Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) - Ukulele Version (Updated with Nembrini Wah)

edited December 2022 in Creations

Jimi Hendrix would have been 80 today. Here's a ukulele version of Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) to celebrate his life & music. Happy Birthday Jimi!

Koaloha Concert Ukulele (standard tuning) -> Tascam iM2 -> Nembrini MRH810 -> Nembrini Delay3000 -> DDMF MagicDeathEyeStereo -> DDMF Envelope -> ToneBoosters Barricade

Updated with the Nembrini Wah, Nembrini MRH159 Brown Sound, DDMF Magicverb.

Comments

• Fun interpretation of a Hendrix classic. Would be even better if you could hook up the Uke to a Wah pedal :)

• Great. Like the Django sound, too.

• Excellent LoFi version, Paul ! A bit disappointed you didn't immolate the uke at the end ! 😄

• This is great! Very different and unusual idea, and it works. Jimi is probably looking down and grinning from ear to ear.

• This is a very original ukulele version of this iconic song, and I am digging this recording.
    Your ukulele playing is fantastic, and very impressive.
    Very inspiring, indeed!
    Rene

• As a fellow ukulele player, who also likes to play “unusual ukulele song choices”, I applaud you! Love the jazzy phrasing too. Well played! :smile:

• @richardyot said:
    Fun interpretation of a Hendrix classic. Would be even better if you could hook up the Uke to a Wah pedal :)

Thanks @richardyot. Yes. I really wanted to use my Cry Baby, but sadly I couldn’t figure out a way to connect it :'(.

@LinearLineman said:
    Great. Like the Django sound, too.

I thought it sounded more like a koto. Thanks for listening.

@JanKun said:
    Excellent LoFi version, Paul ! A bit disappointed you didn't immolate the uke at the end ! 😄

😂 Don’t think it would burn for very long.

@Paulieworld said:
    This is great! Very different and unusual idea, and it works. Jimi is probably looking down and grinning from ear to ear.

Thanks so much @Paulieworld. The idea to dig out the Uke was inspired by a recent post by @Bootsy. I spent a week jamming this and working out how to play guitar riffs on the Uke - the tuning is different and it has a higher pitched low string (gCEA) which you can pedal using your thumb (that’s my favorite part around 3:00). I also managed to squeeze in some two-handed tapping à la Van Halen - I hope Eddie’s looking down and grinning too.

@ReneAsologuitar said:
    This is a very original ukulele version of this iconic song, and I am digging this recording.
    Your ukulele playing is fantastic, and very impressive.
    Very inspiring, indeed!
    Rene

Thanks for the kind words @ReneAsologuitar - I look forward to hearing some ukulele from you soon.

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    As a fellow ukulele player, who also likes to play “unusual ukulele song choices”, I applaud you! Love the jazzy phrasing too. Well played! :smile:

Thanks for listening @AlterEgo_UK. I was building my own chords on the Uke and came up with an interesting shape for the Hendrix chord (C7#9):
    A|—6– (D#)
    E|—0–
    C|—0–
    g|—3– (Bb)

• I listened all the way through. Nice chops!

• excellent playing; I think Jimi would approve.

• Man, I love this! ❤️❤️❤️🤟🤟🤟🤟 That’s some playing!. I seriously didn’t know you make an ukelele scream like that.

• Glad you made it all the way through @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr - 4 minutes of ukulele widdling is quite enough!

Thanks for the kind comments @Stochastically @tahiche - much appreciated. I just missed Nembrini's latest freebie, could have made it scream more!

• Very well done! Love it.

• Thanks for listening @Dav.

• Updated adding the Nembrini Wah. Also, changed the amp sim to the Nembrini MRH159 Brown Sound, and the reverb to DDMF Magicverb.

• Oh hell yeah!

Nice job, @pbelgium!!!

• That wah app is really great. It’s become my favorite iOS filter.

• Thanks @SNystrom, much appreciated.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    That wah app is really great. It’s become my favorite iOS filter.

Thanks for listening (again). This wah sounds as good as, if not better than my real wah pedal. The guys at Nembrini are very generous, they could easily charge for this app (and their Clon & Rat).

• As well as Jimi and EVH smiling down I’m sure George Formby would have cracked a smile… brilliant stuff🙏

• Now this track sounds even better - love the panning too!
    Did you use an expression pedal to control the Nembrini Wah ?

• The stars lined up perfectly for your new version and the wha appearing when it did!

• As well as Jimi and EVH smiling down I’m sure George Formby would have cracked a smile… brilliant stuff🙏

Thanks for listening @GeoTony - it turned out nice again!

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Now this track sounds even better - love the panning too!
    Did you use an expression pedal to control the Nembrini Wah ?

I did the way after using my finger on iPhone. I'll investigate your auto-wah idea at some point - very cool, but I don’t have rozeta, yet.

@Stochastically said:
    The stars lined up perfectly for your new version and the wha appearing when it did!

Thanks for listening again.