Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can I make Audiobus receive MIDI Transport from an external hardware sequencer?

First post, hello!

Forgive me for asking the most basic question imaginable. The manual states that Audiobus receives MIDI clock sync, although it doesn't seem to specify if it needs to be enabled, and how to do it.

MIDI Clock Sync - #back to top
MIDI Clock Sync is a standard which is very well established throughout the music tech world: most MIDI devices that have transport controls will also support MIDI sync, and many apps also support it.

Audiobus can act as a MIDI clock receiver (a.k.a. "slave"), or a sender ("master"). This is particularly useful for providing sync with external MIDI hardware, or apps that don't support any other sync standard.

I am trying to send transport from my Elektron Digitakt, so that it will trigger the transport for Audiobus, to begin the sequence in Drambo. The use case would be: Press play on Digitakt, hear Drambo sequence begin.

Currently, the Digitakt is recognized via USB but I can't get the Digitakt to trigger Audiobus' transport. The Digitakt itself has all of the correct transport tx settings/usb MIDI settings (I use it regularly with other hardware devices) so I've ruled that out.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• @hitachii said:
    First post, hello!

Forgive me for asking the most basic question imaginable. The manual states that Audiobus receives MIDI clock sync, although it doesn't seem to specify if it needs to be enabled, and how to do it.

MIDI Clock Sync - #back to top
    MIDI Clock Sync is a standard which is very well established throughout the music tech world: most MIDI devices that have transport controls will also support MIDI sync, and many apps also support it.

Audiobus can act as a MIDI clock receiver (a.k.a. "slave"), or a sender ("master"). This is particularly useful for providing sync with external MIDI hardware, or apps that don't support any other sync standard.

I am trying to send transport from my Elektron Digitakt, so that it will trigger the transport for Audiobus, to begin the sequence in Drambo. The use case would be: Press play on Digitakt, hear Drambo sequence begin.

Currently, the Digitakt is recognized via USB but I can't get the Digitakt to trigger Audiobus' transport. The Digitakt itself has all of the correct transport tx settings/usb MIDI settings (I use it regularly with other hardware devices) so I've ruled that out.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

What settings have you chosen in Audiobus’ sync settings? If you post screenshots of your settings that would help.

When you start the Digitakt, does anything happen in Audiobus?

• Oh my goodness, I totally missed the sync settings option inside of settings.

It works now, thank you!