Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Still looking for an Arpeggiator

Is the Ableton Arp something special? I wish there was an arp like this on iOS. I always crash to a wall if I will use any arp on iOS I have. Also that it’s nearly impossible to map a external lfo to one.

Comments

• Don’t know Ableton Arp but StepPolyArp is pretty solid on iOS for me. I use it a lot inside NS2. Been using drambo arp module lately too.

• I think most people regard step poly arp as the most fully featured arp. You will definitely want to read the manual and /or watch a walkthrough, but it is very powerful and extremely well thought-out. It also has some parameters exposed that you could map to an lfo.

• +1 for StepPolyArp … it’s powerful and flexible and there isn’t anything quite on the same level.

• Ableton arp cover basics, there's a lot of of similar stuff on iOS.
    If you need one arp to rule them all, try StepPolyArp. It's the best thing you can find both on iOS and PC/Mac

• edited November 2022

Looking at the Ableton arp reference (link), I wonder why not more arps have the Converge, Diverge, Con & Diverge patterns? It's always the same up down stuff.

The rest is perhaps doable to cobble together in Drambo using its arp and cv quantizer? Would be nice to have the velocity decay with its target, and the scale transposition with the steps counter.

• I was looking for something else, but came across this, might be something? https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/arpeggionome-pro-matrix-arpeggiator/id582627943

• @Slush said:
    I was looking for something else, but came across this, might be something? https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/arpeggionome-pro-matrix-arpeggiator/id582627943

This is indeed very cool but not AUv3. Don’t overlook the capabilities of the midi module in Mela 3, which has an arp module that can be combined to create very interesting results with the other modules in there:

I’m sure Mozaic also has a lot of arp patches but I’ve only grazed maybe 5% of what’s on offer on the mozaic patchstorage site:

https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/

• @lazyass said:
    Ableton arp cover basics, there's a lot of of similar stuff on iOS.
    If you need one arp to rule them all, try StepPolyArp. It's the best thing you can find both on iOS and PC/Mac

You can chain the Ableton arp in interesting ways - it is a bit basic on its own, but combined with other MIDI effects some very creative setups can be achieved.

• @Gavinski said:
    I think most people regard step poly arp as the most fully featured arp. You will definitely want to read the manual and /or watch a walkthrough, but it is very powerful and extremely well thought-out. It also has some parameters exposed that you could map to an lfo.

It’s super deep, so many features and possibilities with this one. I’ve had it for along time and I’ve still never taken a full on deep dive. Definitely one of the most feature packed Au arp apps available. I guess there’s 2 sides to that coin, but it sure does a lot.

• In no particular order I mostly use arpbud 2, StepPolyArp, Rozeta Arp, ionarics, many different Mozaic scripts, velocity echo, chordion (in Arp mode) cykle (Arp mode), Zoa, and a few others…

• 5:52 into the video

We await..

• @Poppadocrock said:
    In no particular order I mostly use arpbud 2, StepPolyArp, Rozeta Arp, ionarics, many different Mozaic scripts, velocity echo, chordion (in Arp mode) cykle (Arp mode), Zoa, and a few others…

I do really like Ioniarics for weird arps too, the hold and toggle modes are useful, also the various randomization features etc