Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

All We Need Is KNOBS!

13»

Comments

• I finally bought a Launch Control XL MK2 from Europe and for 120€, I'm really pleased by this device. It surpasses my expectation. The knobs are really great. Only minus downside is the USB B right side included with the unit. I would have prefer USB B left side. Maybe it's just me.

I want to buy a cutom overlay for the LCXL but unfortunately, they don't answer to email (the website Taktility). Look at this beauty:

Do you know any others site to buy overlay for the LCXL?

• @Montreal_Music try looking on Ebay - I think I saw someone selling scribble strip overlays there.

• This thread has given me an idea. I've got a MIDI controller with criminally underutilised faders and knobs and some bank balance devestating Swam auv3s I picked up in the sales. Tonight's wiring project will be to map it all via cc and make use of the expressivity! I wonder if I can record keys first in Cubasis then add performance elements via cc mapped knobs and sliders...

• edited January 2023

@Montreal_Music said:
    I finally bought a Launch Control XL MK2 from Europe and for 120€, I'm really pleased by this device. It surpasses my expectation. The knobs are really great. Only minus downside is the USB B right side included with the unit. I would have prefer USB B left side. Maybe it's just me.

I want to buy a cutom overlay for the LCXL but unfortunately, they don't answer to email (the website Taktility). Look at this beauty:

Do you know any others site to buy overlay for the LCXL?

There's a company called Novalays that you can find on EBay.
    I purchased two wipeable overlays from them so that I can write/rewrite on them.
    They've lasted quite awhile but they are starting to fray at the edges now.
    I was looking at the Taktility website and discovered that
    Taktility kindly provides a blank Adobe Illustrator template
    for the LC XL so you could download that, make your own design
    (or someone you know could do it for you), and print out
    your own overlays in either acrylic, wipeable card or whatever.
    If you have Vectornator (a free app) you can easily open up the file in that.

Here's a rough sketch for a synth I put together recently
    before I discovered the template from Taktility.

This is what it sounded like as I was putting together the finishing touches.

I'm now designing another synth for the Behringer X-Touch Universal controller.

From my perspective midi controllers open up idevices as musical instruments.

• I have still hopes for the Behringer BCR32. 32 endless encoders and a display should do the job ;) Last news from March 22 showed at least a real prototype, not just a render and the statement that the device is not vaporware.

https://www.facebook.com/Behringer/posts/pfbid0tnh2yj9FBwXzmNUQaTH59cL74mq4ZjSby2Jb6GJT4auXMLb2sG68yZyBEFEZrGu4l

• @krassmann said:
    I have still hopes for the Behringer BCR32. 32 endless encoders and a display should do the job ;) Last news from March 22 showed at least a real prototype, not just a render and the statement that the device is not vaporware.

https://www.facebook.com/Behringer/posts/pfbid0tnh2yj9FBwXzmNUQaTH59cL74mq4ZjSby2Jb6GJT4auXMLb2sG68yZyBEFEZrGu4l

It’s so irritating that they announce things way in advance of being able to actually produce them, often going multiple years of uncertainty before seeing something.

I mean, how many years ago did they say they are producing a VCS3 clone?

I’ll definitely grab this when it’s released though.

• edited January 2023

@supadom said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@supadom said:

Very nice! Here in Canada the Tracks can be 400$ on sale. The BeatStep Pro is 360$. To me, the Tracks is WAY more powerfull than the BSP. Not sure why people tend to prefer the BSP to go with their modulars instead of the Tracks. Yes, it's a standalone groovebox, but also, a powerfull midi controller.

Yes, I guess people see it as a groovebox and that perception persists. I used to have OG so originally I got tracks to drive Drambo. However due to some syncing issues and the fact that I wanted to be able to save whole projects in one place and keep working on stuff on the sofa I’ve gone the ‘just controller’ route.

Tracks is great and even if 4 midi tracks + 4 drum tracks as a limitation I find it just about right to keep things simple and not overcrowd songs. I still have loopy and Samplr to go on top of Drambo.

At £200 in the uk tracks is an easy choice.

@supadom — Would the Circuit Rhythm also work in this way? I've been weighing up the Rhythm as a possibility (Christmas money waiting to be spent on me).

• @andowrites said:

@supadom said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@supadom said:

Very nice! Here in Canada the Tracks can be 400$ on sale. The BeatStep Pro is 360$. To me, the Tracks is WAY more powerfull than the BSP. Not sure why people tend to prefer the BSP to go with their modulars instead of the Tracks. Yes, it's a standalone groovebox, but also, a powerfull midi controller.

Yes, I guess people see it as a groovebox and that perception persists. I used to have OG so originally I got tracks to drive Drambo. However due to some syncing issues and the fact that I wanted to be able to save whole projects in one place and keep working on stuff on the sofa I’ve gone the ‘just controller’ route.

Tracks is great and even if 4 midi tracks + 4 drum tracks as a limitation I find it just about right to keep things simple and not overcrowd songs. I still have loopy and Samplr to go on top of Drambo.

At £200 in the uk tracks is an easy choice.

@supadom — Would the Circuit Rhythm also work in this way? I've been weighing up the Rhythm as a possibility (Christmas money waiting to be spent on me).

I’m not sure.
    Tracks has 4 melodic midi tracks + 4 drum notes.

This gives me control over 4 synths and a 4 part drum kit. That’s enough for me but I also have audio loops that I control via launch control XL

Any less than that and I’d probably hesitate.

I know people who use 10 or more tracks. It would confuse the hell out of me 😅

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1158175#Comment_1158175