Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE 404 by ALL ONE SUN

edited December 2022 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id6444306023

Description:

The long awaited 404 synthesizer has finally arrived!:)
Four is for formant! THE 404 is the premiere formant bassline synthesizer groove machine!
Formant bass synthesizer + howling filter + thumping drums + gliding grooves = THE 404!:)
Also includes an AUV3 instrument edition of THE 404 synthesizer for sequencing the THE 404 synthesizer in a DAW (such as Apple Garageband) instead of the app's sequencer. THE 404 is mainly a standalone app right now though and the AU instrument edition is basically a freebie right now, so no whining about the AU not having all the same features.
THE 404 is an official groove box synthesizer app of THE ARTIST known as GOD.

Quick-start guide: White background items in the GUI are buttons. Blue background items are displays. Ribbon above keyboard is for controlling the filter.

Note: May add the sequencer to the AU later also, if there are enough customers to make that seem worthwhile. Also the sonic style of THE 404 may be upgraded whenever THE CREATOR decides to do so. THE CREATOR is generally perfectionist.

Special thanks to AudioKit framework contributors! 

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 15.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Sounds are interesting, but the AUV3 is not showing up for me in AUM, even after reboot?

• @Svetlovska said:
    Sounds are interesting, but the AUV3 is not showing up for me in AUM, even after reboot?

It shows up in AUM on my iPad Pro, IOS 16.1.1:

• @Svetlovska said:
    Sounds are interesting, but the AUV3 is not showing up for me in AUM, even after reboot?

Same here. I’m on 15.7.1, in case that’s a factor.

• Shows up in AUM for me and I'm currently running 15.6.1 so that might be a factor.

• edited November 2022

I’m on 16.1

Update: now,16.1.1, cleaned a lot of stuff off my iPad, deleted and reinstalled the app, opened first standalone, standalone works fine, now AUM knows it there but repeatedly fails with this message:

• Works for me as auv3 on iOS 16.1. The problem I have in the auv3 is that there is a weird warbling tail on each note when using as auv3. Doesn’t do it in the stand-alone.

• edited November 2022

I have contacted the dev because it definitely works better in standalone mode. I like the simple, basic aspect of it. There is a recent update. Haven’t checked it yet.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-404/id6444306023

• I installed the update, and DEFT MONK disappeared from my plugin list in AUM. Replaced by this, but it wouldn’t load. Restarted iPad, DEFT MONK is back, no sign of this.

I’ve deleted it, for now at least. Didn’t do enough that was different for me to want to mess around much more. NB not dissing the dev, I just have other stuff I want to do.

I suspect there’s an issue with AUv3 IDs or something, and people having no trouble don’t have DEFT MONK - would be interesting to see if anyone has managed to get both installed, listed and usable.

• I think there’s an issue with the recent 404 update because it doesn’t show up as an AU with or without MONK installed.

• edited November 2022

Hey boys and girls!😁

I made THE 404, so here is the straight info. Firstly, a big THANKS to any that posted this thread and THE 404 videos and so on!👍

THE 404 was literally built in a hotel room this month in Osaka...the same city documented as the historical origin of another bassline. Had been in a hotel in shenzhen (I am not chinese though) working on a similar analog electronics product when the plandemic started, so here is a software product instead.

The Apple AUV3 format is notoriously a not-so-thoroughly-documented hasslefest and although DEFT MONK is nice as an AUV3, this app (THE 404) was primarily built as a standalone app because of the necessity of the custom sequencer (that I built entirely from scratch). Thanks for excusing the compatibility issues that THE 404 AU had temporarily caused with the DEFT MONK AU as those have already been solved in an update the App Store should be posting soon👍

Turning all of THE 404 sequencer and so on into an AUV3 is something I have been looking at and may do if there are enough customers (THE 404 is going commercial, although starting at a RIDICULOUSLY low price, so thanks in advance for not whining about that). Also been working on adding a new filter option to the app to make it sound more FULL ON than it already does.

Had added the AU as a freebie because it was possible, but it didn't have all of the features of the standalone app and wasn’t thrilled with the AU. So removed that for now. DEFT MONK is the AU that I would recommend for a kinda similar sound (actually a broader range of genres possible with that AU than the somewhat more FULL ON sound of THE 404 app).

THE 404 is obviously partially an homage to an instrument inspired by ZEN, although THE 404 is also a work in progress toward a modern upgrade, so it is not intended to be a clone. The drum, for example, is a modern drum synthesized custom and selected from drums I made for My own productions and is not a drum sample from a classic drum machine.

I am on the way to a MONASTERY again soon, so likely won't be posting here much.
    Thanks for installing THE 404!🤩 Hopefully it will be a truly enjoyable app!👍

PS: Here is a song to enjoy. Spotify and other streaming platforms kinda destroyed the music industry as a financially profitable enough career for most artists, so I make apps: https://songwhip.com/god-2/zenergytheworldisasimulation

• edited November 2022

Added a new interface logo and also added proper accents (boosts) and some other enhancements. Synchronistically uploaded at 9:09 in japan!🤩

• edited November 2022

New GUI launched in 1.1 update and that also includes a better AU. Hopefully that AU is loading properly now and fully compatible with DEFT MONK installations also👍
    If any here can confirm that, that will be appreciated.

