Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Michel Petrucciani / Round Midnight

edited November 2022 in Other

Many of us know Michel, I think. This rendering of the Monk classic has originality, for sure.

Comments

• Then look on reharmonization by Herbie H. from the movie Round Midnight.
    I am absolutely not in favor of re-harmonizing Thelonious Monk's compositions, but this is an acutely unique phenomenon. Very good for students who want to learn the ways of harmonization.
    Michel P. at first mentioned this couple of composers; Ellington and Monk.
    They are inseparable, despite the difference in quantity; Ellington wrote more than 10 times as much and for large ensembles. Petrucciani holds the way of the composer, but how much feeling in what he plays!!!
    Great that you brought this back up!

• Michel was my neighbor in NYC. I was busking one day and he stopped to listen.