Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Demo Of GSi Apps - Echo B2, GS-201, VariSpeed + TimeVerb-X Featuring BLEASS’ Megalit

I've taken a different approach in this video and I'd love to get your feedback in the comments section on YouTube. I've given an overview and sound demos of 4 iOS Music FX Apps from GSi that I think are spectacularly good. I used several presets from BLEASS' Megalit Synth in the video which is also wonderful.

Comments

• Cool!

At some point I might grab the GSI SpaceEcho and GSI Electrochestra as ain't got any decent Stringmachine app yet and that one seems to be one of the best out there for the iPad.

• Really good video, I don’t own any GSI plugins yet and after watching this I’m still not sure which to buy… not a criticism of the review though.

Funny that you say you would pay for the reverb only setting on the SpaceEcho when this feature received pretty negative feedback on the forum. I guess quality is subjective, I need to watch your review again with headphones to get a better idea of how everything sounds.

• edited November 2022

Good review, but strongly disagree with that the Space Echo has a great reverb. I do find it horrible. Nothing compared to my OuterSpace on OSX or compared to an impuls response from a real Space Echo in AlitSpace 2. I most definitely believe it was modelled on the real unit GSI owns, and that the reverb sounds the same on their unit. To me, unusable. I also find the GSI Space Echo sounds weaker compared to the Echo B2, which for me is an absolute winner. The only complaint I have with the B2 is that I wish it had a slider/knob to tame down the wobble to make it sound cleaner. I haven’t found any use for the Copycat so far, but who knows it will happen in the future. I don’t own the reverb, as I do not find the spring to be dripping enough in sound, like a real old spring reverb unit such as King Tubby’s GRAMPIAN 636.

• edited November 2022

@Slush said:
    Good review, but strongly disagree with that the Space Echo has a great reverb. I do find it horrible. Nothing compared to my OuterSpace on OSX or compared to an impuls response from a real Space Echo in AlitSpace 2. I most definitely believe it was modelled on the real unit GSI owns, and that the reverb sounds the same on their unit. To me, unusable. I also find the GSI Space Echo sounds weaker compared to the Echo B2, which for me is an absolute winner. The only complaint I have with the B2 is that I wish it had a slider/knob to tame down the wobble to make it sound cleaner. I haven’t found any use for the Copycat so far, but who knows it will happen in the future. I don’t own the reverb, as I do not find the spring to be dripping enough in sound, like a real old spring reverb unit such as King Tubby’s GRAMPIAN 636.

Oddly enough, the reverb on their real unit does not sound at all like the reverb on the GSI Space Echo. They posted a video comparing the two at some point, although I can’t find it at the moment... nvm, found it. Kudos to them for posting a comparison. The delay section was pretty close but the reverb was not nearly as rich and warm as the real thing. Honestly, a little basic EQ would make it sound a lot closer. Seems like an easy fix for them?

• @Slush said:
    The only complaint I have with the B2 is that I wish it had a slider/knob to tame down the wobble to make it sound cleaner.

This would make B2 usable in a wider variety of settings.

• @Samu said:
    Cool!

At some point I might grab the GSI SpaceEcho and GSI Electrochestra as ain't got any decent Stringmachine app yet and that one seems to be one of the best out there for the iPad.

Yeah Sam! I’ve been looking at Electrochestra. I remembered Doug’s demo and how it made me think of early Prog days. Just the right vibe for the music I’m working on right now.

• @iamspoon said:
    Really good video, I don’t own any GSI plugins yet and after watching this I’m still not sure which to buy… not a criticism of the review though.

Funny that you say you would pay for the reverb only setting on the SpaceEcho when this feature received pretty negative feedback on the forum. I guess quality is subjective, I need to watch your review again with headphones to get a better idea of how everything sounds.

Yeah, that’s the funny thing about music I guess. We all have different ears. The thing is, whilst I wouldn’t say the reverb on the space echo is magic, I mean it’s not Alteza, I find it sounds incredible on guitar in a mix, where other reverbs that sound insanely good just wreck a mix. It’s from that point of view that I like it so much.

• @Slush said:

The echo B2 was the big surprise for me. I found it very rich in depth and it has plenty of clarity. I expected it to be more muddy. I just love the space echo though. That sound just really works for me. I considered speaking in this video about the possibilities of adding new features to old classics, like the kind of thing you mention. The more I thought about it, I decided there was a lot to say and that might be a video in itself. Like, imagine if you had the faithful recreation of the B2 but then you could hit a button and it changed to a 2022 version with new features and possibilities.

• @mtenk said:

@Slush said:

Oddly enough, the reverb on their real unit does not sound at all like the reverb on the GSI Space Echo. They posted a video comparing the two at some point, although I can’t find it at the moment... nvm, found it. Kudos to them for posting a comparison. The delay section was pretty close but the reverb was not nearly as rich and warm as the real thing. Honestly, a little basic EQ would make it sound a lot closer. Seems like an easy fix for them?

Watching this video just makes me sad. When someone asks you if you want a free Space Echo you say yes!!!! Sob.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@mtenk said:

@Slush said:

Watching this video just makes me sad. When someone asks you if you want a free Space Echo you say yes!!!! Sob.

No kidding! But, it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve actually been looking at the OG ones recently. Not going to pull the trigger just yet but it’s definitely a piece of gear that I’ll own one day.

Thanks for putting together a video showcasing these new products!

• @mtenk said:

>

I’ve actually been looking at the OG ones recently. Not going to pull the trigger just yet but it’s definitely a piece of gear that I’ll own one day.

If ever there was a company with a more apt name than Soundgas…