Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam with Jordan by AudioKit Pro - Released

Comments

• Any word on this exporting loops or do we need manual trimming?

• edited November 2022

What if the app was just a big prank. It's actually an interactive tutorial on how to make rasperry jam, hosted by jordan peterson. In the background, in another room, jordan rudess is jamming and having a blast, but we're stuck in the kitchen. Like growing up with an older sibling all over again.

• @MFBT said:
    Any word on this exporting loops or do we need manual trimming?

Good question... anyone tried exporting?

• Is there anything in this app for someone like me, who has no interest in jamming with Jordan at all.

• @Ailerom said:
    Is there anything in this app for someone like me, who has no interest in jamming with Jordan at all.

• I tried it. No MIDI (or MIDI export), like in e.g Piano Motifs. No AUv3 and no Inter-app Audio.

• @michael_m said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Gavinski said:

@senhorlampada said:
    Then she goes back to dating only crappy DJs with hot knob syndrome (wait... that sounds like an STD)

Who can resist a quality 12 inch 🧐🤔

Beats a floppy any day…

:lol:

Or that other format, what was it called again, minidick? 🤪

• @Stargazer said:
    What if the app was just a big prank. It's actually an interactive tutorial on how to make rasperry jam, hosted by jordan peterson. In the background, in another room, jordan rudess is jamming and having a blast, but we're stuck in the kitchen. Like growing up with an older sibling all over again.

Lol

• If you have iMazing (usually on sale during BF month) then the raw packed samples are available in the install bundle, though you will need a bit of scripting to unpack and wrangle them into a useable set of soundfont files (exercise left to the reader). Also appeared as a Mac M1 download so that may be an easier way of accessing the files of you don’t have iMazing.

• @bbelo said:
    I tried it. No MIDI (or MIDI export), like in e.g Piano Motifs. No AUv3 and no Inter-app Audio.

Did you try exporting audio into a DAW?

• Jade's Jordan Jam...

• @Simon said:

@MFBT said:

I did. The recording starts clean, but doesn't end clean. If exporting audio meant to be looped, you can remove the reverb and delay, record what you wish, export it, trim it in in an audio editor like TwistedWave, import into your music creation app of choice, and play around with it further.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x5fbt57dnh872l/JWM - Lofi Wizardry (Demo)-converted.m4a?dl=0

Of course I didn't get rid of the reverb and/or delay when I recorded from Jam as I wanted the end of the loops to sound a bit "choppy" for this Lofi experiment.

• edited November 2022

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Simon said:

@MFBT said:

I did. The recording starts clean, but doesn't end clean. If exporting audio meant to be looped, you can remove the reverb and delay, record what you wish, export it, trim it in in an audio editor like TwistedWave, import into your music creation app of choice, and play around with it further.

Very interesting. Thank you for the info.

I think I'll get it. Doesn't take up much room on the iPad and if I get a weekend's fun out of it, it's worth it at the low intro price. Thanks!

• @Stargazer said:

What kind of jam? Sour grapes!?

• @Simon said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Simon said:

@MFBT said:

Very interesting. Thank you for the info.

I think I'll get it. Doesn't take up much room on the iPad and if I get a weekend's fun out of it, it's worth it at the low intro price. Thanks!

Sounds good! :) Hope you enjoy it. It's a fun little app to fiddle with.

• That’s precisely what was so hot about her . She knew little sh-t like that .. Then I got depressed and thought “I’m NEVER gonna find a girl who’s as hot as she Is AND knows what AuV3”is!”

• edited November 2022

@Stargazer said:

Fantastic. I’ll never pass on fun absurdity. I love the description. You can practically see his “beard” flapping around with enthusiasm behind the closed door. Enthusiasm NOT for the music, mind you, but for his own ability to play the music very quickly.

God I’m glad Jordan Rudess wasn’t my older brother.

• @telecharge said:

@Ailerom said:
    Is there anything in this app for someone like me, who has no interest in jamming with Jordan at all.

You had me at unicorns.

• @Gavinski said:

@michael_m said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Gavinski said:

@senhorlampada said:
    Then she goes back to dating only crappy DJs with hot knob syndrome (wait... that sounds like an STD)

Who can resist a quality 12 inch 🧐🤔

Beats a floppy any day…

:lol:

Or that other format, what was it called again, minidick? 🤪

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• @Ailerom said:

@telecharge said:

@Ailerom said:

You had me at unicorns.

Is this from an early Jakob Haq YouTube video?

• @michael_m said:

@Ailerom said:

@telecharge said:

@Ailerom said:

You had me at unicorns.

Is this from an early Jakob Haq YouTube video?

Hahahaha

• @sevenape said:

@Stargazer said:

What kind of jam? Sour grapes!?

Sour rasperries. The sour grapes are turned into wine.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Stargazer said:

Fantastic. I’ll never pass on fun absurdity. I love the description. You can practically see his “beard” flapping around with enthusiasm behind the closed door. Enthusiasm NOT for the music, mind you, but for his own ability to play the music very quickly.

God I’m glad Jordan Rudess wasn’t my older brother.

Thx. Thought it was an amusing situation. Someone should make a cartoon version.

• edited November 2022

Anyone know if they are going to fix the stupid upside down loading of the screen in landscape mode...?

Didn't they notice this in testing...?

• Anyone know if they are planning on fixing the upside down screen loading?

• @Simon said:
    Anyone know if they are planning on fixing the upside down screen loading?

No idea, but how that was overlooked is completely beyond me! Very very sloppy

• edited December 2022

@Gavinski said:

@Simon said:

Yeah - a case of the Wizard casts a spell and it goes a bit wrong...

I just emailed them about it. See if we get any reply.

• @Simon said:

@Gavinski said:

@Simon said:

Yeah - a case of the Wizard casts a spell and it goes a bit wrong...

I just emailed them about it. See if we get any reply.

Mispronunciation of 'Descendo' maybe? 😂 https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_spells

• This app doesn't have IAA or AUv3, or MIDI, so that will be a dealbreaker to a lot of folks, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Matthew Fecher (@analogmatthew) kindly fixed a bug for it at my request (unable to rename preset when saving), and there's a stuck MIDI note bug that still crops up periodically, and I've commented about that on Facebook and Matthew replied, so fingers crossed.

There's supposed to be some new sounds coming out, and it's currently #37 in the app store, and it's on sale for $2.99 right now, so I'm hoping that maybe it will get some more attention. I think it's a fun app for young kids, and people like me who like to experiment with Drambo, AUM, and stuff but also just like to jam out with something that inspires. You can get some really interesting tracks going by selecting an unusual scale (and some scales support different generating algorithms).

Version History (from the app store site)
    May 30, 2023

Thanks Everyone!

++ Fixes the ability to Edit Preset Names and Tempo fields

Get this app now: More Free Sounds from Jordan himself coming, Free to current users!