Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A sneak peek at something we are currently working on. Coming soon to iOS, stay tuned!

Comments

• edited November 2022

Oh, boy. Game changer.

So you took what you learned from Nail The Pitch and now we’ll have one of the best features from Logic Pro (Flex Pitch) reworked for iPad.

Alright then!

• @NeuM Exactly! Learnings from developing Nail the Pitch laid a lot of the foundation for this one.

• @AutumnRock said:
    @NeuM Exactly! Learnings from developing Nail the Pitch laid a lot of the foundation for this one.

Can’t wait to see this in action.

• 😱 I'd pay top dollar for that!

• With great power comes great...expectations

• MPE midi roll?

• Ooh! Curious about the formant correction possibilities. Hoping to be able to shift formants independently of pitch correction..

• Looks like Melodyne ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Looks like Melodyne ?

That’s what I’m thinking (and hoping for) :smile:

• @Montreal_Music It is a pitch editor for vocals

• @janpieter formant shifting won't be there in the first release, but it is on my to-do list

• @AutumnRock said:
    @janpieter formant shifting won't be there in the first release, but it is on my to-do list

Thank you for answering. Keep up the good work. Willing to bètatest if wanted..

• @janpieter said:

@AutumnRock said:
    @janpieter formant shifting won't be there in the first release, but it is on my to-do list

Thank you for answering. Keep up the good work. Willing to bètatest if wanted..

Oh, I think a lot of folks will be ready and willing to beta test this one.

• Interesting. A lil bit of info would be good😊 like how does it work with other apps like Cubasis etc?

• @Paa89 The initial version is going to be a standalone app. The first couple of updates will focus on making the pitch shift work well with an "import & export" workflow. Once that is all working, I am open to exploring other ways of integration based on people's feedback.

• @AutumnRock said:
    @Paa89 The initial version is going to be a standalone app. The first couple of updates will focus on making the pitch shift work well with an "import & export" workflow. Once that is all working, I am open to exploring other ways of integration based on people's feedback.

Audio Unit in GarageBand is my preferred workflow.

• @AutumnRock said:
    @Paa89 The initial version is going to be a standalone app. The first couple of updates will focus on making the pitch shift work well with an "import & export" workflow. Once that is all working, I am open to exploring other ways of integration based on people's feedback.

So it will not be real time?

I like it tho! There is a severe lack of auto tune in the iOS world, the best I've found for now is the one in AEM, but it doesn't support forcing corrections via midi AFAIK

• @cokomairena No, this one is not a real-time autotune. It is a pitch editor similar to Melodyne.

• @AutumnRock said:
    @cokomairena No, this one is not a real-time autotune. It is a pitch editor similar to Melodyne.

Real time doesn’t matter to me as much as it eventually being made into an AU. ;)

• Looks a lot like Reason Pitch Edit which I use quite a bit for flute parts. There is nothing like this on iOS.

Completely standalone is not ideal as quite often (usually even), complete pitch correction is not desired and it takes some auditions to hear the desired correction relative to the rest of the mix.

Some kind of DAW integration would be extremely helpful. For example, freezing a clip with pitch correction, even if "real time" isn't possible.

Or maybe just being able to import a second audio track into the standalone would be useful feature

• @AutumnRock said:

@NeuM said:

@AutumnRock said:

@AutumnRock thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good plan to me.
    I could see a workflow like recording in Cubasis, export vocals multi track, edit pitch of vocals and then export multi track stems. Then move them back into Cubasis for mixing.

In absence of AUv3, few things would be vital (and I believe most of the forum would agree):
    1. Multi track export and import.
    2. Files App support : save project, then in files app we can view the stems to move into other apps.
    3.Drag and drop from files app (multi select samples and drag them into your apps timeline).
    This would make things easier say, record into Cubasis, export stems, go into files app, drag and drop the stems into your app for editing. And then back to point 2.

@NeuM
    This could also work with GB. You select a track, select merge, it would export the track to a folder in files app. But only issue here is that you need to do it for each track in the project.

• @Paa89 said:

@AutumnRock said:

@NeuM said:

@AutumnRock said:

@AutumnRock thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good plan to me.
    I could see a workflow like recording in Cubasis, export vocals multi track, edit pitch of vocals and then export multi track stems. Then move them back into Cubasis for mixing.

In absence of AUv3, few things would be vital (and I believe most of the forum would agree):
    1. Multi track export and import.
    2. Files App support : save project, then in files app we can view the stems to move into other apps.
    3.Drag and drop from files app (multi select samples and drag them into your apps timeline).
    This would make things easier say, record into Cubasis, export stems, go into files app, drag and drop the stems into your app for editing. And then back to point 2.

@NeuM
    This could also work with GB. You select a track, select merge, it would export the track to a folder in files app. But only issue here is that you need to do it for each track in the project.

Track export to be worked on outside of GB in another app wouldn’t work for me. I’m confident this developer will eventually get this to work seamlessly in GarageBand.

• @jimhanks said:
    Or maybe just being able to import a second audio track into the standalone would be useful feature

yeah but you can always record the vocals on your daw, correct them on this, and import back...

Maybe consider shipping with IAA? I don't know if that's still possible, but for this to work as an AUV3 you will have to capture the audio non the less.

• @cokomairena said:

@jimhanks said:

yeah but you can always record the vocals on your daw, correct them on this, and import back...

Right, but then it's a full round trip between apps to check the "corrected" vocal relative to the full mix. "correct" does not always mean "perfectly in tune at a pitch reference of 440hz assuming equal temperament". When I'm in Reason, I'll usually tweak a note or two, audition the phrase, maybe tweak some more, etc. That would be very tedious without one of my suggestions being available.

• @jimhanks said:

Yes, this is something you can do. The standalone app is a multi-track recorder in itself. You will be able to import your mix as a backing track and edit pitches while hearing the mix.

• @AutumnRock said:

@jimhanks said:

Or maybe just being able to import a second audio track into the standalone bwould be useful feature

Yes, this is something you can do. The standalone app is a multi-track recorder in itself. You will be able to import your mix as a backing track and edit pitches while hearing the mix.

Perfect! I hope the app size is not too big

• @cokomairena It is relatively lightweight, around 60-100mb at the moment.

• edited November 2022

@AutumnRock : Very interested in the future formant shifting…

• Looks very interesting 秋石!