Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Pro 1.5

The Tera Pro update to 1.5 is finally there:

Besides some bugfixes the main feature is the addition of a second WAVES module for those who already have the WAVES IAP.

There are also 50 new sound presets using two WAVES modules ( or four on some layered sounds )

Happy waving!

Comments

• Awesome! Thanksgiving indeed!

• Woo! Thank you!

• Lovely thanks! Looking forward to giving this a spin. Some excellent presets with the initial WAVES release so with two wavetables it promises to be even better.

I'm really beginning to appreciate the vast possibilities of this synth, with its open architecture, and the possibilities that come from wiring things together in unexpected ways is amazing.

Wondering if the randomiser is able to detect the WAVES IAP and create patches including it, or if there are future plans to add this if not?

• Great! Thank you!

• @craftycurate said:
    Lovely thanks! Looking forward to giving this a spin. Some excellent presets with the initial WAVES release so with two wavetables it promises to be even better.

I'm really beginning to appreciate the vast possibilities of this synth, with its open architecture, and the possibilities that come from wiring things together in unexpected ways is amazing.

Wondering if the randomiser is able to detect the WAVES IAP and create patches including it, or if there are future plans to add this if not?

The randomiser already takes presets using WAVES, but it first has to find some in the vast amount of presets ( nearly 2000 )
    but it works not 100% good.
    And there is another specialty: If you select a preset already using a WAVES module as starting point for randomisation then it will only select random wavetables, it will no longer shuffle modules or other parameters around.

The randomiser needs many more options in future...

• Good to know. I bought the IAP today to enjoy this upgrade. I’m laying low this buying frenzy, but this looked like too much fun to pass up.

• Bought it yesterday sound is astonishing, now trying to get my head around routing. I'm not sure what voodoo magic going on under the hood, but the same wavetables in Tera Pro, Drambo and Synthmaster sound totally different. Tera Pro somehow always sound more rich, alive and glassy in a good way. For me personally, it seems like Waldorf vs Serum: both wavetable synths, but the sound is completely different.
    And of course I got 12 features requests, where I can send them? :p

• @lazyass said:
    Bought it yesterday sound is astonishing, now trying to get my head around routing. I'm not sure what voodoo magic going on under the hood, but the same wavetables in Tera Pro, Drambo and Synthmaster sound totally different. Tera Pro somehow always sound more rich, alive and glassy in a good way. For me personally, it seems like Waldorf vs Serum: both wavetable synths, but the sound is completely different.

I believe the voodoo magic is that Tera Pro interpolates continuously between waves using the TBL POS parameter, with two modulators. In a typical preset, the modulators are ADSR and an LFO. That combo can deliver a lot of variation to the sound. Not sure if the others offer that level of complexity.

• @VirSyn said:

@craftycurate said:
    Lovely thanks! Looking forward to giving this a spin. Some excellent presets with the initial WAVES release so with two wavetables it promises to be even better.

The randomiser already takes presets using WAVES, but it first has to find some in the vast amount of presets ( nearly 2000 )
    but it works not 100% good.
    And there is another specialty: If you select a preset already using a WAVES module as starting point for randomisation then it will only select random wavetables, it will no longer shuffle modules or other parameters around.

The randomiser needs many more options in future...

Great - thanks for the info! Will give it a try.

• @lazyass said:
    Bought it yesterday sound is astonishing, now trying to get my head around routing. I'm not sure what voodoo magic going on under the hood, but the same wavetables in Tera Pro, Drambo and Synthmaster sound totally different. Tera Pro somehow always sound more rich, alive and glassy in a good way. For me personally, it seems like Waldorf vs Serum: both wavetable synths, but the sound is completely different.

Just post feature requests here and include the name of the developer. He is terrific.

• edited December 2022

Hey, @VirSyn! I wanna thank you for this piece of art and saving me a lot of money on Waldorf hardware. I hope you're doing well. And If you wouldn't mind there are a few ideas, maybe you find it useful.
    1. Little tweaks for OSC 1 to mimic Buchla style complex Osc more easily. I would restrict it to basic waveforms, add modulatable “Shape” knob instead of waveform display, and here we go. If I understand it correctly, all 3 oscillators in the current version cover the same territory.
    2. Add waveform display for LFO from Amp/Filter modules. Also, it would be super-duper cool to have an additional shape modifier to twist or bend LFO. Burns audio Spectrum synth which is MI Plaits clone has a very good implementations of this function.
    3. Add prev/next button to change waveforms in basic OSC in fashion of WT-module.
    4. Morphing filter. Must-have for quirky bass design. I have 100+ synths on iPad and for some reason only Mela got it.

• Dear Virsyn: I recently noticed that some of my Tera Pro patches using LFO - Random are no longer working correctly. For example the Keith Emerson "Welcome Back My Friends" patch, with random LFO to filter. Now sounds like fast sine wave to filter. It was working correctly before the latest update. If I try to mod something with LFO - Random, it is "gliding" between the random levels, rather than like the classic sample & hold. Thanks for any help!

• I bought the IAP just for the wavetables alone cos I don’t really need another wavetable synth but it was well worth it. It’s really a lot of fun to play with the update as well

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

I have a strange question 😅

I tried to build some INIT patch, which seems to be missing - and the "+" creates something that is not "initial" in my book:

I wanted to have the oscillators each going into a filter first, and then into the mixer, and this into the Amp. No LFOs and anything else added.

You can see this above.
    But.

I simply cannot add a third oscillator!

This is, because I cannot a third filter.
    There simply is no third filter available.

At this point, I stopped.

I understand that more classical Synths restrict the wiring, but I was surprised to see this in a semi-modular Synth.

Why not allow any number of oscillators and filters?

Other modulars (miRack, Audulus, most probably Drambo too, ...) allow any number you like.
    It just seems like an artificial restriction.

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

Also, I am irritated by the position of the Mixer.
    It should be after the Filters, as they use the oscillators, while the Mixer uses the Filters.

Is this a bug?
    Can I change the order somehow?

• @tja said:
    Also, I am irritated by the position of the Mixer.
    It should be after the Filters, as they use the oscillators, while the Mixer uses the Filters.

Is this a bug?
    Can I change the order somehow?

No, I think that „is given“ - the filters are always after the mixer - in the gui, but in the process chain the order is as You route it (in your example before the mixer).😎