Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone else Mastodonning?

Would be nice to have a few more iOS music makers on there. You can find me at @[email protected]

Comments

• That’s a rather personal question!

Oh…masta-don-ing…

• I have created an account there: @McD_in_CA. But I think just reading it would be enough. It’s loaded with academics and soon will probably become a refuge for news reporters if Elon follows through on one of his monetization plans of charging the professionals to have access to an audience. Reporters are in a dying professional and the proposed $240-96 dollars a year is a big deal.

Elon shot his foot off by being controversial and driving away ads… oops. He blames the audience for pressuring the companies but they just have to decide if they want to walk into controversy in defense of “free speech” where free means posting misinformation based on political benefit for one edge of the spectrum.

• As much criticism as it gets, I think Twitter is still the best version of a “town hall” available today. Far more interactive than a siloed chat group. Even this site is good because it results in the cross-pollination of ideas.

• @secretbasedesign@uwyn.net and @patrickhmadden@mastodon.social

Not totally sure how things will work in the Mastodon-verse. Planning on using the uwyn server to talk about music and apps, the other one to gripe about things that I'd normally gripe about on Twitter. Still hanging out on Twitter, waiting to see it burn to the ground.

• Just started to “Toot” today. Would be great if we could get an IOS music presence on there… @dolifedifferently@mastodonapp.uk

• @NeuM said:
    As much criticism as it gets, I think Twitter is still the best version of a “town hall” available today. Far more interactive than a siloed chat group. Even this site is good because it results in the cross-pollination of ideas.

It's not siloed.

• How is mastodon different than discord? Just wondering. I'm not keen on the discord UX but it seems plenty democratic.

The appeal of Twitter OTOH seems to be rooted in the celebrities who frequent it.

• Fun fact:

“When the first postcards went on sale in the U.S. in 1873, for instance, many worried that the more casual format would encourage thoughtless disclosure. ‘In the old days a letter was an important affair, not to be lightly scribbled, and only sent when the writer had something to say,’ a Boston-based magazine complained in 1884.’”

— Michael Waters

Context: The above is an excerpt from an article I was reading in The Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2022/11/people-oversharing-tmi-friendship-boundaries/671970/

• Well, I like the six rules at ravenation.com, so joining was a no brainer.

• @mojozart said:
    How is mastodon different than discord? Just wondering. I'm not keen on the discord UX but it seems plenty democratic.

The appeal of Twitter OTOH seems to be rooted in the celebrities who frequent it.

It’s very different to Discord. Much more like Twitter in that it’s a broadcast paradigm, but a lot friendlier. You also get multiple feeds, your home feed (like Twitter but no algorithm shit), local (posts from everyone on the same server instance) and federated (posts from everyone). The local feed is great if you find a server with a lot of the kind of people you’d follow.

• I’m u0421793 on masturdon

I’m also spending a lot more time on Flickr starring people’s photos that I appreciate, and want to get conversations going in the groups much more now that I’ve got Pro subscription again – see me on Flickr and join in

https://flic.kr/p/2nYcVZx

• What's your full user@server @u0421793 (and @Blipsford_Baubie)?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The journalists haven't migrated to Mastodon, they'll continue to operate wherever an audience is which is currently Twitter and likely to remain Twitter for a long time. As for the ad money, I partly agree with you, but in Musk's very first week in charge he restored banned Twitter accounts for Britain First, a neo-nazi hate group - if I'm considering where adverts for my brand are going to appear, I really don't them appearing next to calls for genocide.

• edited November 2022

There are quite a few legit journalists and scientists trying out Mastodon to see if it will somehow be more like what Twitter once was — a place for semi-real-time sharing of thoughts and insights.

Whether it will work is anyone’s guess. And none of the journalists or scientists, I’ve seen talk about it has any idea if it will be viable in the long-run. They are just trying something since Musk seems so hostile to that which was good about Twitter.

It seems hard to imagine Twitter will continue to fill the niche that it once did. Musk seems hostile to the ethos that has kept many on Twitter even as it attracted gutter minds, bots and trolls.