Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samples from Mars quality and ideas for use?

The 50 bucks for the catalog deal looks great. Thing is I'm new to using samples in my workflow more heavily. Oh sure, I layer in found sounds, will let koala or sitala or chomplr chop a loop to make a kit, and occasionally slice up something in blocswave.

But if I'm going to do this I'd love to know about the quality of these samples AND a sense of how you'd use them if you were in my position... getting into using samples in your work.

I'm definitely eying loop beat.

I got mangling tools (granular, glitch, circuit bending), chopping (segments, chomplr, sitala, koala), more esoteric fun stuff (paulxstretch, moebius), and a host of samplers (AAS, samplewiz, elsa, audiolayer)

Thoughts and rambling ideas appreciated!

Comments

• edited November 2022

They’re top quality. They are either drum machine hits or single synth notes. So you need Sitala and a sequencer, naturally. To actually load and use the synth instruments (exs files), I’m pretty sure Decent Sampler or Audiolayer are your best bets. Or you can just load the single synth samples labeled by note if that’s your thing.

Not all of the drum packages have loops, but i’d say about 2/5 do. All of them have several pre-made kits and the files per instrument are immaculately sorted.

Anyway, I’ve owned them for years and this is the best sales price special on ANYTHING I’ve ever bought in my life. I was stunned the first time they started doing it. For a vintage drum machine lover it’s a wet dream. It really is absurd to practically give away years of work for a mere pittance, but hey I’m not complaining.

I will tout this company til the day I die. Even before they started doing the sale, I’ve contacted and chatted with the guy(s) a few times and they’re just the best.

• @oat_phipps said:
    They’re top quality. They are either drum machine hits or single synth notes. So you need Sitala and a sequencer, naturally. To actually load and use the synth instruments (exs files), I’m pretty sure Decent Sampler or Audiolayer are your best bets. Or you can just load the single synth samples labeled by note if that’s your thing.

Not all of the drum packages have loops, but i’d say about 2/5 do.

Anyway, I’ve owned them for years and this is the best sales price special on ANYTHING I’ve ever bought in my life. I was stunned the first time they started doing it. For a vintage drum machine lover it’s a wet dream.

I will tout this company til the day I die. I’ve contacted and chatted with the guy(s) a few times and they’re just the best.

single synth notes? how many?

• edited November 2022

Anywhere from 6-ish to the full 6 octaves of notes per patch. So plenty. Some of them are layered too.

You needn’t worry about quantity or quality, I assure you

• @oat_phipps said:

Not all of the drum packages have loops, but i’d say about 2/5 do. All of them have several pre-made kits and the files per instrument are immaculately sorted.

Anyway, I’ve owned them for years and this is the best sales price special on ANYTHING I’ve ever bought in my life. I was stunned the first time they started doing it. For a vintage drum machine lover it’s a wet dream. It really is absurd to practically give away years of work for a mere pittance, but hey I’m not complaining.

I will tout this company til the day I die. Even before they started doing the sale, I’ve contacted and chatted with the guy(s) a few times and they’re just the best.

Incredibly useful response. I just purchased it. I'm excited to make music in a way I've never really dug into... Been much more into synthesis for sounds. Excited! Not I just need the time.