Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Liven LoFi 12

2»

Comments

• @rs2000 said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Hardware and Software, the too are different items totally, fed up now reading Drambo comparisons. Go with what’s in front of you. Both provide inspiration.

I’m with you. I’m just talking out loud in my attempt to help address a question asked by a fellow member. BTW, I still haven’t closed out that browser window from last night of my shopping cart, lol.
    And to add to your point on software/hardware, most long time AB members whose iOS musical output has been valued as a sound designer or otherwise, do own both.
    As for myself, I’d like to think of this unit no differently than keeping an acoustic guitar within arms reach of your couch. Especially when you don’t feel like staring at a screen or firing up the start sequence to the nuclear reactor. (USB hubs, controllers, ect)
    At this price point, it doesn’t cost more than a couple dozen apps priced at $9.99

From what I've watched so far, I do like the sequencer of this box. Might be a good front end to touchable apps.

Yes! Was thinking the same regarding Beatsurfing 2. Although I’m thinking the inverse cause that bypasses the sequencer. What were you thinking, outta curiosity? Along the lines of AnimoogZ?

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@rs2000 said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Hardware and Software, the too are different items totally, fed up now reading Drambo comparisons. Go with what’s in front of you. Both provide inspiration.

I’m with you. I’m just talking out loud in my attempt to help address a question asked by a fellow member. BTW, I still haven’t closed out that browser window from last night of my shopping cart, lol.
    And to add to your point on software/hardware, most long time AB members whose iOS musical output has been valued as a sound designer or otherwise, do own both.
    As for myself, I’d like to think of this unit no differently than keeping an acoustic guitar within arms reach of your couch. Especially when you don’t feel like staring at a screen or firing up the start sequence to the nuclear reactor. (USB hubs, controllers, ect)
    At this price point, it doesn’t cost more than a couple dozen apps priced at $9.99

From what I've watched so far, I do like the sequencer of this box. Might be a good front end to touchable apps.

Yes! Was thinking the same regarding Beatsurfing 2. Although I’m thinking the inverse cause that bypasses the sequencer. What were you thinking, outta curiosity? Along the lines of AnimoogZ?

In my case it's rather going to be another sequencer and AUv3 host on the iPad because then I'm free to add what the box doesn't do. Or even record the MIDI into the DAW so I can continue on the iPad.
    Hmmm, the new multi-device workflow with GAS affinity could be:
    Hardware groovebox => iPad => Desktop :#

• What am I missing here? There’s no storage medium? (Sd card?)

Back in day actual “lofi samplers” (or as we called them “the latest in sampling technology”) at least had floppy disks (or even quick disks!). How am I building a library? Please say I don’t have to do midi dumps? 😢

• It reminded me a lot to the Digitone. 4 tracks with 10 voices of shared polyphony, pattern based workflow, parameter locking, step sequencer, buttons for keyboard and live recording.
    The price is a steal and it looks great imo

• @Apex said:
    What am I missing here? There’s no storage medium? (Sd card?)

Back in day actual “lofi samplers” (or as we called them “the latest in sampling technology”) at least had floppy disks (or even quick disks!). How am I building a library? Please say I don’t have to do midi dumps? 😢

Correct. And firmware updates via sysex.

• edited November 2022

Yes, you can patch together plugins and a sequencer on your iPad to replicate this workflow, but it’s funny because this gear is cheaper than a lot of desktop plugins! If you can afford it and you like lofi or experimenting, LoFi-12 is a “no brainer“ purchase because gear like this is inspiring - you cannot buy too much inspiring gear 💯

• edited November 2022

I really didn’t want one but the order was placed yesterday. I gave my phone to my six-year-old and told him, DO NOT PRESS THE BLUE CHECKOUT BUTTON.
    Having a child costs so much money.

In earnest, I’ve never owned a groove box or MPC/SP my whole entire life, except for an OP1. I made a good handful of tunes with it by participating in their monthly battles, but coming from a DAW background instead of the other way around, I wasn’t allowing myself to enjoy what it had to offer. I was too preoccupied with perfection, and we’ll…perfection is the enemy of something or other, as the saying goes.

But after working exclusively within a hodge podge of iOS fragments all these years, I’m primed this time to think outside the box with the box!

• Man. Looks super fun but I already have a 8bit and a Digitakt. Maybe sell the 8bit and get one? I have no more room damn it.