Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

End of support for the Final Touch (by Positive Grid)

Sadly, this app will no longer be supported. I’m on iOS16 so, it is gone. This is the message on their website.

https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/articles/10608444866701-End-of-Support-for-Final-Touch

Comments

• Anybody on iPadOS 16 having Final Touch installed and can confirm that it does not work anymore?

• @tja said:
    Anybody on iPadOS 16 having Final Touch installed and can confirm that it does not work anymore?

It crashes on my iPad Pro 2022 iOS 16.1.1. It loads 4-5secs and it goes down.

• Their support promised me two years ago that bias fx was gonna get an auv3 update, wonder if that’s ever gonna happen…

• I just asked for a refund when I updated to iOS 16 and it stopped working. And it was refunded in a couple days.

• @zhoe said:

@tja said:
    Anybody on iPadOS 16 having Final Touch installed and can confirm that it does not work anymore?

Many thanks.

That may also mean, that more Apps have problems on iPadOs 16

• @tja said:

@zhoe said:

@tja said:

Many thanks.

That may also mean, that more Apps have problems on iPadOs 16

Yes, specifically those that are no longer updated. My guess is Final Touch was abandoned some time ago.

• @jo92346 said:
    I just asked for a refund when I updated to iOS 16 and it stopped working. And it was refunded in a couple days.

That prompted them to also remove it from the App Store.

• @jo92346 said:
    I just asked for a refund when I updated to iOS 16 and it stopped working. And it was refunded in a couple days.

Did you purchase it recently or some time ago? It would be interesting if Apple are open to issuing refunds for historic purchases which stop working due to their OS update activities.

• I bought it this summer, asked for a refund oct 22th and got the refund email oct 24th

• Anybody having modstep and could check it on iPadOS 16? 😅🤗

• Thanks for the tip - have redownloaded it to my air2 for posterity since that can’t update to iOS 16 anyway

• @tja said:
    Anybody having modstep and could check it on iPadOS 16? 😅🤗

How can you tell if it works or not? 😉

• @u0421793 said:

@tja said:

Just redownloaded it and tested it on some demo it came up with, seems ok:
    https://at.tumblr.com/moderntechniques-blog/testing-modstep-again-redownloaded-it-came-up/am4w5i43jwn2

• edited November 2022

@u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

tja said:

https://at.tumblr.com/moderntechniques-blog/testing-modstep-again-redownloaded-it-came-up/am4w5i43jwn2

Not wanting to derail the thread, but are you using ModStep with audio units? Last I tried it only worked for sending MIDI out to AUM or whatever.

Edit: sorry, I see it is using the internal ModStep sampler/synth

• @u0421793 said:

@tja said:

@u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

@tja said:

Only use modstep for MIDI, that's well known 😅🤗
    And maybe for IAA.

Thanks for the information!
    I would not like to loose modstep.

• @jo92346 said:

How did you do that?

• @ghost_forests said:

@jo92346 said:

How did you do that?

Scratch that, found it on their site

• It cannot be refunded now because they removed it from the Apple Store. I don’t like the fact they didn’t warn anyone in ADVANCE, i.e. 6 months in advance. iOS16 beta has been around for some time. I also dislike the fact that ‘end of support’ in this case, the end of the app, instantly. I have posted the link to their announcement in my opening message but here it is copied. Some of it just doesn’t make sense. Why would they abandon it “in order to keep up with the newest technology…” they literally have no replacement for it. Also, it doesn’t bode well the fact you buy any of their products and they just brick it, essentially whenever they please. Inmho, they should’ve ended the support but made sure it works on iOS16, or make sure to tell this well in advance. Oh well…

“The release of Final Touch was a proud moment for Positive Grid as it paved the way for the innovation and development of a lot of the products we have today. It allowed aspiring artists to conveniently get creative on their mobile devices without sacrificing sound quality.

In order to keep up with the newest technology and push forward to the next generation of inspiring products, we have decided to officially retire Final Touch.

As of 11/14/2022, Final Touch will no longer receive any further updates. It will continue to be operational for those who have already downloaded the app. However, since it is only supported on devices running iOS 15 and below, please do not update your system if you plan on continuing to use Final Touch. Also, please note that Final Touch will also be removed from the App Store, so if you uninstall the app, you will not be able to download it again.

We would like to extend our most sincere gratitude to those who have purchased and enjoyed Final Touch throughout the years. It is our guarantee that we will continue to create exciting new products for you to enjoy for years to come.”

