Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unfiltered Audio Tails Public Beta

2»

Comments

• edited November 2022

@trickyflemming said:

@supadom said:

@cokomairena said:

@trickyflemming said:
    Now that color theming and resizing is stable in the other four betas, we're happy to release the last of the current batch of public betas (Don't worry! We'll definitely make more.)

This one is Tails, our reverb collaboration with the amazing BT.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/VsAu5Woz

Tails is a dual-tanked reverb with novel tank-swapping and ducking capabilities. The general idea is that Tails can auto-swap between two reverb tanks (on major transient or spectral changes). With tank swapping and transient ducking, you can keep unwanted transients or dissonant blue notes out of your reverb tails so that your reverb stays consonant and free of metallic noises.

Like Silo, Tails has some novel MIDI features. You can read about those in the manual: https://files.plugin-alliance.com/products/unfiltered_audio_tails/unfiltered_audio_tails_manual.pdf

all your plugins are giving me a lot of latency inside drambo, to the point that they unsync with the bypassed signal:

This happen with all your plugins and makes them unusable for me, never had this issue before :(

I was just about to report this exact issue. The latency is off by a mile.

Thanks for the reports! Sitting down with my Monday morning coffee and catching up on weekend feedback.

The latency reporting seems like it might be a Drambo bug. I'll contact the developer. We're using JUCE's latency reporting, and it's working with my testing in AUM. It is also working properly on the desktop builds.

I'm going to look into native preset management, since a lot of you are requesting that.

Edit: Just sent an email to @giku_beepstreet. I'll post an update once I figure out what's happening on Drambo.

The latency issue is also present in AUM with Koala AUV3 as sound source.

Just checked

iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 15.6.1

• edited November 2022

This is the latency I’m getting in AUM with (gain and) Tails as the only thing between the mic and the output. I think 100ms is the same amount of extra latency as I get with tails in Bitwig on Mac OS, FWIW. (Hence my question about whether a no latency mode could be added as an option.)

Other note. Sometimes I seem to get no latency reported by Tails in AUM (don’t know if it’s an issue in AUM’s side), but I can still hear it.

• edited November 2022

I think I'm seeing less latency in AUM if I switch the buffer size, regardless of which value. Wasn't there an issue in iOS 16 with setting buffer size and sample rate?

In Drambo I don't see the same behavior though, which may be related to Drambo not having plugin delay compensation.

• @trickyflemming said:

@supadom said:

@cokomairena said:

@trickyflemming said:
    Now that color theming and resizing is stable in the other four betas, we're happy to release the last of the current batch of public betas (Don't worry! We'll definitely make more.)

This one is Tails, our reverb collaboration with the amazing BT.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/VsAu5Woz

Tails is a dual-tanked reverb with novel tank-swapping and ducking capabilities. The general idea is that Tails can auto-swap between two reverb tanks (on major transient or spectral changes). With tank swapping and transient ducking, you can keep unwanted transients or dissonant blue notes out of your reverb tails so that your reverb stays consonant and free of metallic noises.

Like Silo, Tails has some novel MIDI features. You can read about those in the manual: https://files.plugin-alliance.com/products/unfiltered_audio_tails/unfiltered_audio_tails_manual.pdf

all your plugins are giving me a lot of latency inside drambo, to the point that they unsync with the bypassed signal:

This happen with all your plugins and makes them unusable for me, never had this issue before :(

I was just about to report this exact issue. The latency is off by a mile.

Thanks for the reports! Sitting down with my Monday morning coffee and catching up on weekend feedback.

The latency reporting seems like it might be a Drambo bug. I'll contact the developer. We're using JUCE's latency reporting, and it's working with my testing in AUM. It is also working properly on the desktop builds.

I'm going to look into native preset management, since a lot of you are requesting that.

Edit: Just sent an email to @giku_beepstreet. I'll post an update once I figure out what's happening on Drambo.

hello, i’m very much enjoying Lo-FI-AF, Tails & Silo particularly . the other two i like as well , I’m not noticing any latency problems , or indeed any apparent bugs .. but i am using them (up to now) mainly in Apematrix.
    I will definitely purchase the first 3 on arrival , possibly all 5 if there would be a bundle price? is that probable?
    my 2nd question.. after looking at yr website , is it possible SPECops & Triad might make it to ios ?
    possibly you can’t say until sales/profit from these first 5 is seen BUT perhaps you could indicate if there is ipad processing or ios coding limitations that might preclude such a thing happening especially for the spectral one?
    all very exciting anyway, a sincere welcome to ios to you from these quarters.

• Yep! Heard back from Jacek. Drambo doesn't have latency compensation yet, but it's in the works.

AUM has latency compensation. You might need to hit Stop on the transport to activate it. Every DAW with compensation has its own method for calling it. Sometimes on transport update, sometimes instantaneously.

@RockySmalls Yes ultimately we want to do SpecOps, Triad, etc. Right now the interfaces kind of suck for touch-based workflows. We've been working on an updated modulation and effect system that is more touch-friendly, but no timeline on that.

• @trickyflemming said:
    Yep! Heard back from Jacek. Drambo doesn't have latency compensation yet, but it's in the works.

AUM has latency compensation. You might need to hit Stop on the transport to activate it. Every DAW with compensation has its own method for calling it. Sometimes on transport update, sometimes instantaneously.

@RockySmalls Yes ultimately we want to do SpecOps, Triad, etc. Right now the interfaces kind of suck for touch-based workflows. We've been working on an updated modulation and effect system that is more touch-friendly, but no timeline on that.

thanks for the info... keep on keeping on.

• My god, Tails and Silo are two of the best-sounding things I’ve ever heard. These blow away anything else on iOS to date

• Unfiltered Audio porting to ios is tremendous🙌🏻 Very excited for official release!

• @oat_phipps said:
    My god, Tails and Silo are two of the best-sounding things I’ve ever heard. These blow away anything else on iOS to date

Thanks for making my day. Cheers.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Gavinski said:
    Still no internal aum presets, I notice - don't forget also to contact the dev @j_liljedahl if u need help with the code for allowing the user the choice to use aum internal preset menu to save to your apps' internal preset menus!

There it’s nothing special needed in the plugin to support that, except the basic state saving. And if it does not have that, it won’t save its state in the host projects either.

You were right! It wasn’t difficult. I just posted a new Tails build with native preset management. If it works well I’ll update the others tomorrow.

• @amusesmile said:

@oat_phipps said:
    My god, Tails and Silo are two of the best-sounding things I’ve ever heard. These blow away anything else on iOS to date

Thanks for making my day. Cheers.

I don’t say it lightly, either. I’m sorta the town grump because most everyone is so unbearably positive here.

These are seriously incredible. These have turned me back on to creative, wild reverbs instead of just using a dash of Fabfilter’s Pro-R more as a tool as needed rather than an “effect”. But even when tame (the reverb section alone of Silo is worth the entry), they still are the topmost of the top-notch.

• I didn’t know Unfiltered Audio are on iOS now, got most plugins via PA. Love them all!! Does this mean we might see Byome, Lion, Sandman Pro?:-)