Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday Shopping, Done! šŸ˜‚

I paused my GAS strike for a few deals:
1. Arturia V9
2. Arturia Pigments
3. SWAM Flute
Okay everyone, what did you buy? Anyone buy gear?

Ā«13

Comments

• @Stuntman_mike great stuff. You will love it.

I bought

• AudioThing Alborosie Dub Station
    • AudioThing Things Bundle
    • Bleass Omega Synth Bundle with sound packs
    • Bitwig Upgrade Plan
  • I got reaktor (finally hallelujah!), audio thing minibit as Iā€™d had a CM version of it that stopped working with the new Mac and it completed my things bundle for free, reamp on the boutique to get the cherry 2600, and strokes as I found out this week itā€™s by a very very local dev and Iā€™ve had my eye on it since it came outā€¦

I also got a good few iOS bargains including but probably not exclusive to a couple of the audio damages, tonaly, vintage rack, sampletron and latterly, Quantum sequencerā€¦ on top of the euro rack expansion (arbhar + intellijel mini palette) this month has been a bit spend spendy spendy, but then I did just get my final creative practice grant payment and winter is comingā€¦

• Let's see, I purchased...

• Rainbow Delay
    • Tonality
    • GF2 Upgrade Bundle

Before Black Friday, I purchased the UA plugins and Jam with Jordan at their intro prices.

I also purchased the three Lofi Hiphop sample packs available from Dharma Worldwide. šŸ˜…

• @krassmann said:
    @Stuntman_mike great stuff. You will love it.

I bought

• AudioThing Alborosie Dub Station
    • AudioThing Things Bundle
    • Bleass Omega Synth Bundle with sound packs
    • Bitwig Upgrade Plan

Ooooh Dub Station, how you liking that?

• @Krupa said:
    I got reaktor (finally hallelujah!), audio thing minibit as Iā€™d had a CM version of it that stopped working with the new Mac and it completed my things bundle for free, reamp on the boutique to get the cherry 2600, and strokes as I found out this week itā€™s by a very very local dev and Iā€™ve had my eye on it since it came outā€¦

I also got a good few iOS bargains including but probably not exclusive to a couple of the audio damages, tonaly, vintage rack, sampletron and latterly, Quantum sequencerā€¦ on top of the euro rack expansion (arbhar + intellijel mini palette) this month has been a bit spend spendy spendy, but then I did just get my final creative practice grant payment and winter is comingā€¦

How do you like Strokes?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Let's see, I purchased...

• Rainbow Delay
    • Tonality
    • GF2 Upgrade Bundle

Before Black Friday, I purchased the UA plugins and Jam with Jordan at their intro prices.

I also purchased the three Lofi Hiphop sample packs available from Dharma Worldwide. šŸ˜…

Iā€™m loving GF2, it now sits at the end of my chain for every track!

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:
    I got reaktor (finally hallelujah!), audio thing minibit as Iā€™d had a CM version of it that stopped working with the new Mac and it completed my things bundle for free, reamp on the boutique to get the cherry 2600, and strokes as I found out this week itā€™s by a very very local dev and Iā€™ve had my eye on it since it came outā€¦

How do you like Strokes?

Really nice, quite comprehensive instant rhythm fun, with a lot of depth. Nice that is cross platform too, and the dev is very nice, lives in the town just down the valley from me too which is always nice to knowā€¦

• @Krupa said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

How do you like Strokes?

Really nice, quite comprehensive instant rhythm fun, with a lot of depth. Nice that is cross platform too, and the dev is very nice, lives in the town just down the valley from me too which is always nice to knowā€¦

Is there anything about Strokes that separates it from Drambo?

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Krupa said:

How do you like Strokes?

Is there anything about Strokes that separates it from Drambo?

I guess itā€™s a setup rather than a toolbox, thereā€™s very likely nothing in it that you couldnā€™t make yourself in drambo (but what is there that you canā€™t really?) but it is nicely put together and well thought out - I think from what heā€™s said in interview that itā€™s part of a continuum of design heā€™s been chipping away at for yearsā€¦

• I bought the following. All desktop this year, last year was all iPad.

Sugar bytes complete bundle
    Arturia pigments
    Softube model 84 juno
    Softube intellijel ufold 2
    Cherry audio 2600

• Arturia Pigments
    • D16 Group Phoscyon 2
    • Sonnox Claro
    • Softube Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer
    • Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099
  • desktop
    -Hainbach Bundle
    -PSP Audioware Ultimate Modular Collection from CherryAudio
    -Miniverse Module Collection from CherryAudio
    iOS
    -Thermo Synth
    -Other Desert Cities
    šŸ˜±šŸ’ø

• GF2
    Trooper
    SAMPLR

• It took me a minute to figure out that GF2 = Grand Finale 2.

