Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Update Version 1.0.30

App "Loopy Pro: Looper DAW Sampler"

Developer: A Tasty Pixel
URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/loopy-pro-looper-daw-sampler/id1492670451

Minimum OS Version: 12.0
Universal: Yes
Price: Free

DESCRIPTION:

Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.

You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.

You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.

There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad, the APC40 mk2 and the MIDI Fighter Twister, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.

You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.

The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.

And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.

There's also a great deal still to come.

So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.

Have fun!

  • Michael
    loopypro.com

Join other Loopy Pro users on Discord, Facebook or the forums - loopypro.com/communities

Loopy Pro's Pricing Structure:

Loopy Pro has a pricing structure that mimics the classic desktop software model, in order to enable continued development:

• A 7-Day Free Trial, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
• A one-off In-App Purchase to buy the app: to keep, forever.
– This gets you permanent access to all current features, and all those added in the following 12 months.
– It also gets you bug and compatibility fixes for the lifetime of the app.
• A completely optional "Upgrade" In-App Purchase, available any time from 12 months after initial purchase, to buy the latest features and all those released in the following 12 months, to keep forever. Upgrade once, or every year, or just when there's a new feature you want, or never upgrade after the initial purchase – it's completely up to you. And you keep what you buy, forever.
• This will allow Loopy Pro to continue evolving for years to come, while letting me support my family.

RELEASE NOTES: Version 1.0.30

See what's coming next in Loopy Pro, help guide development and follow specific features at LP's roadmap: roadmap.loopypro.com

  • Fixed issue with quantisation sliders below 1 bar
  • Allow running timeline when synced to a stopped MIDI clock source
  • Fixed a couple of recording issues
  • Improved waveform display for drone loops
  • Fixed slider/dial widget values when partial controller range applied

Comments

  • I’m on the beta latest beta..
    Is anyone having their iPad get super hot, even when I have all my tracks muted and it says there is only 3% being used of the Cpu? I mean really hot.
    I’m on iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 15.6

    No other daw is making it this hot even with cpu usage in the 40 and 60%.
    Thanks

  • @cuezaireekaa said:
    I’m on the beta latest beta..
    Is anyone having their iPad get super hot, even when I have all my tracks muted and it says there is only 3% being used of the Cpu? I mean really hot.
    I’m on iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 15.6

    No other daw is making it this hot even with cpu usage in the 40 and 60%.
    Thanks

    Have you tried shutting the iPad down and restarting it? There could be some kind of ghost process running. It happens sometimes.

  • @wim said:

    @cuezaireekaa said:
    I’m on the beta latest beta..
    Is anyone having their iPad get super hot, even when I have all my tracks muted and it says there is only 3% being used of the Cpu? I mean really hot.
    I’m on iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 15.6

    No other daw is making it this hot even with cpu usage in the 40 and 60%.
    Thanks

    Have you tried shutting the iPad down and restarting it? There could be some kind of ghost process running. It happens sometimes.

    Just tried that, and started loopy back up, and the heat just ramps up for me. Gonna try with a different project starting from scratch but opened other saved projects, and the intense heat is there.
    Will report back

  • @cuezaireekaa said:

    @wim said:

    @cuezaireekaa said:
    I’m on the beta latest beta..
    Is anyone having their iPad get super hot, even when I have all my tracks muted and it says there is only 3% being used of the Cpu? I mean really hot.
    I’m on iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 15.6

    No other daw is making it this hot even with cpu usage in the 40 and 60%.
    Thanks

    Have you tried shutting the iPad down and restarting it? There could be some kind of ghost process running. It happens sometimes.

    Just tried that, and started loopy back up, and the heat just ramps up for me. Gonna try with a different project starting from scratch but opened other saved projects, and the intense heat is there.
    Will report back

    What happens with a plain new default project?

  • @espiegel123 said:

    What happens with a plain new default project?

    I’ve been running it on a default project now for about an hour and it’s warmer than when runningaum with the same apps, but not as crazy hot as it was before.

    I also notice when I swiped away recordings in the rings or just deleted them in my older project, it would crash when I deleted the last recording. I made a bug report to Michael.

    Could’ve just been some beta problems. I sure hope all my older projects don’t act this way, but I understand beta testing is like this sometimes. Will test further with older projects but for now a new project isn’t as hot. Thanks guys

  • @cuezaireekaa said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    What happens with a plain new default project?

    I’ve been running it on a default project now for about an hour and it’s warmer than when runningaum with the same apps, but not as crazy hot as it was before.

    I also notice when I swiped away recordings in the rings or just deleted them in my older project, it would crash when I deleted the last recording. I made a bug report to Michael.

    Could’ve just been some beta problems. I sure hope all my older projects don’t act this way, but I understand beta testing is like this sometimes. Will test further with older projects but for now a new project isn’t as hot. Thanks guys

    If this is with a beta version, you should probably discuss it over on the Slack channel…no one there has mentioned issues like that, fwiw.

  • Still no tempo locked to pitch mode (“ableton repitch”)? How more we have to play single bpm sets… it should be way eaisier than time stretching

  • @loreamon said:
    Still no tempo locked to pitch mode (“ableton repitch”)? How more we have to play single bpm sets… it should be way eaisier than time stretching

    I’m still waiting for some of the basic looping functions, like reverse.

