Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Giftcard from an other country

I live in Canada. I buy apps in the Apple Canadian Store. If a friend gave me a giftcard from an european country, is there a way to spend the giftcard?

My solution (but I'm not sure it works) is to switch country in my Apple Account. Deposit the giftcard, buy apps and then, switch back to my country. Is it possible? Is it legal? Will I see my purshased in my regular account?

He gave me a card because he got one as a gift but he only use Android.

Comments

• edited November 2022

Are you saying Canada doesn’t allow people to use gift cards sent from other countries?

• @NeuM said:
    Are you saying Canada doesn’t allow people to use gift cards sent from other countries?

The giftcard I have is 50€. My account is in CAD$

• @Montreal_Music said:

@NeuM said:

The giftcard I have is 50€. My account is in CAD$

Have you tried applying it to your account? The currency should not matter. Whatever is the exchange rate at the moment you add it to your account should apply.

• Code must be redeemed in a different country or region
    If you see a message that says the code must be redeemed in another storefront, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside of the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Code must be redeemed in a different country or region
    If you see a message that says the code must be redeemed in another storefront, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside of the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States.

Is this text from Apple?

• @NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Is this text from Apple?

Yes.

• This is why I asked if it's legal to change my country for 1 minutes to redeem my giftcard. But I don't want my apps to be in 2 separate store. Not sure if the apps are merged.

• edited November 2022

@Montreal_Music said:

@NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Is this text from Apple?

Yes.

How strange. If I were you, I’d try to call Apple or go to an Apple Store and see if they can do something about that. Above all, be nice to them (they tend to be more helpful if you’re nice when you interact with them).

• @NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Is this text from Apple?

Yes.

How strange. If I were you, I’d try to call Apple or go to an Apple Store and see if they can do something about that. Above all, be nice to them (they tend to be more helpful if you’re nice when you interact with them).

It's like Amazon. You cannot spent your USA giftcard in the Italy store and vice-versa.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    This is why I asked if it's legal to change my country for 1 minutes to redeem my giftcard. But I don't want my apps to be in 2 separate store. Not sure if the apps are merged.

This may be outdated, but I switched to the US store 7 years ago and the apps were merged, though I lost access to a couple of apps that were only available in my country of origin. I don't know how the store would handle the funds though.

• Yah, also in Canada and ran into this a while ago.

• @AudioGus said:
    Yah, also in Canada and ran into this a while ago.

And how it ends?

• The only way I am aware of to gift international applebuxx is to “gift” their AppleID the gift card. Try opening a burner Apple ID in said country, redeeming, and gifting your Canadian account the amt.

• edited November 2022

@Montreal_Music said:

@AudioGus said:

And how it ends?

Couldn't figure a way to resolve it.

• edited November 2022

@AudioGus said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@AudioGus said:

And how it ends?

Couldn't figure a way to resolve it.

I guess ask the gift sender to gift you an Amazon gift card next time instead? Then you could buy the Apple gift card on Amazon... OR send AppleCash instead and then use that in the local currency to add to the iTunes Store account?

• wimwim
    edited November 2022

I went as far as to call Apple about it a few years ago, and they were insistent that gift cards can't be used in another App Store than that from which they were purchased.

I ended up sending the person the money via PayPal instead.

• Yes you can use multiple Apple IDs.
    You could get a new Apple ID based in another country if you have an address in that country, say you have a relative who lives in that country, or you have another home there you could use that address to register the ID, and use another email. Then you can sign in to that appstore country and use the gift card.

When you sign back in to your home country you’d still keep the downloaded apps. The only problem is you’d have to sign back in to update the apps. You’d also sign out of iCloud when you change stores so that’s another thing.
    But the apps will still work.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes you can use multiple Apple IDs.
    You could get a new Apple ID based in another country if you have an address in that country, say you have a relative who lives in that country, or you have another home there you could use that address to register the ID, and use another email. Then you can sign in to that appstore country and use the gift card.

When you sign back in to your home country you’d still keep the downloaded apps. The only problem is you’d have to sign back in to update the apps. You’d also sign out of iCloud when you change stores so that’s another thing.
    But the apps will still work.

I do believe you are correct.