Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

koala start stop sample MIDI mapping

i seem to remember MIDI mapping sample start stop in koala’s edit screen, but can no longer find that/do that.
can anyone point me in the right direction or do I misremember?

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited November 2022

Settings -> MIDI -> Use MIDI Mapping + Map MIDI + Midi can select pads + Midi can record pads

• Thank you. Still unable to map start/stop though. Option doesn’t seem to be there..

• I sent the first reply without the “+ Midi can select pads + Midi can record pads”. Did you turn those options ON?

• Yes. I didn’t have all enabled before. Enabling them doesn’t seem to change it.

• @janpieter said:
    Yes. I didn’t have all enabled before. Enabling them doesn’t seem to change it.

As far as I know, they aren’t adjustable by midi.

• I tried also
    If I open the sample window first so I can see the waveform
    Then setting, then midi map etc, the sample waveform window disappears when I am in mapping mode
    Am sure I tried this before when my atom controller arrived, it was one of the first things I thought of mapping with my knobs
    Hope there is a solution, or it’s on the road map

• I would swear having used it before. :)

• Are you trying to map to a “Note” event that has a precise On/Off which makes sense for start/stop or a CC knob event?
    I just mapped the notes from the C scale and they work just as “touch” does on the screen Pad to start/stop.

• @McD said:
    Are you trying to map to a “Note” event that has a precise On/Off which makes sense for start/stop or a CC knob event?
    I just mapped the notes from the C scale and they work just as “touch” does on the screen Pad to start/stop.

He wants to map sample start time not pad start/stop

• McDMcD
    edited November 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@McD said:
    Are you trying to map to a “Note” event that has a precise On/Off which makes sense for start/stop or a CC knob event?

Thanks. I had fun playing with MIDI Learn so I appreciate the question. In MIDI Mapping Mode
    When you press the EDIT button it drops out of MIDI Mapping Mode. It would be nice to control sample
    Start amd Stop with a couple knobs while the sample is in Loop mode. The finger on screen method takes
    A lot of extra effort to get start/stop just right.

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

@McD said:

Thanks.

Yes. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I understood you were on a different track when I read your 10:23 message.

• @janpieter said:
    I would swear having used it before. :)

It is possible on Android Samurai 1.4062. That was my midi mapping

Now I´m using 1.4063 on Iphone and there is no way to do it. I hope they allow it on iOS.

• @Javbax said:

@janpieter said:

Now I´m using 1.4063 on Iphone and there is no way to do it. I hope they allow it on iOS.

Thank you, yes. I’m now wondering whether I saw a screenshot of Koala on Android or whether a previous IOS version really had this option as your screenshot.

• I have mapped those parameters to knobs on previous versions of iOS Koala. So they were definitely there.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I have mapped those parameters to knobs on previous versions of iOS Koala. So they were definitely there.

Perhaps, you could report it to him via his web site.

• @janpieter said:

@Javbax said:

@janpieter said:

Thank you, yes. I’m now wondering whether I saw a screenshot of Koala on Android or whether a previous IOS version really had this option as your screenshot.

It definitely used to be available on iOS, but now it seems I’ve lost it too.

I quickly searched the Discord and didn’t see any notice of it being intentionally removed, although a few users have noticed it’s missing. Could have been a mistake, although it never worked as well as I hoped it would so I’m crossing my fingers that Marek pulled it and is implementing a different solution (e.g. controls for Start and Length instead of Start and End, which works a lot better for live manipulation). I have no special insight or reason to think he’s changing it; it’s pure speculation.

In the meantime, you should still be able to assign the controls. Discord mega-helper ADG posted on 11/10/2022:
    “You can still make changes
    Open the Files app
    Navigate to the Koala folder
    Then settings and you can modify the midiMapping.json”

• Thank ya’ll for clarifying.

• Shot them an email..

• dev reported it to come back soon, missed it in a recent update..

• @janpieter
    Thanks for the news
    Looking forward to it working