Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam with Jordan by AudioKit Pro - Released

Comments

• edited November 2022

@ecou said:

@Simon said:
    Magic song creation - at last, something bloody Drambo can't do! :smiley:

Don't say that they will try to prove you it can. 😆

Yeah, rs2000 will chip in any second with some clever Dumbo solution! :smiley:

• edited November 2022

We'll get to ai music, and it will eventually beat human music on every single metric, including creativity and originality, but it's unlikely (to say the least) that this particular app is the doom/salvation we've been fearing/waiting for. 🙃 So we don't have to bring out the pitchforks/fireworks just yet, and just have some fun, whatever the app is doing. Apparently it won't make us into wizards, so that's a bummer.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm not sure to understand. I want to create music. ME, not a computer. I'm not sure to understand. It's not a judgment, just a question by curiosity. My goal is to create better track each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat.

well, do it

• @Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I'm not sure to understand. I want to create music. ME, not a computer. I'm not sure to understand. It's not a judgment, just a question by curiosity. My goal is to create better track each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat.

I think this is a bit of an old-fashioned attitude. Djs for example don't make the tracks they play, mostly, but it's what they do with them that matters. There's technical skill involved in that, there's taste, etc etc. Virtuosity in performing / arranging etc, is not the main criteria to judge whether music is good. Just my two cents 😉

I would say that the selection is even more important that the technical skill by far

• @Montreal_Music said:

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I feel you bro. My case is similar. I want to cover distance. ME, not a machine. My goal is to get faster each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat. Driving and flying is for the weak. 👊

Haha, creating music (art) is not like covering distance. Walking 1756 miles to visit the family is not my kind of thing :)
    I think that each human want to be good at something (meaning of life). In my case, I want to be good at creating music. We each have our goals. For some reason, I need to know that the music has been produced by a human to enjoy it. I'm not everyone, but I'm sure many feel the same.

Fair enough. I couldn't resist, but tbh I do see your point. 🙂

It's the same with so many things in life, isn't it. For example, the idea of lab-grown meat freaks me out. But what if it gets to the point where I can't tell the difference? Will it then become an empty prejudice on my part? Likewise, what happens when we can't tell whether a song was written by someone or something?

I can beat Magnus Carlsen at chess IF I can use my phone to play against him. Why is he famous and not me? I'm not trolling, just trying to casualy find the meaning of life before going to bed :)

music is not a competition, you can't cheat

• @cokomairena said:

@Montreal_Music said:

well, do it

Very droll 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Others - An app that makes music for you, pass.

Me - Another source for sampling fodder. 😈

:lol:
    I feel you, bro
    If something generated isn't fun enough to jam along, at least Egoist, Samplr or Yellofier will be pretty happy to receive some fodder :tongue:

• Should be here anytime now I guess :sunglasses:

Will it do AUv3 Multi-Out?
    Will it be possible to output midi per part?
    Will it make everyone a mega-star?
    How long will it take me to crash it? :smiley:

Gonna be fun to check out...

• Awaiting the 'I hate the Beard Icon' avalanche that happened to BLEASS SampleWiz for no logical reason...

• @Samu said:

Awaiting the 'I hate the Beard Icon' avalanche that happened to BLEASS SampleWiz for no logical reason...

@Samu looking at it @Samu I think this has just won the crown for the cheesey and tongue in cheek music app on iOS. It’s definitely for kids.

• O…K…

Now that I know what it is I’m going back to waiting on the Cherry Audio CS-80 emulation reveal.

• Jam with Jordan by AudioKit Pro

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1524167609

Jam with Jordan is a fun new app that allows you to create musical ideas. And, jam out.
    Powered by Grammy-winner Jordan Rudess' original musical motifs for this app. Jordan Rudess has been voted the best living keyboard player in the world for two consecutive years. But, you don’t have to be a world-class talent to make music with him.

It’s perfect for kids and people exploring music-making. Create and play chords, drums, lead, and bass sounds!
    Explore iOS music-making with this fun and original concept.
    Plus, there are over 50+ new instruments and drum sounds to play with.

FEATURES

• Create an entire song idea with the touch of a button with the "Magic Wand" feature!
    • Play with over 50+ original multi-sampled sounds and drums
    • Easy enough for kids, no musical training required!
    • Export your creations to WAV files to share

500+ MB of sounds compressed to under 140 MB
    Works on both your iPhone & iPad for one low price

What magic will you create?

If you (or someone you know) want a fun way to make great music without any formal ability or training, this is the app to do it!