  • so can I nudge the start point of a loop to line up right at the downbeat. on original loopy, a person could twist the loop circle to adjust the loop start points.
    is that possible in loopy pro? i feel like it is, but I forget how to do that

  • @eross said:
    so can I nudge the start point of a loop to line up right at the downbeat. on original loopy, a person could twist the loop circle to adjust the loop start points.
    is that possible in loopy pro? i feel like it is, but I forget how to do that

    You should probably post in the latest update topic, why it is pinned above 🤗

  • @eross said:
    so can I nudge the start point of a loop to line up right at the downbeat. on original loopy, a person could twist the loop circle to adjust the loop start points.
    is that possible in loopy pro? i feel like it is, but I forget how to do that

    You can twist the loop circles to shift them in Loopy Pro as you could in original Loopy. You can also move the start and stop points indedendently in a clip's properties window (either by flicking up on the donut to display the popup for by going into edit mode and tapping on a clip).

  • Sorry of this isn't the right loopy thread... I'm still playing with the 1 week demo while I make up my mind.
    Does anyone know if the upcoming midi update have midi out to external gear?

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @eross said:
    so can I nudge the start point of a loop to line up right at the downbeat. on original loopy, a person could twist the loop circle to adjust the loop start points.
    is that possible in loopy pro? i feel like it is, but I forget how to do that

    You can twist the loop circles to shift them in Loopy Pro as you could in original Loopy. You can also move the start and stop points indedendently in a clip's properties window (either by flicking up on the donut to display the popup for by going into edit mode and tapping on a clip).

    cool, do you have to long press a circle or something else to be able to twist the loop?

  • @eross said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @eross said:
    so can I nudge the start point of a loop to line up right at the downbeat. on original loopy, a person could twist the loop circle to adjust the loop start points.
    is that possible in loopy pro? i feel like it is, but I forget how to do that

    You can twist the loop circles to shift them in Loopy Pro as you could in original Loopy. You can also move the start and stop points indedendently in a clip's properties window (either by flicking up on the donut to display the popup for by going into edit mode and tapping on a clip).

    cool, do you have to long press a circle or something else to be able to twist the loop?

    Twist with two fingers as you did in original loopy.

  • @eross said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @eross said:
    so can I nudge the start point of a loop to line up right at the downbeat. on original loopy, a person could twist the loop circle to adjust the loop start points.
    is that possible in loopy pro? i feel like it is, but I forget how to do that

    You can twist the loop circles to shift them in Loopy Pro as you could in original Loopy. You can also move the start and stop points indedendently in a clip's properties window (either by flicking up on the donut to display the popup for by going into edit mode and tapping on a clip).

    cool, do you have to long press a circle or something else to be able to twist the loop?

    never mind. i just figured it out. thanks guys

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @eross said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @eross said:
    so can I nudge the start point of a loop to line up right at the downbeat. on original loopy, a person could twist the loop circle to adjust the loop start points.
    is that possible in loopy pro? i feel like it is, but I forget how to do that

    You can twist the loop circles to shift them in Loopy Pro as you could in original Loopy. You can also move the start and stop points indedendently in a clip's properties window (either by flicking up on the donut to display the popup for by going into edit mode and tapping on a clip).

    cool, do you have to long press a circle or something else to be able to twist the loop?

    Twist with two fingers as you did in original loopy.

    thanks

  • wimwim
    edited January 17

    @FPC said:
    Sorry of this isn't the right loopy thread... I'm still playing with the 1 week demo while I make up my mind.
    Does anyone know if the upcoming midi update have midi out to external gear?

    I think it's totally safe to assume that if it has midi, it'll have midi out. If it has midi out then it will be able to go to external gear.

    Loopy pro already has midi out. It just doesn't have the ability to record midi loops natively. MIDI Plugins used in Loopy Pro can be routed out of the app, MIDI sent from its custom control widgets can be routed out of the app. It would be unthinkable that its own MIDI clips wouldn't be able to be routed out of the app.

  • @wim said:

    @FPC said:
    Sorry of this isn't the right loopy thread... I'm still playing with the 1 week demo while I make up my mind.
    Does anyone know if the upcoming midi update have midi out to external gear?

    I think it's totally safe to assume that if it has midi, it'll have midi out. If it has midi out then it will be able to go to external gear.

    Loopy pro already has midi out. It just doesn't have the ability to record midi loops natively. MIDI Plugins used in Loopy Pro can be routed out of the app, MIDI sent from its custom control widgets can be routed out of the app. It would be unthinkable that its own MIDI clips wouldn't be able to be routed out of the app.

    Thank you.

    I think I'm going to buy it regardless, insanely powerful app.

  • This is the only active LP thread I could locate, so….

    Can the button grid be midi-controlled? As in, sequencing the pads with, say, Atom?

  • @zilld2017 said:
    This is the only active LP thread I could locate, so….

    Can the button grid be midi-controlled? As in, sequencing the pads with, say, Atom?

    Yes. You can midi learn the button grid pads.

    You can add new threads/topics in the Loopy Pro category to ask questions.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @zilld2017 said:
    This is the only active LP thread I could locate, so….

    Can the button grid be midi-controlled? As in, sequencing the pads with, say, Atom?

    Yes. You can midi learn the button grid pads.

    You can add new threads/topics in the Loopy Pro category to ask questions.

    Thank you.

  • I’m wondering how midi notes are going to look on a circled donut… Michael will surely come up with an ingenious solution.

Sign In or Register to comment.