Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 4? - (fake news)!

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Comments

• Is Mason Marz a known producer/influencer or QA engineer? Wild rumors are Facebook's bread and butter lol

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    Is Mason Marz a known producer/influencer or QA engineer? Wild rumors are Facebook's bread and butter lol

True. Can't really see why this guy would have an insight no-one else does!! Apart from a passion for sports cars...

• edited November 2022

Nope

• edited November 2022

BS

• 3 is not that old.

• If this is true, I expect we’ll have more reliable info soon. If we don’t, well…

• He's late, I use Cubasis 5.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Eh, something for @LFS to clear up, lol. For now, it's just hearsay. ;)

• I'm pretty sure 3.5 is the next scheduled update so this seems to be just attention-seeking.

• Given how many problems each update has caused for many users, I’m surprised people are not begging ‘please don’t update’ at this point rather than asking for a new wave of pain 🧐

• If the lifespan of Cubasis 2 is any indication of the lifespan of Cubasis 3 then we're still years off from Cubasis 4.

• LOL, Someone is obviously having a play with Cubasis users?!

I'll add some more fire/fuel/speculation to this...
    ...Cubasis 4 will be subscription only just like Nuendo already is!

This would make 100% sense and unify the Steinberg iOS/iPadOS 'app strategy' when it comes to securing revenue for the investors.

Regarding 'unlock hardware' it would grant the user 1-3 months of 'free' usage before requiring a subscription :sunglasses:

If that is indeed the case I'll wave bye bye to Cubasis and forget it ever existed...

• You laugh now, but I think @Samu is on to something. Part of the “You’ll own nothing and be content with it” movement we’ve been seeing.

I remember how everyone was up in arms about Reason going subscription but now it’s a norm.

I wasn’t even rich enough to buy Reason 10 because I was in school, and now I never have to 😂

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    You laugh now, but I think @Samu is on to something. Part of the “You’ll own nothing and be content with it” movement we’ve been seeing.

I remember how everyone was up in arms about Reason going subscription but now it’s a norm.

I wasn’t even rich enough to buy Reason 10 because I was in school, and now I never have to 😂

nobody forces you to buy subscription on REASON.. you can buy normal full licence and inatall it on your computer.. there was actually nice discount (50%) during summer on R11

• Cubists 4 would be only for Neuralink implant users and controlled completely by users thoughts

• edited November 2022

Bring me the Cubase Sampler Track
    Audio Warping and Flex Pitch.
    Project based File Pool for Audio & Midi Events.
    Flexible Audio & Midi routing with multiple sources & destinations.
    Proper Send busses.
    Easy one-tap/Drag process of bouncing an audio or midi event to a sampler instrument or audio file.
    Full Drag'n'Drop support of Audio & Midi to/from Cubasis.
    Revamp Midi Editor (The current Midi editor is a mildly put, a bad joke).
    And maybe a Tempo/Signature & Chord Track :sunglasses:

Oh never mind, I'll just get back to Logic and check back in 2-3 years to see how far things have progressed...

• @Samu said:
    Proper Send busses.
    Easy one-tap/Drag process of bouncing an audio or midi event to a sampler instrument or audio file.

Oh never mind, I'll just get back to Logic and check back in 2-3 years to see how far things have progressed...

All of this, but also the audio editor is a worse joke - but being able to glue audio events (including empty!) would help a lot with time-alignment.

My wife now has a MacBook with Cubase so kind of the same as you on that front too.

• @MadGav said:

All of this, but also the audio editor is a worse joke - but being able to glue audio events (including empty!) would help a lot with time-alignment.

Yeah, and 'anchor points' for audio-events making them easier to align to the grid as not everything always starts at the beginning.

Oh well, thankfully I'm not limited to the iPad :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:
    Proper Send busses.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a chord track in Logic... 🤔

• @zzrwood said:

Actually, I wouldn't mind a chord track in Logic... 🤔

But at least you can already change the key for a specific section and for example the pattern sequencer follows that key change :sunglasses:

• @dendy said:

@seonnthaproducer said:
    You laugh now, but I think @Samu is on to something. Part of the “You’ll own nothing and be content with it” movement we’ve been seeing.

nobody forces you to buy subscription on REASON.. you can buy normal full licence and inatall it on your computer.. there was actually nice discount (50%) during summer on R11

Wait, really? I can still buy the full app? I thought it was only subscription.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@dendy said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

Wait, really? I can still buy the full app? I thought it was only subscription.

yes you can.. you normally download licence to your computer and then you can use full reason offline..

• @Samu said:
    Proper Send busses.

And support for Video import, and markers

• I'll only buy it if they've hired the dev from Blip Interactive to show them how touch interfaces work.

• Next update will support Black Berry! o:)

• @dendy said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

I bought a perpetual license for Reason 11 and it was close enough to the Reason 12 release that I got the update to 12 for free. Tbh if I had to pay to upgrade to 12 I would have felt underwhelmed. It’s still a great app but if I were on version 11 I’d wait until the next major update because Reason 12 feels less than major imo , that is if they don’t decide to go 100% subscription.

• I also heard it will be ported to Linux 🤣