JAM WITH JORDAN, Today!

#

CREDITS
    ORIGINAL MUSICAL MOTIFS / CONSULTING / MAGIC
    Jordan Rudess

SWIFT UI CODE / SOUND ENGINE
    Aure Prochazka, Jeff Cooper

SOUND DESIGN / ORIGINAL SAMPLES
    Analog Matthew Fecher,
    Jason Donnelly & Matthew Yost (Soundtrack Loops)

Details:
    Universal: Yes
    Minimum OS version: 14.5
    Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

• Ok.. Don’t seem to be the Music Lessons , Piano Teacher Killer that some feared.. Well, not just yet.. 😂

Cheater.. lol..

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Samu looking at it @Samu I think this has just won the crown for the cheesey and tongue in cheek music app on iOS. It’s definitely for kids.

That I've already figured out :sunglasses:
    Thankfully I've cured my app-o-holism so no buy from me.
    (I'm totally done with 'support buying' every single new app that drops just because...).

• @Samu said:
    Awaiting the 'I hate the Beard Icon' avalanche that happened to BLEASS SampleWiz for no logical reason...

The SampleWiz icon is a weird one. I thought it was funny how people were flipping and modding it.

This one looks like a LEGO figure.

• @richardyot "artists will probably find ways to subvert these technologies and create something unexpected with them"
    They absolutely will.

Off topic rant about "AI" and tools

wahhh the machines are doing art: for hundreds of years painters, sculptors, architechs, and... have been using "machines" and apprentices to help them realize their visions. Examples camera obscura, samplers, grid paper (and italian cartooning for resizing and reproduction of drawings and paintings)

Its not the damn machine that is the problem. Nor the lazy people who just copy and paste midi...

If you all want something to rail against (in the arts media or science) rail against sh*t copyright laws

Artists will art with any tool available. The average will just cut and paste, and so what.

Cory Docotrow has well reasoned ideas about this
    https://medium.com/kwoolfor/cory-doctorow-and-copyright-how-copyright-is-not-protecting-creators-7e92c968bbcc

his book Information Doesn’t Want to be Free
    https://www.amazon.com/Information-Doesnt-Want-Be-Free/dp/1940450462

I hope the app finds its audience in those that want to make music - Most of those potentially interested may not be of "audiobus forum" I can do all (compose perform produce) it myself calibur. I hope it does well.

• Yeah I don't think this app's target market is the typical Audiobus user but I'm fairly sure there is a market for it.

• The UI pictures posted here instantly reminded me of Chordion - https://apps.apple.com/app/id552182095

That might be a better fit for you serious adult-minded types who could use a companion. It's not AUv3, but it has MIDI out.

• I'm also reminded of Firo, if anyone remembers the various incarnations of it.

Firo4 Classroom Edition (FREE) - https://apps.apple.com/app/id1509042974

Firo4 - https://apps.apple.com/app/id1499866757

• I am not touching this one. Audiokit should instead work on the code of flagship synths to work (good) as Auv3.

• They had me at 80s sound lol

• People have to start somewhere! I hope this thing brings droves of potential music creators into the iOS music community who will eventually become curious how to level up and find their way to the Audiobus Forum and totally ruin the place... :worried: Oh, sorry, that got dark quickly! :naughty:

• Generators for chord progressions. Generators for melodies. Generators for arps. Generators for rhythms. Generators for songs/arrangements. Synths with intelligent “randomize patch” buttons. FX where you click the dice icons.

I’ve often wondered whether we’re essentially just becoming a collective of remixers.

• I rather suck hard at making my own stuff from scratch than become a composer wizard with this stuff.

• @attakk said:

I’ve often wondered whether we’re essentially just becoming a collective of remixers.

I get the same 'vibe' as when I had my C64 and was drawing 8x8 characters and thought that every single possible character is just a 'random number' :sunglasses:
    (Ie. roll the dice enough times and you'd eventually get all the characters in any specific style possible within an 8x8 dot matrix).

I'm kinda surprised no one has yet created a 'Trap Generator' that can also generate mumble style lyrics using formant filters...

• Expectation

What we have here

• Not liking the sounds. Not liking the midi phrases. Really not liking the heavy handed reverb and delay.

But very much like playing with the concept and using it to refine my thoughts about how I want to structure my own midi clips and sample sounds in Ableton.

I’m glad it was on sale and I’m going to tire of it quickly, but until then I’m going to be jotting down notes on the aspects of the app that I can reapply into my own composition process using my own underutilized library of musical snippets.