Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Strokes (Sequencer, Sampler, Synthesizer & Groovebox) news

Strokes sequencer has just been updated to v3.9 and it's a biggie:

What was once just a sequencer is now a fully fledged instrument/groovebox featuring 8 samplers, a reverb, and delay.

The sequencer is deeply integrated with the samplers - meaning you can modulate the sampler params from Matrix/Weights.

Video overview:

Manual - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xpx549qB2_bJrxgcPPQX9sMm-qTgC_bK/view

Each sampler has

• amp attack/decay
  • adjustable start/end & loop (drag top/bottom half of waveform)
  • root note (for tuning the sample)
  • multi mode filter lp/bp/hp
  • delay & reverb sends
  • 4 modulation lanes hooked up to the sequencer

The reverb and delay can be modulated from the sequencer too !

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/strokes-sampler-sequencer/id6443816236

Comments

• https://apps.apple.com/app/id6443816236

Description:

Tom Rowlands [Chemical Brothers] : "Strokes is an amazing device for rhythmic inspiration. Its a lot of fun to play with and can lead to some very cool unexpected patterns and combinations"
    CDM : "Its just really elegant... a semi-modular powerhouse for exploring polyrhythms, both in musical note/percussion patterns and modulation. So, uh… whoa."
    DJ Mag: "DJs and producers wanting to create intricate sequencer patterns should look at Strokes"
    MusicRadar: "An instant inspiration generator"
    International Orange: "An elevated groovebox"

Strokes is an all-in-one, cross platform sequencing workstation.

Strokes generates rhythms and modulation that bring new life to your software and hardware instruments and effects.

Strokes allows you to create entire arrangements with endless variety and complex interactions between devices either as a standalone application or from within a host such as ALM.

Strokes features a collection of seven interconnected modules that interact with one another in real time:

Grids - 4 x channels of euclidean or step (XOX/TR) rhythm generators
    Logic - 4 x channels of algorithmic rhythm generators
    Matrix - 8 x synchronized per step/stroke parameter modulation sequencers
    Weights - 4 x envelope followers
    Shares - 4 x probability processors using markov chain pattern analysis
    Notes - 7 x pitch presets for sequencing chords, melodies and kit changes
    Patterns - 5 x device wide snapshots / presets

Details:
    Universal: No
    Minimum OS version: 9.3
    Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

• Any videos that’s on the premium side of my budget ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Any videos that’s on the premium side of my budget ?

• Oh man, GAS cannot be resisted on this…

• Ah, I know this from the desktop side of things, I think. I recognize the guy in the video anyway 😀

Perhaps we had a thread about the beta?

• edited November 2022

Works well with FAC DRUM KIT. Pretty deep sequencer. @echoopera This would be fun driving hardware and for getting quick midi recordings into Drambo.

• Does the iOS version work on MacOS it says compatible with Mac, just wondering if anyone has tried it.

• You get some interesting results directing this to Loopmix.

• Looks like fun. Just need some time to dig into it.

• is it only sequencer with midi or it has soem internal sounds built?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    is it only sequencer with midi or it has soem internal sounds built?

Just midi by the looks of it.

• Is this an intro price?

• Am I misunderstanding or does it only have 4 lanes?

• Everything’s nearly invisible

• @knewspeak said:
    Does the iOS version work on MacOS it says compatible with Mac, just wondering if anyone has tried it.

It doesn’t appear all from the Mac App Store, I might jump in this if it was a cross platform license s as it looks pretty cool

• @Krupa said:

@knewspeak said:
    Does the iOS version work on MacOS it says compatible with Mac, just wondering if anyone has tried it.

It doesn’t appear all from the Mac App Store, I might jump in this if it was a cross platform license s as it looks pretty cool

I’m tempted for the same reasons.

• So a four lane algorithmic largely DRUM machine with euclidean and paramlock able to be pattern switched and with CC and midi control.

for 22USD

I didnt see any melodic demo's. Has anyone tried?

• @MAtrixplan said:

it has "noem" internal sounds ( :) )

• Another demo on desktop.

• @audiblevideo said:

@MAtrixplan said:

it has "noem" internal sounds ( :) )

:smiley:

• edited November 2022

What’s funny is for all this love of Euclidean sequencers, 99.97% of the music I listen to just does it straight and classic and is still very effective. I’m still wondering where this “treasure trove” of Euclidean producers releases their music.

• @oat_phipps said:
    What’s funny is for all this love of Euclidean sequencers, 99.97% of the music I listen to just does it straight and classic and is still very effective. I’m still wondering where this “treasure trove” of Euclidean producers releases their music.

Euclidean rhythms is literally just a term given to the discovery that Euclid’s algorithm map to common patterns all over various forms of music from classical to traditional African and Arab rhythms to Frank Zappa.
    You may not notice them, but they are everywhere 😉

Bear in mind, it’s very easy to program Euclidean rhythms as long as you can set the sequence length, you don’t need a Euclidean specific one. Sequencers like this just make that programming far quicker.

• @Krupa said:

@knewspeak said:

Do they need to be purchased separately?
    Or if I buy the iPad version, can I use it on my Mac?

• And what do we think the unique selling proposition might be on this one?

• “Strokes allows you to create entire arrangements with endless variety and complex interactions between devices either as a standalone application or from within a host such as ALM.”

Do I need to buy ALM? Or do you think it will work in AUM as well?

• This thing looks great. It’s messing with my To buy app list now, lol.

• I don’t know for sure but I don’t think it’s a cross platform license some of the ones I’ve seen before often have Mac written really small under the App Store pictures along with iPhone iPad or whatever is compatible Apple TV Apple Watch… it only says iPad. I could be mistaken but I think it’s two separate purchases.

• I built a pretty elaborate collection of sequencers for my hardware modular and this rings that same bell. Alas, I also learned that I'm not disciplined enough to use elaborate logic matrices in my music, so the modules sort of sit there, judging me. This app, on my iPad, would do the same. But I'm looking forward to seeing what others do with it.