You guys got some nice stuff. Congrats!

• I caved in at last minute to get a few.

Completed my Grand Finale bundle, got the BLEASS Megalit (but no paid IAP), WaveTable IAP for Virsyn's Tera Pro as well as Yonac's Steel Guitar Pro and that's about it.

And well, I did get a bunch of new proper microphone cables at various lengths to avoid cable soup on the desk.

Cyber Monday is next so we'll see if there are any new app-drops that may spark my interest..

• edited November 2022

@Samu said:
    I caved in at last minute to get a few.

Completed my Grand Finale bundle, got the BLEASS Megalit (but no paid IAP), WaveTable IAP for Virsyn's Tera Pro as well as Yonac's Steel Guitar Pro and that's about it.

And well, I did get a bunch of new proper microphone cables at various lengths to avoid cable soup on the desk.

Cyber Monday is next so we'll see if there are any new app-drops that may spark my interest..

You are going to love Steel Guitar Pro. It's the pinnacle (for me anyway) of the Steel Guitar saga by Yonac after having used the prior versions on nearly every track I made for years at a time and wanting more control over the way it's played. My only remaining wish is for them to bring it to macOS now (at least as a MIDI editing player module).

• @NeuM said:

You are going to love Steel Guitar Pro. It's the pinnacle (for me anyway) of the Steel Guitar saga by Yonac after having used the prior versions on nearly every track I made for years at a time and wanting more control over the way it's played. My only remaining wish is for them to bring it to macOS now (at least as a MIDI editing player module).

Maybe, one thing I did notice that the sustain on some of the samples (It is sample-based if I recall correctly) is rather short even with all the sustains maxed out and it really would be handy to treat it as a 'regular' guitar with proper chords to boot (I know enough chords to be able to hold a few strings down and strum the screen with the other hand).

Also it doesn't treat midi-input the same way as it does playing on the screen even with sustain pedal down, but for a cup of coffee I really can't complain too much...

GeoShred is still one of the guitar apps I enjoy most for playing on-screen and the engine in it is very deep for tweaking which I really like.

Cheers!

• edited November 2022

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:

Maybe, one thing I did notice that the sustain on some of the samples (It is sample-based if I recall correctly) is rather short even with all the sustains maxed out and it really would be handy to treat it as a 'regular' guitar with proper chords to boot (I know enough chords to be able to hold a few strings down and strum the screen with the other hand).

Also it doesn't treat midi-input the same way as it does playing on the screen even with sustain pedal down, but for a cup of coffee I really can't complain too much...

GeoShred is still one of the guitar apps I enjoy most for playing on-screen and the engine in it is very deep for tweaking which I really like.

Cheers!

Since Steel Guitar is mimicking a slide guitar I understand why they don't have the ability to make chord changes and I've worked around this limitation for a long time by building up tracks with 2, 3, 4 or 5 guitars at times (sometimes more), but it certainly would be nice to have more options to simulate chord variations. It's a real problem for UI design when you have a massive number of potential chord patterns and are limited to a device screen.

And there have been many attempts to solve this chord change issue. In my opinion, something like a "chording" keyboard (sort of like what court stenographers use) on the same screen as individual notes might be the answer, but I've not really ever sat down and attempted to work out an ideal configuration.

• Iā€™ve bought the two Noise Engineering VST bundles, great stuff šŸ‘ Maybe will go for Algonautā€™s Atlas 2 later this week. Nice deals Iā€™ve seen but didnā€™t bought because I already got them:

• Softube Model 84 (the Model 72 and Model 82 are great too)
    • Arturia V and FX Collection
    • Audiothing Hainbach Edition (I have everything but Dials, donā€™t need it and I found ā€œupgradingā€ for the suggested price not interesting enough)
  • Didnā€™t get anything this year as anything that went on sale that I like is something I already own.

• Akai had the expected BF sales so I bought the following for my MPC One - and may also try in DAW plugin mode:

MPC AIR Instrument Collection
    MPC AIR Mini D
    MPC AIR Flavor Pro

Bought these because I never used a master bus compressor, so these looked decent enough as starters:

Newfangled Audio Invigorate
    Tone Empire Goliath v2

Hardware/controllers bought:

Joue Play Pro
    Prophet 5 Desktop

• edited November 2022

Zenbeats + Scaler 2 here.

