Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Pro M2 2022 8GB or 16GB ram

edited November 2022 in Hardware

I am thinking of replacing my old 12.9 inch 2nd generation iPad Pro with a new 12.9 inch 2022 M2 iPad Pro but not sure whether to buy the 512GB model or the 1TB. I see that the 1TB model has 16GB ram and the 512GB only has 8GB ram. Is there a performance difference with 16GB compared to 8GB when using music production apps and plugins?

Comments

• If Macs are anything to go by, yes. Sorry, no experience with M1 or M2 iPads..

• I remember reading that no apps support 16gb ram on the iPad Pro as of yet. I don’t really want to pay £400 more for 16gb if it’s going to useless as no apps support it yet.

• I would say you will be fine with 8GB for iPad stuff.

• @nerVe said:
    I would say you will be fine with 8GB for iPad stuff.

If so, then last Air wth 256 is Okay. It is all right for me.

• As of iPadOS 16, M series iPads will also have true SWAP. Not as fast as RAM, but your bottleneck will most likely be DSP rather than memory. If I knew back when I bought my M1 11” that they’d release an air the following year, I would have waited. You may want more storage for other reasons though.

• I just got a new TB 11” Pro, and this thing is blazing, even compared to a 2020 Pro. Feels so great to have that compact size back.

• All of the expert opinions I’ve read (including @Michael, if I recall correctly) have thought 8 ram is sufficient for music on iOS.

• Never felt a need for more than 8GB RAM. I would like to have 512GB rather than 256GB though.