Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 23 - launched!

2»

Comments

• @impete said:

@god said:

@impete said:
    Almost done folks - we're just about there for the production build.

At some point, we'll explain the unexpected delay!

Best wishes, Pete

I’m hoping you don’t overly stress yourselves to get this out ASAP, and instead enjoy the holidays with your loved ones! ❤️

With that said.. I do wish to see W23 out ASAP 😂

I worked through Christmas Day :smile:

Pete

Supposedly a woman laboured on that day too, but still, thanks <3

• edited December 2022

@knewspeak said:

@god said:

Tim and I actually had to work through the entire Christmas week; but at least we both had a half-day off on the 26th :smile: ... and are now spending the rest of the year back on documentation.

It all came down to circumstances beyond our control - but we've got there in the end!

All's well that ends well.

Pete

• @impete said:
    Good news - Wotja 23 has now passed review for all our store fronts.

Wotja 23 will "Go Live" on 1st January 2023!

We'll explain what happened in a blog post in a few days!

Best wishes to all,

Pete

Oh wow, fantastic news!

This means preorders will not be available, correct?

• @god said:

@impete said:

Best wishes to all,

Pete

Oh wow, fantastic news!

Yeah. Sorry about that! We'll still have special early-bird pricing however.

All will become clear in (checks calendar...) just over 3 days!

Pete

• Or sooner, depending on when Tim writes that Blog post!

• @impete said:

@god said:

@impete said:

Best wishes to all,

Pete

Oh wow, fantastic news!

Yeah. Sorry about that! We'll still have special early-bird pricing however.

All will become clear in (checks calendar...) just over 3 days!

Pete

Alright straight to the action!
    Thanks 🙏

• @impete said:

@knewspeak said:

@god said:

Tim and I actually had to work through the entire Christmas week; but at least we both had a half-day off on the 26th :smile: ... and are now spending the rest of the year back on documentation.

It all came down to circumstances beyond our control - but we've got there in the end!

All's well that ends well.

Pete

I know you’re not going to get a rest anytime soon, but I hope bug fixing is not too excessive.

• @knewspeak said:
    I know you’re not going to get a rest anytime soon, but I hope bug fixing is not too excessive.

Wotja 23 looks to be very solid, which is great news for us of course. I think we're going to find 2023 much easier in that regard!

Wotja 22 was a particularly tough technical challenge, as we added support for AUv3 and VST3 hosting. But it was so worth all the effort (and we're really grateful for all the support we had in getting it stable earlier in the year).

Best wishes, Pete

• A fun fact is that we've been working on the new features for Wotja 23 for at least 6 months now.

With Wotja 24, we're going to have an even longer run-up.

I hope we can keep on making each annual Wotja release as feature-packed and interesting as possible!

Pete

• Oh - if you've not yet seen the "What's New?" list for Wotja 23, here it is!

https://wotja.com/guide/#whatsnew

As always, it's a labour of love!

Pete

• @impete how well do you think W23 will run on my old iPhone 8 Plus? Gonna buy W23 anyway, but just curious 🤨

• @god said:
    @impete how well do you think W23 will run on my old iPhone 8 Plus? Gonna buy W23 anyway, but just curious 🤨

I think it is fine! I've got an iPhone 12, but @imtim is still using his trusty iPhone 8! He's planning on getting an iPhone 15 next year however :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• So looking forward to this @impete

Always a highlight to see new editions at the start of the year. All the best in 2023.

• @ik2000 said:
    So looking forward to this @impete

Always a highlight to see new editions at the start of the year. All the best in 2023.

Thank you very much! :)

Pete

• love wotja, looking forward to the update

• edited December 2022

Here’s a taste of what’s in store.

This is the new sample player doing some of its things

It’s using a single sample of John Cage reading from his journal. The sample is about 20 seconds total.

There are several instances of the sample player working here. They loop but they aren’t synchronised so we’re jumping in and out of the sample at random. I’ll explain this in more detail in a later video.