• Thanks for your hard work and generous spirit.
    These are great!

• edited November 2022

@JeffChasteen said:
    Thanks for your hard work and generous spirit.
    These are great!

Thanks for saying thanks and also for the kind motivating words!

Sadly some slanderous scumbag troll posted a fake slanderous "review" (1 star...sigh...) today of the 1.1 version, so that seemingly dropped the review score from more than 4.5 or so to about 3 today. Seems better to breathe a tank of Nitrogen than share this World with such scum. Obviously doesn't make Me care about making nice products.

Anyway, if any here can post some nice 5 star reviews of the 1.1 (or newer) edition of THE 404 to slay that scumbag's falsified 1 star review, I would appreciate that!

Thanks in advance to any that do!👍

• edited November 2022

PS: Sort of dismaying that it seems like it would maybe be more financially rewarding to dress up like a woman and make onlyfans videos rather than make apps these days.

PPS: Sort of shocking (and obviously frustrating) how much BS there has been to get through simply posting app videos and screenshots on the App Store also. Hadn't posted a video preview of an app in a while and it was hours of work to figure out how to do that WITH audio properly again, as it's not part of Xcode and so on if wanting to record audio with the video. 7 hours later the videos are done...with audio...(7 hours that I would have MUCH preferred to have used to finish a new music app with). That was sadly such a horribly soul-sucking apple experience. Hopefully apple will at least hurry up and approve the 15% discount on how much they fleece from the sales instead of the 30% that company has been grifting so far. (AFTER there are enough sales to cover the 99 DOLLAR annual membership fee for the "privilege" to get fleeced by apple 15-30 percent each sale for distributing commercial apps on the apple app store...) Maybe I should start a Kickstarter or similar before making apps to get a lot of pre-sales.

• @THE_ONLY_GOD said:
    Seems better to breathe a tank of Nitrogen than share this World with such scum. Obviously doesn't make Me care about making nice products.

Well, you chose to create that person, so I guess you must have had your reasons.

Hadn't posted a video preview of an app in a while and it was hours of work to figure out how to do that WITH audio properly again, as it's not part of Xcode and so on if wanting to record audio with the video.

That's the kind of story that makes me afraid to make iOS apps. If I ever do make one, I'll try to document my frustrations. Any time somebody says "good code should be readable without comments" you should smite them. Like in Babel Rising.

• edited November 2022

@Skyblazer said:
    Well, you chose to create that person, so I guess you must have had your reasons.

Sadly I didn't consciously "choose" to make every dream character. Some have resulted from stress and other combos of feelings and thoughts. Actually like how Obj-C is generally readable without comments, but great documentation in comments is better. This app is a Swift app though. Sometimes have wished I hadn't switched from ObjC to Swift about 7 calendar years or more ago.

By the way, worked from morning until after midnight yesterday on a new music app. After numerous long days of engineering and tuning and refinement, it's thankfully almost ready. It's a more subtle and refined app than THE 404. Chirps and wows whistles and sounds more liquid mercury and so on. Multiple oscillators also. Still deciding on the name for that new app and will likely post here to notify when it launches.

Opened THE 404 tonight after refining that other new app and was like WOW!....THE 404 is pretty epic!🤩 (especially edition 1.1 and forward) Love that FULL ON sound! It's like skipping the dinner date and getting right to the best part!😁

• Read the developer’s response to his negative review on the AppStore. Then make up your own minds.

• Not free anymore right?? Maybe change the thread tittle??

• edited December 2022

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Read the developer’s response to his negative review on the AppStore. Then make up your own minds.

That was My response to a BLATANT LIE review rating from some scumbag troll “reviewer”. Already reported that slanderous scumbag troll to apple, but apple has been too slow. My reply to that review is honest and based enough to even inspire people that don’t care about electronic music to buy the app simply to crap on that slanderous troll that posted that fake low rating (simply because he was pissed that I didn’t and won’t kiss his arse). .

• Been working on a new app and the sound has been tuned for days to get it thankfully in the ballpark of a certain japanese silver box (with mainly only osc and filter and some envelopes).. Would like to get that closer as a starting point to make more innovative features on, although tired of guessing things.

Thus, is somebody here can post a list of this such as gate duration, envelope lengths and amounts, accent modulation amounts, and so on from that silver box, I would appreciate that and can provide a free license of that new app once it launches. (and also possibly add as a beta tester for opinion on the sound)

Thanks in advance if any here can post that technical info!👍

• @THE_ONLY_GOD said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Read the developer’s response to his negative review on the AppStore. Then make up your own minds.