I would have liked to treat myself to Vital Pro (for my Mac), but unfortunately there was no Black Friday deal (unlike last year). Maybe for xmas?

A Roland TR-6S is also still on my wish list, as a mate for my beloved MC-101. Unfortunately, Black Friday hardware deals are rather unattractive here in Germany.

• Iā€™m STILL toying with the idea of getting a Roland Versalab MV1 since I already have Zenbeats , plus I sing and rap. What stops me from pulling the trigger is once AGAIN the sequencer being locked to a single time signature in the song .. PLUS the many limitations. But hey , with a DAW in tandem I could probably live with it . The price is only $499.00 at Sweetwater and the thought of having a single box with certain things already ā€œgatheredā€ for me is really appealing . No Roland Cloud for me though unless I go to the library , as I donā€™t own an actual desk/laptop. Just an iPad Pro .
    Also am thinking about picking up some Tonebooster IAPā€™s for my Audio Evolution app which I love ā¤ļø!

• @Telstar5 said:
    Iā€™m STILL toying with the idea of getting a Roland Versalab MV1 since I already have Zenbeats , plus I sing and rap. What stops me from pulling the trigger is once AGAIN the sequencer being locked to a single time signature in the song .. PLUS the many limitations. But hey , with a DAW in tandem I could probably live with it . The price is only $499.00 at Sweetwater and the thought of having a single box with certain things already ā€œgatheredā€ for me is really appealing . No Roland Cloud for me though unless I go to the library , as I donā€™t own an actual desk/laptop. Just an iPad Pro .
    Also am thinking about picking up some Tonebooster IAPā€™s for my Audio Evolution app which I love ā¤ļø!

Iā€™d love to hear your opinion about the MV1 if you do get it. Last I checked it had a surprisingly low audio time per project. So low you canā€™t do multiple instruments, multiple vocal layersā€¦ Also surprising is the fact that this limit could not be overridden even when hooked on to Zenbeats on the iPad. Itā€™s a pity because being Roland the onboard sounds are great, but I think it totally misses the mark.

• edited November 2022

I grabbed Pigments for ā‚¬49 which I had sold earlier in the year because I wasn't using desktop, then subsequently acquired a Surface Pro and regretted parting with it.

Couldn't resist the Audiothing sale. Finished up my Hainpack to get Going Speaker and the new one (the name of which I forgot). I'm doing some work with IRs so picked up Fog Convolver 2, too.

On iOS I had dumped a bunch of credit onto my account in advance so grabbed Riffler, Sampletron, the Scaler 2 IAP, FAC Medusa, Fosfat, Bit Maestro, RRS Passive EQs, LFOH! an Shaper 2.

Rounded out with a little samplepack action from Drumdrops (not that I really needed it but I love what they do and at half price I couldn't/didn't remotely try to resist)

@Krupa is he in the amazingly named Mytholmroyd? (Which I always want to mispronounce so that I can accentuate the word "myth")

Edit: I forgot, I also got some hardware in the form of this little setup (the pedal plus tank, resonator and contact mic):

• @PeteSasqwax na, heā€™s over in Todā€™ - and pronunciation round here is deliberately obscure I think, keeps them offcumdens guessing šŸ˜…

• šŸ˜‚ that was my second guess (with Sowerby a long 3rd)

• @Krupa said:
    @PeteSasqwax na, heā€™s over in Todā€™ - and pronunciation round here is deliberately obscure I think, keeps them offcumdens guessing šŸ˜…

Rudeā€¦ thereā€™s an offcumden watching! Moved to Hebden Bridge 2 months ago (albeit only 2 valleys north)

• @MadGav said:

@Krupa said:
    @PeteSasqwax na, heā€™s over in Todā€™ - and pronunciation round here is deliberately obscure I think, keeps them offcumdens guessing šŸ˜…

Rudeā€¦ thereā€™s an offcumden watching! Moved to Hebden Bridge 2 months ago (albeit only 2 valleys north)

Oh nice, that's where I am (7 years now, still offcumden, forever I suspect - I'll get the T Shirt when they do it in black :D )

• @Krupa said:

@MadGav said:

@Krupa said:

Oh nice, that's where I am (7 years now, still offcumden, forever I suspect - I'll get the T Shirt when they do it in black :D )

100 years of family history in the valley before you get to remove that badge? Or is it descent traceable back to Elmet? šŸ˜‚