• edited November 2022

I have posted several times that they told me at least 2 years ago that they would no longer be supporting this app. FWIW 😎👍🏼

I don’t know if they posted anywhere else. It would have been reasonable for them to post on the App Store or just take it down back then.

It hasn’t worked properly for me in a couple of years which is why I contacted them in the first place.

PS - To be fair - I went back through my emails and don’t find one that specifically says they would no longer be supporting the app at that time. I did find one that says they have limited resources to support Final Touch and some back and forth emails with no resolution.

• wimwim
    edited November 2022

@zhoe said:
    ... Why would they abandon it “in order to keep up with the newest technology…” they literally have no replacement for it.

I think what they mean is in order for them to keep their developers working on projects focused on the newest technology rather than working to support software built on deprecated (IAA) technology. Just a guess, but allocating their engineering investments toward newer products rather than outdated ones, may be their strategy. Or, they could just not be working on iOS products anymore due to them not returning enough on their investment to justify the development cost.

Also, it doesn’t bode well the fact you buy any of their products and they just brick it, essentially whenever they please. Inmho, they should’ve ended the support but made sure it works on iOS16, or make sure to tell this well in advance. Oh well…

Agreed. It's never a good look to leave customers with no longer working products. Still - sometimes companies can't work forever on products that don't return enough sales to pay for their maintenance. Sucks for their customers though.

• @anickt said:
    I have posted several times that they told me at least 2 years ago that they would no longer be supporting this app. FWIW 😎👍🏼

I don’t know if they posted anywhere else. It would have been reasonable for them to post on the App Store or just take it down back then.

It hasn’t worked properly for me in a couple of years which is why I contacted them in the first place.

PS - To be fair - I went back through my emails and don’t find one that specifically says they would no longer be supporting the app at that time. I did find one that says they have limited resources to support Final Touch and some back and forth emails with no resolution.

That’s what I mean. If they want to grow their brand they should be able to reach out in these circumstances. They buried the statement somewhere on their website. People paid for it just to one day wake up and boom…it is gone.

• @wim said:

@zhoe said:
    ... Why would they abandon it “in order to keep up with the newest technology…” they literally have no replacement for it.

I think what they mean is in order for them to keep their developers working on projects focused on the newest technology rather than working to support software built on deprecated (IAA) technology. Just a guess, but allocating their engineering investments toward newer products rather than outdated ones, may be their strategy. Or, they could just not be working on iOS products anymore due to them not returning enough on their investment to justify the development cost.

Also, it doesn’t bode well the fact you buy any of their products and they just brick it, essentially whenever they please. Inmho, they should’ve ended the support but made sure it works on iOS16, or make sure to tell this well in advance. Oh well…

Agreed. It's never a good look to leave customers with no longer working products. Still - sometimes companies can't work forever on products that don't return enough sales to pay for their maintenance. Sucks for their customers though.

I won’t be buying anything from them in the future, that’s for sure. Even while it worked, the Final Touch was pretty buggy, but was a great mastering app, with a lot of hands-on control unlike Audiomaster which is way more expensive

• Ridiculous thiefs

• @zhoe said:

@tja said:

Final Touch on my iPad 6th generation iOS 16.1.1, also crashed 4-5 secs after loading. That was last week. Upon updating to iOS 16.5.1, Final Touch is now working.

As for my M2 iPad Pro (6th generation) also updated to iOS 16.5.1, Final Touch crashes 4-5 sec after loading.

Can anyone else confirm they have Final Touch working on iOS 16.5.1 and on which device?

• I’m Mr. Late to the Party. Started iOS music making on the 3GS and I’ve finally got an album project (my 6th) to a point where I’m almost ready to master it. Oh look! I already have Final Touch. My iPad Pro is on iOS 15. Guess I can’t update the iPad any time soon if I want to use Final Touch. If a dev can’t support an app, that’s one thing, but a planned killing of the app? That destroys my confidence in that dev, despite their good reputation. Does anyone know the scoop here?

Was there was something so new with iOS 16 that it was impossible for Final Touch to work without major work? Or was it just Positive Grid killing it for whatever reason? Has the latest iOS16.5.1 fixed whatever iOS16 broke?

My lesson: don’t buy apps until you absolutely need to use them. I’m now one less person willing to support devs based on a promising initial version of an app. Maybe apps are essentially just rented for a period of time. Fair enough. Lesson learned.

• @Slam_Cut At 16.5.1 it continues to crash after a moment.

It's done, it seems.

• @tja said:
    @Slam_Cut At 16.5.1 it continues to crash after a moment.

It's done, it seems.

Thanks for double checking!