-wavetables.html

• @szczyp said:

@Samu it was during selecting WT for example 53-58 „trip” , when selected then Yes its work, but often crashed just after selecting WT.

This might be a 'stupid' question but did you load/select the wavetable while something was already playing using the wavetable oscillator or was playback stopped? (I usually load wave-tables when playback is stopped).

The files rs2000 posted are 16-bit 44.1k versions of the same wave-tables.

Hopefully this can be sorted out and the root cause for the problem can be tracked down.

Cheers!

• @szczyp @Samu It might occur that the original 32bit wave files have issues (incorrect file header etc.) but sorry I don't have the time to analyze them now.
    The 16bit files are converted with mild dithering applied, and because their levels are all fine, their sound should be indistinguishable from the original files.

• @Samu said:

@szczyp said:

This might be a 'stupid' question but did you load/select the wavetable while something was already playing using the wavetable oscillator or was playback stopped? (I usually load wave-tables when playback is stopped).

The files rs2000 posted are 16-bit 44.1k versions of the same wave-tables.

Hopefully this can be sorted out and the root cause for the problem can be tracked down.

Cheers!

As usual, I always load WT during playing and only mentioned Classic had trouble with crashing, now 16 bit and no problem, Best solution! Good lesson. But there,is no difference for WT oscilator in Drambo, as it produces sound always, and triggering by MIDI only change PITCH (and affect ADSR AMP If added to patch). Thank you gentelmans for help!