Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Questions about Midi cc

I just bought a Launch Control XL and I can customize each knobs. My goal is to use 3 templates to have 108 controls (36 knobs+faders * 3templates =108) ton control my session in AUM.

Can I just put CC 1 to 108 without problem?

I heard stories in the past that some cc are not dectected by somes synth. Not sure if this is 27 or 47 or an others cc.

Also, is there a way to have light feedback on the Record Arm button? A way that it light in RED when the recording is ON and no light when the recording is OFF.

Thanks!

Comments

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I just bought a Launch Control XL and I can customize each knobs. My goal is to use 3 templates to have 108 controls (36 knobs+faders * 3templates =108) ton control my session in AUM.

Can I just put CC 1 to 108 without problem?

I heard stories in the past that some cc are not dectected by somes synth. Not sure if this is 27 or 47 or an others cc.

Also, is there a way to have light feedback on the Record Arm button? A way that it light in RED when the recording is ON and no light when the recording is OFF.

Thanks!

It depends on the synth. Some synths have MIDI Learn, some have hard-coded CCs and some don’t implement MIDI CC control at all but have AU parameters that you can control with MIDI by using AUM’s MIDI Control system.

• Many synth apps recognize the following CCs by default:
    1 - Mod Wheel
    7 - Volume
    64 - Sustain

It would be wise to avoid those. There are lots of other "standard" CCs (see this list), but their implementations vary widely.

Feedback to the controller can be tricky. You may be able to script it using Mozaic or StreamByter, but you might not choose to enter that wormhole. Generally, it is difficult to know the state of app controls, so you need to use a control on the controller to both control the app and trigger the feedback.