Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your 2022 Desert Island Midi App is....?

If you could have only 1 midi fx / sequencer / generator etc app out of all the midi apps released in 2022, what would it be and why?

Comments

• Strokes for sure, I’m just loving how easy and flexible it is

• 4p Euclidean

• Yeah, more of a sequencer, but Euclidean for me.

• edited December 2022

Whoops, it would be one not released in 2022. Disregard. 🤣

• I'd say OODA, because it can create some very interesting sequences.

• edited December 2022

New Path

• Senode Auv3 - great for composition, as it helps to graphically make distinct the different sound sources it is controlling.

• While I still am kind of lost what released in 2022, I will say Riffler 2.0 (1.0 was last year, I know)

• @taeo said:
    New Path

Ah yeah, have not actually tried this one

• LK, but I’m a piano roll kind of guy.

• Drambo 2.0 was released about 6 months ago. Does that count? 😂🤣

• Was gonna start a similar thread, for all options i.e Your 'If I could only have one…' Was planning at a bit more of a granular leve, e.g by each type of effect, utility. Maybe it’s a bit redundant now ;)

• 2022 releases or seriously major updates only please 😛, that means no LK

• These get used equally as much so I had to include ALL of them.. 😁

• Scaler 2 without a doubt.. exploring progressions + voicings that I simply wouldn’t come up with unless I was maybe playing my guitar..
    • Piano Motifs AUv3 - great melodies + progressions.. (good options for non-piano playing players)
    • Drambo 2.0 (Sequencer) - Song arranger/Clip launcher! Dead easy to use..
  • I haven’t bought a whole lot of midi apps this year (yet lol) but I use Piano Motifs the most.

• Scaler 2, I guess.

I don’t use it much but it DOES always end up impressing me when I do.

Otherwise, I’m pretty set in my ways on the MIDI apps I use and it’ll take something amazing to move me off what works.

• no question this would be Mozaic given the open ended, swiss army nature of the app

• Drambo
    Sorry, @Gavinski . Drambo new update is that good. I’m starting to sound like Gravitas, but he’s right. Drambo is starting to become what I need for a lot of iOS stuff.

• @tsferro said:
    no question this would be Mozaic given the open ended, swiss army nature of the app

Not a 2022 release though!

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Drambo
    Sorry, @Gavinski . Drambo new update is that good. I’m starting to sound like Gravitas, but he’s right. Drambo is starting to become what I need for a lot of iOS stuff.

I think Drambo 2.0 is a fair choice as that is a major, major update, and of course it fits into various categories, no worries 😝

• @Gavinski said:

@tsferro said:
    no question this would be Mozaic given the open ended, swiss army nature of the app

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Drambo

I think Drambo 2.0 is a fair choice as that is a major, major update, and of course it fits into various categories, no worries 😝

And if all goes well we may even see an update before the year ends :sunglasses:
    But if the rules are the apps 'initial release year' then nope, it won't qualify...

• Drambo 2.0 for sure

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

@tsferro said:

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Drambo

And if all goes well we may even see an update before the year ends :sunglasses:
    But if the rules are the apps 'initial release year' then nope, it won't qualify...

That’s actually a fair point.

@giku_beepstreet , please delay the update to next year if there’s one coming. Actually, make your major updates a yearly thing.

This way, Drambo remains relevant on our lists. Because I’ll be honest…I see myself using Drambo a lot for the next few years. I mean, I started with GarageBand and I’m 5 years strong.

• Drambo

In 2020 this would have been a very boring thread lol

• Polybud has become my go to sequencer in 2022. The ui is very pedestrian but its a very versatile and easy to use app. Lots of fun for semi generative stuff and the CC sequencer is good for controlling other apps in AUM.

• Haven’t bought many MIDI apps this year, Senode may be the one for the desert island, but I’ve not had much chance to play with it yet. I’ve bought New Path in the current sales storm, not really got off the starting blocks with it yet.

• @royor said:
    These get used equally as much so I had to include ALL of them.. 😁

• Scaler 2 without a doubt.. exploring progressions + voicings that I simply wouldn’t come up with unless I was maybe playing my guitar..
    • Piano Motifs AUv3 - great melodies + progressions.. (good options for non-piano playing players)
    • Drambo 2.0 (Sequencer) - Song arranger/Clip launcher! Dead easy to use..

Perfect.

• LK is my most used one, but it wasn't released in 2022, so I'd go with Mela 3 MIDI