Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis normalization vs mastering?

Is the “normalize” option in the mixdown options supposed to perform a basic mastering?

I have TB Barricade and I noticed that, after normalizing in CB4, the track is in the correct LUF range for youtube which is why I got Barricade to begin with.

Do any of you use this CB4 feature?

Comments

• Normalization just finds the highest peak of your song, and raises the level of the entire song so that peak hits 0dBFS. It's the simplest and least intrusive way to maximize to raise the volume of your song without affecting it's dynamics at all.

Mastering will usually be able to push the volume louder than that (if it's needed) since it tends to involve limiting and/or compression. You get more volume, but you're permanently lowering the dynamic range of the song to do so.

• edited November 2022

That's a interesting question. If I understand you correctly, normalizing without using Barricade made Youtube confirm the correct LUF range?
    If so, I'm sure you don't want that.
    Youtube will be all fine if your track is subjectively much softer than the aggressive ads popping in but it will let your track sound weak in comparison, even if it's normalized, because the average volume is most likely much lower than when using a limiter. Fighting loudness wars is fine but ad makers don't care.

Doesn't Barricade allow for setting a maximum level or level range for its output?
    Or is the common -.3 .. -.5 dB limit hard coded?

• @rs2000 said:
    That's a interesting question. If I understand you correctly, normalizing without using Barricade made Youtube confirm the correct LUF range?
    If so, I'm sure you don't want that.
    Youtube will be all fine if your track is subjectively much softer than the aggressive ads popping in but it will let your track sound weak in comparison, even if it's normalized, because the average volume is most likely much lower than when using a limiter. Fighting loudness wars is fine but ad makers don't care.

Doesn't Barricade allow for setting a maximum level or level range for its output?
    Or is the common -.3 .. -.5 dB limit hard coded?

Barricade allows you to set it to whatever, yes, and also has some handy presets to let you do so quickly