Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your 2022 Desert Island Synth is....?

If you could only keep one of the synths you bought that was released in 2022, which would it be and why? 🤔

Comments

• edited December 2022

Bought and released in 2022?
    Well... that makes it hard, since i'll have to exclude this gem:

:lol: Jokes aside, lemme check on synthyfrog and my account what was released this year
    (oh... would it be interesting to put it as a poll with options to add if something is missing?)

• Looking at my 2022 acquisitions, I have to say Bleass Monolit, actually. I got a few others that I really like including Nambu and Omega, but Monolit is becoming a go-to monosynth for me.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Bought and released in 2022?
    Well... that makes it hard, since i'll have to exclude this gem:

:lol: Jokes aside, lemme check on synthyfrog and my account what was released this year
    (oh... would it be interesting to put it as a poll with options to add if something is missing?)

Hmm, I don't think you can add things to polls after they have been created, or can you?

• I didn't buy much synth-wise this year (at least not releases), so I would stick with Bleass Monolit for the punch this little one packs, and yet, it is free. (So if I should add a purchasable one, there's Bleass Omega for the same reasons). Honorable mention: Formant addon for Drambo.

• edited December 2022

@Gavinski said:
    If you could only keep one of the synths you bought that was released in 2022, which would it be and why? 🤔

well if it comes to just a 2022 made synth for iphone i would say

TB Flowtones
    because it sounds great and its
    great on cpu usage and i can do a lot with it because its very versatile for creating sounds in my opinion

i would also take Trooper
    because sounds great too
    but its bad on cpu usage and not so versatile
    which is why i rather take and pick flowtones

edit :
    my mistake i was wrong flowtones came out last year so i guess i’ll take Trooper with me to the Desert island. so i also guess i will need to audio render all trooper tracks in a daw to be able makes a complete beat using just Trooper because thats the only option available for using trooper without killing my CPU

• I didn't technically purchase it since it was free, but Monolit. When I was producing Ambient this past summer, that and Zeeon were my constant go-to synths. (Of course Zeeon wasn't released this year, so it unfortunately doesn't qualify this challenge.)

• @Gavinski said:
    Hmm, I don't think you can add things to polls after they have been created, or can you?

uhhm... It used to be possible. But I just checked and it seems the system changed. Not sure now

• Steel Guitar Pro.

I think that still qualifies as a "synth" of sorts.

• +1 for steel guitar pro. Picked it up in the sales, love it, tried the new nambrini wah on it, as well as tonebridge.
    Nice to have an alternative to Garageband walled garden guitars for a non guitarist like me.

• @Gavinski said:

A place where I can only keep 1 synth is not an island, but hell.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

Haha, when I saw the latest comment was from you, I was curious to see what you would pick as I think you probably buy everything? 😂 You'll be needing a new studio soon for all the hardware too 😝

• @Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

Haha, when I saw the latest comment was from you, I was curious to see what you would pick as I think you probably buy everything? 😂 You'll be needing a new studio soon for all the hardware too 😝

Monolit was really nice in 2022. If Pianoteq 8 is released this year, I know "in the dark" that it will be my pick. And don't forget dec 5th.

• Trooper

By a country mile

• Does Branches v.20 count? If so, that's my choice! Until next week maybe...

• Animoog Z for sure!

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    Trooper

By a country mile

That was my second pick.

• Easy, IceGear Nambu...

• I do like both Nambu and Thermo a lot, but I think Tera Pro has to rank higher for a true desert island experience, just so many possibilities within its clever modular structure… plus it works on me Mac too 🙌

• Any one of these would qualify for me...
    ...they all have their own speciality.
    (In order of Purchase/Download, I've intentionally left out a few 'lemons' that I thought. I'd be using but ended up not doing).

Mela 3
    Tera Pro
    KQ Sampei
    Nambu
    Trooper

But the year ain't over yet...

• Omega for the fun factor, Trooper for bread & butter use.

• Nambu. No question.

• If the preview is any indication, it’s probably going to be Copperhead.

• Actually, Synthyfrog doesn't seem very reliable - the most recent release it is showing when ranked by most recent release is Vatanator Pro. I used to use Disccord to find apps by release date, that's no longer an option, sadly. Any reliable sources?

• Turns out, I’ve not being buying synths very often at all.

So, VHS Synth it is.

• With Tera Pro, Nambu and coming Buttersynth I barely need to touch my hardware or desktop synths. Top quality!

• Appsliced also doesn't look reliable - bass mint is here after loopmix, which is correct, but the other US apps should surely be alongside it

https://appsliced.co/apps/newest?l=nav&cat[]=6011

• @Gavinski said:

Reading and clicking the title I was asking myself if the synth had to have been released in 2022. Then I got the answer reading the above, less than a second later. If all my questions were answered that fast I'd be the king of the world.

I want to say Krill, because I really like that one, but since it's specifically ”desert island” I'm not sure — that calls for a more complex synth since it'll be all you got, and you want something deep to explore. Probably would have picked Tera Pro, but I didn't get it… because I already have the old Tera. And I didn't get Nambu either, but I did get Trooper. But screw this, I'm going with Krill.

• RRS Ivoks. It's simple, but it sounds great.

• Samplewiz 2 loaded w Coop tha Truth and Frank Dukes one shots