The melodic elements are also using some of the new filter models introduced in v 23

V 23 is taking the sonic world of Wotja to places it’s never been possible to go before.

It’s been an absolute blast working on this. Can’t wait to hear what happens next.

If you are as bewitched by the cadence of Cage’s voice as I am, dive in here

https://ubu.com/sound/cage_diary.html

• edited December 2022

I’ve just published 3 new videos that walk through some of the new features in Wotja 23

Hope they help a bit!

Should say, it’s better to watch then on YouTube because you can jump around the sections there

• Hey @impete I vaguely remember I had problems migrating some of the stuff I'd created in Wotja 21 over to Wotja 22, but can't remember the exact details.

If you're working on docs over the next few days, do you think you could cover migration from 22 to 23?

Thanks in advance mate - I look forward every year to see what new stuff you guys have come up with, and 23 looks pretty interesting

• edited December 2022

@monch1962 said:
    Hey @impete I vaguely remember I had problems migrating some of the stuff I'd created in Wotja 21 over to Wotja 22, but can't remember the exact details.

If you're working on docs over the next few days, do you think you could cover migration from 22 to 23?

Thanks in advance mate - I look forward every year to see what new stuff you guys have come up with, and 23 looks pretty interesting

Hi!

I don't think you'll see any problems, though as we note here:
    https://wotja.com/guide/#whatsnew

"IMPORTANT: Wotja 23 saves files to a new format that cannot be opened in Wotja 22. This is because of support required for its new features. Do not save any earlier Wotja files in Wotja 23 unless you intend to move to Wotja 23 or you back them up first!"

I hope you like Wotja 23 :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• godgod
    edited January 2023

Never mind. Please delete this message.

• It’s live!!

• edited January 2023

It is :smile:

@imtim will hopefully explain the transition from two app versions - "Free" and "Pro" - to just one version called Wotja 23.

He won't be able to do that, however, until we find out from Apple why they wouldn't approved our planned Wotja 23 Pro for iOS (they'd actually approved the macOS version!).

I can but speculate that Apple just didn't want us to have 2 different "flavours" of Wotja in the app store for iOS. Which is a shame, as our customers / fans understood why we did this.

Anyhow, the "Pro" one-off unlock IAP for Wotja 23 is "functionally" equivalent to the Wotja Pro app, and means nobody needs to use Subscriptions if they don't want to.

So hopefully we can all get our head around just having one version of Wotja 23, and get on with enjoying it :smile:

Best wishes to all, Pete

• NB if you've not yet seen them, do please watch Mark Harrop's amazing demo/tutorial videos earlier in this thread!

Pete

• @impete said:
    It is :smile:

@imtim will hopefully explain the transition from two app versions - "Free" and "Pro" - to just one version called Wotja 23.

He won't be able to do that, however, until we find out from Apple why they wouldn't approved our planned Wotja 23 Pro for iOS (they'd actually approved the macOS version!).

I can but speculate that Apple just didn't want us to have 2 different "flavours" of Wotja in the app store for iOS. Which is a shame, as our customers / fans understood why we did this.

Anyhow, the "Pro" one-off unlock IAP for Wotja 23 is "functionally" equivalent to the Wotja Pro app, and means nobody needs to use Subscriptions if they don't want to.

So hopefully we can all get our head around just having one version of Wotja 23, and get on with enjoying it :smile:

Best wishes to all, Pete

Is the €41,99 Pro unlock the 'early bird' price???

• @Pierre118 said:
    Is the €41,99 Pro unlock the 'early bird' price???

Hi Pierre, yes, this is down to how Apple set their pricing for Euros from our USD base price - something we have no control over.

I've just double-checked with @imtim , and we have set the Early Bird price at $34.99 USD (which is approx 30% off the regular price of $49.99 USD) and that is set by Apple in Euros as 41,99 € (which is compared to regular price of 59,99 €).

Best wishes, Pete