That was My response to a BLATANT LIE review rating from some scumbag troll “reviewer”. Already reported that slanderous scumbag troll to apple, but apple has been too slow. My reply to that review is honest and based enough to even inspire people that don’t care about electronic music to buy the app simply to crap on that slanderous troll that posted that fake low rating (simply because he was pissed that I didn’t and won’t kiss his arse). .

When are you going on that meditation retreat you mentioned? I think it will be good for you.

• All jokes aside, I do think there's probably a more constructive way to express your frustrations, because some users might worry that you'll call them scumbags, or that these apps will soon be abandoned, and gone from the app store.

The app description reads, "Review the app based on the standalone app, NOT based on the AU!" Next is the acknowledgements section, over half of which is dedicated to attacking somebody.

If you want to build a loyal following or a successful business, it helps to be approachable, and focused on delivering a quality product. Freakshow Industries has found a way to merge the roleplaying with an air of professionalism.

I like your vibe, I just think you'd have an easier time if you accept the fact that it's a very difficult job. I buy plugins to play and have fun and bring beauty into this world, not to "crap on people".

• edited December 2022

@Gavinski said:

@THE_ONLY_GOD said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

When are you going on that meditation retreat you mentioned? I think it will be good for you.

Sadly the Abbot passed away and his replacement hasn't seemed so fond of O-Gaikokujin. Most of the MONKS there supposedly left and when I visited there the past week there were women there and there was some relatively loud idle chatter going on. Basically they seemed to have slacked off some. Maybe having O-Gaikokujin there made them have to stay more serious like they were performing on stage as serious formal MONKS and thus they didn't like that. Anyway, would like to find a replacement SOTO TEMPLE (MONASTERY) here or somewhere with a nicer annual temperature.

Announcing a fun new app soon. So stay tuned.

• @THE_ONLY_GOD said:

@Gavinski said:

@THE_ONLY_GOD said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

Sadly the Abbot passed away and his replacement hasn't seemed so fond of O-Gaikokujin. Most of the MONKS there supposedly left and when I visited there the past week there were women there and there was some relatively loud idle chatter going on. Basically they seemed to have slacked off some. Maybe having O-Gaikokujin there made them have to stay more serious like they were performing on stage as serious formal MONKS and thus they didn't like that. Anyway, would like to find a replacement SOTO TEMPLE (MONASTERY) here or somewhere with a nicer annual temperature.

Announcing a fun new app soon. So stay tuned.

I think you'll find that the fastest gun on the forum has already beaten you to that announcement 😂. Good luck with finding a new temple / inner peace etc

• Ah, was hoping I could get the updates in before the announcement. Update 1.04 of the new ELECTROBASE app (1.01 and 1.02 were fast updates the past day and skipped to 1.04) has My approval as the way I had generally planned for it to be on launch day yesterday. Edition 1.04 of ELECTROBASE is A LOT of fun! 🤩

Likely adding a similar randomize button to THE 404 soon also. And also plan to adjust the volume.

• edited December 2022

OFFICIAL NEW APP ANNOUNCEMENT!
    🤩 ELECTROBASE 🤩

ELECTROBASE is a new electro style bass ship with a more nuanced sonic signature. ELECTROBASE is a revolutionary new way to view music as a kind of inter-dimensional travel and is also A LOT of fun!🤩
    Nice electro grooves and epic slider play bliss are as easy as pressing PLAY and RANDOMIZE and moving the 2 HYPERDRIVE sliders👍 I should also mention that the sonic style of ELECTROBASE transitions smoothly from saw wave to square wave. Yes, that means the middle setting is a hybrid. It squelches, chirps, and thumps and with only 2 sliders it's easy and fun!🤩

ELECTROBASE is currently available at a low introductory price that will increase later. Actually the introductory price for the app is already obviously much too low and will likely increase tomorrow after 1.04 is on the app store. It was WAAAAAAY more work to fine tune the sound style of ELECTROBASE than other music apps I have made. Also involved adding a new filter type to an audio framework.

Had planned to wait until 1.04 was on the app store to announce it. Update 1.02 is already on the App Store and solves the relatively minor issues that were caused by overly long hours of coding that went past 2am sometimes. 1.04 is in the process of being posted. 1.04 is because I am generally perfectionist (primarily was perfectionist about the sound character as it was somewhat challenging to tune the resonance for that wave slider) and should likely start "Perfectionists Anonymous". (There are literally 4 decimal places of fine tuning in some places in the app and possibly more decimal places)

ELECTROBASE is maybe kinda like this in some ways:

• @White said:

I can easily see some people being offended by such an short-sighted "name".

The same goes for the forum nick, @THE_ONLY_GOD

Just saying because it irritated me to see such a behavior.

• edited December 2022

@tja said:

@White said:

I can easily see some people being offended by such an short-sighted "name".

The same goes for the forum nick, @THE_ONLY_GOD

Just saying because it irritated me to see such a behavior.

Then here is a link to one of My songs to better clarify:
    https://songwhip.com/god-2/zenergytheworldisasimulation

PS: How is the weather in that part of MY MIND SPACE today, dream character? Don't be mutinous or insolent.

This discussion has been closed.