Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alan Watts Godsplains

edited November 2022 in Other

Each of us investigates the concept of god…. If only to dismiss it completely. After half a century of looking at it from diametric poles…. From Zen Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, non dualism to Orthodox Judaism and it’s patriarchal, judgmental dualism, I've taken a hard look and settled my own mind on it. I believe wholeheartedly in god… my own particular god, as it is god in every way we imagine it, but for one aspect. My god is non existent.

That any idea of god has to play in a field of existence to be “real” I reject. Because this is projection of human needs. The need to exist to have relevance is totally earthbound. Judaeo Christianity says god created man in his image, when it is obvious that a projecting being such as a human really intends that god was created in man’s image.

Watts, of course, has his own pov. It's good, but I’m sticking with my non existent god. It has never let me down even when I didn’t believe in it.

Comments

• Thanks for that share

• edited November 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JMmusic, I don’t think we’re disagreeing. I just don’t think language can describe the ineffable (yeah, language, I know).

Higher power, for example, implies a scale of being where, say, rocks are at the bottom, god at the top and man somewhere in between. Putting aside the concept that everything is god (which has no need of a scale lower to higher) you’re still dealing with the human concept of a range of 1to 10 (or even one to infinity). This ineffable we’re talking about… why should it be chained to such a description? Certainly it would be transcendent of all human concepts, including scale and range.

• You had me with an earlier post of yours: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52295/sri-ramana-maharshi-non-dualism#latest

THAT is a pov I can get with!

• @Sawiton said:
    You had me with an earlier post of yours: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52295/sri-ramana-maharshi-non-dualism#latest

THAT is a pov I can get with!

Lol, Maharshi is def a cut above Watts, but he tried.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Watts is like Chinese take out for the soul. Good while I’m having it but I’m hungry again an hour later .

• @JMmusic, yes, I believe in a god that does not exist, or rather, does not play the game of existence, because any it that is the fomenter of the universe (and then some) as well as being the universe itself, is outside of existence. It did and does not reside in a place of existing or not existing. Existence is a man made concept. Because we need to define the space between life and death. We, as always, are projecting our attributes, fears and existential predicament on some it that is outside of our human conceptions and limitations.

No, absolutely, you are not being disagreeable.

• I note, with a charming smile, that aside to a reference in regard to religion, there’s no mention of god’s gender.

• edited November 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    Higher power, for example, implies a scale of being where, say, rocks are at the bottom''

That's rockphobic hate speech! :smile:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JMmusic, well, it's paradoxical if you use your mind in the standard fashion. The mind, on its own, cannot step outside the limitation of existence-not existing. That’s why the zen guys created the koan. A question that cannot be resolved with the mind. To bust out of the thought box. For me, thinking something might occupy a place that is everywhere and nowhere, a non place beyond the boundaries of existing or not… that works for me, but not by thinking about it.

I might have it a little easier because of my musical training. Thought was the “music killer”. Only by cultivating a non thought zone could I be free to improvise. Same with god. I don’t look at it with my mind. Yet I use my mind to try to express a spiritual fundament. Like the figure and ground Watts talks about here. Emptiness is often used to sidestep non existence, I think. Everything rises out of emptiness and, perhaps returns there, but emptiness is not the opposite of existence. What is it?