Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumbeat apps: where is sound module input?

Sound module input has been removed on all lumbeat percussion apps?
I used to enjoy practicing different styles of finger drumming over the top of different riddims.

Anyone know how to get this working again please?

Comments

• @jollyDodger said:
    I used to enjoy practicing different styles of finger drumming over the top of different riddims.

I've asked about this and have never received an answer. I would love to use the Rock Drum Machine sounds with other beat generating apps. Hope you have better luck getting an answer.

• @MadeofWax said:

@jollyDodger said:

I've asked about this and have never received an answer. I would love to use the Rock Drum Machine sounds with other beat generating apps. Hope you have better luck getting an answer.

That feature is gone. If you like the sounds and want to drive them with another app, sample the hits and load into something like Sitala or Audiolayer

• @espiegel123 said:

@MadeofWax said:

@jollyDodger said:

That feature is gone. If you like the sounds and want to drive them with another app, sample the hits and load into something like Sitala or Audiolayer

I assumed as much but was hoping I somehow was overlooking something. Appreciate the response.

• Maybe if we all add to the last post on Facebook promoting these amazing apps (Afro Latin drummer) expressing how much we appreciate his work, and kindly asking if we can have the sound module again?
    https://www.facebook.com/Lumbeat
    That would be ok way of asking? I like it as it’s transparent and public, a private email will just get lost.

• I wish he would release new versions of all the apps as sound modules only, without the sequencing. There is a real shortage of quality drums with round robin samples.

An AUv3 Soft Drummer and Funk Drummer with just the samples for me to sequence in the DAW of my choice would be awesome.

• I see your perspective but for me, the randomization is the magic in these apps and the sounds are…not my favorite. I’d rather have the various algorithms in a single AUv3 that I could use to drive other sound sources. :lol:

• @oddSTAR said:
    I see your perspective but for me, the randomization is the magic in these apps and the sounds are…not my favorite. I’d rather have the various algorithms in a single AUv3 that I could use to drive other sound sources. :lol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohfFhG5VDtDTzQv2o/giphy.gif

• The dev is, at this point, very unlikely to introduce these as auv3 unless people just stop buying the iaa versions, would be my guess. If people keep complaining that they're not auv3 but buy every new release then where is the motivation for the dev to actually give people what they're asking for?

• I’m fine with it not being AUV3. The love that has gone into researching the theory and the great UI make it fine as a standalone app for me.

The velocities are only X3, and if I wanted to use sample based AUv3 drums on iOS I would bust out audiolayer and buy a meticulously made drum kit of that genre with >x8 layers, made with the assistance of a successful musician in that style. But storage being what it is on iOS managing large packs of samples is something I do on other groove boxes.

I just want to learn, different drumming styles but on pads. When I originally bought reggae drummer, I was able to play over the top, mimicking the patterns, listening to the same samples made it easy to hear if I made a mistake. I have now stopped myself buying another lumbeat app due to the sound module being removed. And have gone back to using free midi files and Yamahas free songbeats app to teach myself.

• Good morning,

thanks for all this info here, finally found this thread after wasting several hours to trigger the Funk Drummer individual instruments via virtual midi. I was sure this was working in the past.

Control features are working as expected, anyone knows why the Sound Module feature was removed ?

Will it be back later ?

Cannot understand why a working was being removed.

Greetings,
    Goetz

• Only the developer can answer those questions.

• @TracerY said:
    Good morning,

thanks for all this info here, finally found this thread after wasting several hours to trigger the Funk Drummer individual instruments via virtual midi. I was sure this was working in the past.

Control features are working as expected, anyone knows why the Sound Module feature was removed ?

Will it be back later ?

Cannot understand why a working was being removed.

Greetings,
    Goetz

Sound module mode was removed a few years ago. The reason is unknown.

• I think midi triggering of sounds had to be removed due to a code libraries issue. I hope it comes back, also.