Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone experienced the ipad crashing when plugging into the headphone jack?

Plugging a line out cable in the headphone jack going out to an RME card to Mac caused a 2018 ipad pro to crash instantly each time. Looked through analytic logs and couldn't find anything so then tried another ipad and it would freeze its screen, but the screen stayed on.

I figured I'd upswipe all apps closed and try again and the audio now works and it doesn't freeze. I had restarted the ipad many times before to no avail. Maybe just some older ghost iaa apps open (which ones 🤔?), or I wonder if it's ios16 related because it never happened before installing that last week.

Anyone else had this happen or a clue why it may be?

Comments

• @Model10000 said:
    Plugging a line out cable in the headphone jack going out to an RME card to Mac caused a 2018 ipad pro to crash instantly each time. Looked through analytic logs and couldn't find anything so then tried another ipad and it would freeze its screen, but the screen stayed on.

I figured I'd upswipe all apps closed and try again and the audio now works and it doesn't freeze. I had restarted the ipad many times before to no avail. Maybe just some older ghost iaa apps open (which ones 🤔?), or I wonder if it's ios16 related because it never happened before installing that last week.

Anyone else had this happen or a clue why it may be?

Never had a problem with that. What was running at the time?

• @espiegel123 Nope, happens when it's not even running. I'm wondering if it has something to do with IAA apps getting less upkeep. Will just keep my eye out and see what's in the background next time.

• @Model10000 said:
    @espiegel123 Nope, happens when it's not even running. I'm wondering if it has something to do with IAA apps getting less upkeep. Will just keep my eye out and see what's in the background next time.

I use IAA apps all the time, never had crashes of my iPad simply because I plugged in headphones or a line out.

One thing to check is whether plugging in the audio cable results in a sample rate change or something…there may be apps that crash if the sample rate changes on them.

• Oh yea, I use them all the time too. I was more meaning on Apple's end not having IAA as a priority. It causes both ipads to freeze, but the ipad pro's screen goes dark and that's a bit of a freakout the first time thinking something got fried. Not a huge deal at the moment, but the sample rate is a good idea to check.

• @Model10000 said:
    Oh yea, I use them all the time too. I was more meaning on Apple's end not having IAA as a priority. It causes both ipads to freeze, but the ipad pro's screen goes dark and that's a bit of a freakout the first time thinking something got fried. Not a huge deal at the moment, but the sample rate is a good idea to check.

Have you tried a different cable?

• Tried a few. Hasn't happened at all on either ipad since I swiped all apps closed. As weird as that sounds.