Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WHAT APPS DID YOU BUY IN ALL CAPS?!?!?!

13»

Comments

• SO FAR NOTHING!

• --OTHER DESERT CITIES--
    WOULD BE AMAZING IF AD RETURNED TO MAKING HARDWARE AND PUT THAT AS A EURORACK MODULE.

• Only total WANKERS type in ALL CAPS, so yeah.. not doing that. Hope you don't either.

Only new iOS app for me so far is Splat n Clat.

On the desktop side:

V Collection 9 update (which was an overwhelming plethora of choice, now kicked up even more! -- something like 14 new products for me to explore!)

Melodyne upgrade

Cherry Audio DCO-106, which came with FREE bonus Melda Productions MReverb MB

Toontrack Kicks & Snares EZX (first time this expansion has ever been on sale!)

Vahalla Supermassive, new FREE 2.5 update. One of the greatest reverb/delays ever, and it's FREE!

But the biggest Black November splurge has yet to happen... Probably buying a NEW IPAD TODAY! (there's yer all caps!). Still trying to decide between, small, medium, and large.

• Quite non-wanky for me so far:

Apps:
    UA- LO-FI-AF
    UA- SILO
    BORSTA

Desktop:
    LIVE 11 UPDATE

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Only total WANKERS type in ALL CAPS

HEY, I REPRESENT THAT REMARK

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW STUFF AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW MACHINE!

I don't know how good your deal was on Kicks N Snares, but if you ever feel you can't wait for a discount, you can buy a 3 pack of generic EZX serials from Thomann and they work out to be much cheaper than if you just bought one EZX at a time. And you can keep unused serials for the future if you don't want to use them all right away. They'll work immediately on any EZX the day it is released, in my experience.

HOPE THAT'S HELPFUL XD

• edited November 2022

@Samu said:
    SO FAR NOTHING!

YEAH, I WAS LIKE THAT UNTIL AN HOUR AGO. NOW, NOT SO MUCH - BECAUSE I APPARENTLY NEED ALL OF THE MIDI GENERATOR APPS EVER MENTIONED ON THIS FORUM. 🤪

• GRAND FINALE 2 UPGRADE

POLYIVOKS FILTER

SOMETHING ELSE, BUT I CAN’T REMEMBER RIGHT NOW!

• @alexwasashrimp said:
    JUST BOUGHT AUM

Still have no idea how would it fit my workflow (it probably won't lol), but everyone seems to love it.

I have an hour-long AUM walkthrough here, it's one of my most popular (maybe actually the most popular) vids to date:

AUM ROCKS!

• DRAMBO finally

• @JeffChasteen said:
    DRAMBO finally

…and if you’re even remotely interested in WaveTable or Formant based synthesis the two currently available IAPs are highly recommended :sunglasses:

• so far..
    BLEASS MEGALIT
    OTHERDESERTCITIES
    TROOPER

• Finally got DRAMBO!!!

• @Samu said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    DRAMBO finally

…and if you’re even remotely interested in WaveTable or Formant based synthesis the two currently available IAPs are highly recommended :sunglasses:

Thanks for the heads up!

• FAC MEDUSA
    FAC DRUMKIT
    TARDIGRAIN

AND

DRAMBO!

• edited November 2022

Caved in and bought DRAMBO... I feel so cheap :smiley:

• LO-FI-AF, ATISPACE, AXON 2, and I have officially joined the cult of DRAMBO.
    DO WE GET SPECIAL UNDERWEAR???

• edited November 2022

@MadeofWax said:
    LO-FI-AF, ATISPACE, AXON 2, and I have officially joined the cult of DRAMBO.

Yeah, it is a cult. Makes Scientologists look moderate.

Oh, the shame...

• I JOINED THE CULT, TOO

DRAMBO!

AND JUST A SMIDGEN OF AUM, CUBASIS 3, OTHER DESERT CITIES, AD CHANNELSTRIP (in case Mixbox doesn't go on sale), CHORDJAM, BEATMAKER 3, FLIP, KOALA FOR A DOLLA, VELVET MACHINE, AND LO-FI-AF.

AND I JUST DISCOVERED THE iBASSIST/SOFT DRUMMER GUY... LORD HELP ME.

I DONATED BEFORE TO THE SOUNDTESTROOM AND I'M GOING TO MAKE A DONATION TO PoppaDocRock Paypal

• edited December 2023

deleted

• I > @monz0id said:

Quite non-wanky for me so far:

Apps:
    UA- LO-FI-AF
    UA- SILO
    BORSTA

Desktop:
    LIVE 11 UPDATE

What would be wanky choices, I'm curious? 🤔🤪

• @Gavinski said:
    I > @monz0id said:

Apps:
    UA- LO-FI-AF
    UA- SILO
    BORSTA

Desktop:
    LIVE 11 UPDATE

That’d be telling, Gav….

Added to the list:

TROOPER - DEFINITELY NOT WANKY!!

ThermoSynth (no caps until I’ve bought it) has caught my eye (seen your vid), but it’s still quite pricey and I’ve read a few complaints about UI and crashes. Still, it does make for some interesting, unique noises. Might be one for when I’ve had a few sherbets and loosened up my wallet…

• It is definitely unique, @monz0id, pretty sure you'd get your money's worth out of it, rough and raw and as Ki and Oat said in the other thread, just a lot of fun to get lost in.

@monz0id said:

@Gavinski said:
    I > @monz0id said:

Apps:
    UA- LO-FI-AF
    UA- SILO
    BORSTA

Desktop:
    LIVE 11 UPDATE

That’d be telling, Gav….

Added to the list:

TROOPER - DEFINITELY NOT WANKY!!

ThermoSynth (no caps until I’ve bought it) has caught my eye (seen your vid), but it’s still quite pricey and I’ve read a few complaints about UI and crashes. Still, it does make for some interesting, unique noises. Might be one for when I’ve had a few sherbets and loosened up my wallet…

• @Gavinski said:
    It is definitely unique, @monz0id, pretty sure you'd get your money's worth out of it, rough and raw and as Ki and Oat said in the other thread, just a lot of fun to get lost in.

Yeah, I kinda do similar things with a combination of other apps, but nice to have it all in one thing. I think Mrs Monzo will be relieved when I stop watching their YouTube vids on repeat too.

I’ll probably do my usual pondering and come to a decision to buy, just as the price goes back up…

• DUBLER 2 (non iOS)
    RIFFER
    ELECTRIC by apeSoft (pretty damn impressed by this one for £3:49!)
    CHORDJAM

• TOO MUCH

• edited November 2022

Can Borsta be played in real time (like on a BopPad or LaunchPad)? Or is it really more sequencer focused? Ty

• I might have to do a SCREENCAP later in order to make my confessional

• @audiobussy said:
    Can Borsta be played in real time (like on a BopPad or LaunchPad)? Or is it really more sequencer focused? Ty

Yes, but the real magic are in the sequences.

• After careful evaluation based on my current needs I got exactly ZERO new apps and decided to keep focusing on what I already have…