Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LoopMix from AudioModern .

Comments

• edited October 2022

I liked the free plugins they offered initially (Panflow, Gatelab, Filterstep), but their performance has been so spotty I've had to remove them from all of my projects. When they don't work they actually kill the audio on the GarageBand track they're on, so... no more of these plugins for me. I've found alternatives which are not perfect, but at least they work consistently. Perhaps in other DAWs they are more reliable.

• This release will be very very popular, I'm predicting

@NeuM have u let them know about the problems? They're very very responsive, any time I ask them a question using twitter I usually get an answer almost immediately

• @Gavinski said:
    This release will be very very popular, I'm predicting

@NeuM have u let them know about the problems? They're very very responsive, any time I ask them a question using twitter I usually get an answer almost immediately

It's a bit awkward because these are free apps and I don't want to look like some entitled person on the Internet bothering them over something I haven't paid for.

• Looks like a generative sequencer?

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

It's a bit awkward because these are free apps and I don't want to look like some entitled person on the Internet bothering them over something I haven't paid for.

Well the point of free apps is to attract customers, not put them off, so I expect they'd welcome the feedback!

@auxmux said:
    Looks like a generative sequencer?

My lips are sealed!

• Riffer 2?

• edited October 2022

Super cool. PlayBeat3 has a permanent spot in my instrument racks for hardware and software. 🙏🏼

I love @Audiomodern software on iPadOS and MacOS.

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

I think it's all in how the message would be worded. 🙂 I'd go the "friendly and polite" route. (Now if only I can stick to my own advice. 🤣 )

• I love Riffer, along with 4Pockets Euclidean it's my go-to sequencer. Never got on with PlayBeat mind, though I seemed to very quickly have got 2 versions behind.

• @Gavinski said:

@NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

Well the point of free apps is to attract customers, not put them off, so I expect they'd welcome the feedback!

@auxmux said:
    Looks like a generative sequencer?

My lips are sealed!

Yeah..some people don’t know what the word “embargo” means 😂🤣😂

• I hope it’s a compressor. We desperately need one.

• @Slush said:
    I hope it’s a compressor. We desperately need one.

😂 I can happily confirm it is not a compressor 😂

• edited October 2022

@Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

🤣 made me think about Blue Oyster Cult: “More Cowbell!”
    Every time a new compressor is released I hear the cowbell ring!

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

More compressors is the new "up to eleven" literally.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

Every time a cowbell is struck an angel gets its wings!

• Did they ever fix the midi sync issues with playbeat or riffer?? I gave up using them a while back because they drifted

• @Halftone said:
    Did they ever fix the midi sync issues with playbeat or riffer?? I gave up using them a while back because they drifted

I asked them about this and it seems it was fixed, at least in aum. Was it an issue in other hosts?

From the devs:

• Can confirm

Zero drift issues with AUM and Audiomodern

• So what is this new app?

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

As long as it’s done in a polite manner I think most developers would be happy to know about any issues free or paid.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Can confirm

Zero drift issues with AUM and Audiomodern

Good - they also said there were no issues with other hosts. They’re a good dev, they listen to feedback and fix things.

• edited November 2022

@Halftone said:
    Did they ever fix the midi sync issues with playbeat or riffer?? I gave up using them a while back because they drifted

Yes, it's rock solid now.

I do hope this is the long-awaited Riffer 3 that they have been working on for a while now. I think Riffer is one of the most under-appreciated and flexible generative sequencers out there--by locking certain root notes and then letting Riffer generate little runs between notes, I can create bass lines that are nearly indistinguishable from a human. But, it could still use a few features to send it over the top--every time I've mentioned one of these improvements to AM customer service, they have said "yep, we're working on that in the Riffer update". If they get all these improvements in and more, it'll be an absolute monster.

That said, the screenshot teaser does not look like Riffer, at least in current form.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    So what is this new app?

As Manuel from Fawlty Towers used to say:

• @Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    So what is this new app?

Thumbs up for the Fawlty Towers reference. 👍

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    So what is this new app?

Thumbs up for the Fawlty Towers reference. 👍

Quality! Could never be made today of course 😂😁😀

• Fawlty Towers is so good. It never grows old.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

I do hope this is the long-awaited Riffer 3 that they have been working on for a while now. I think Riffer is one of the most under-appreciated and flexible generative sequencers out there--by locking certain root notes and then letting Riffer generate little runs between notes, I can create bass lines that are nearly indistinguishable from a human. But, it could still use a few features to send it over the top--every time I've mentioned one of these improvements to AM customer service, they have said "yep, we're working on that in the Riffer update". If they get all these improvements in and more, it'll be an absolute monster.

That said, the screenshot teaser does not look like Riffer, at least in current form.

I love Riffer, probably my most-used generative sequencer. Can’t think of another I go to first more than it

• One feature I could use in a new Riffer is the ability to see what I’ve sequenced in the other lanes/tabs/tracks within the app.

With AUMs copy and paste function for AUs it now SUPER EASY to create Fugue Machine like sequencing by taking one sequence and running it at different speeds and directions.

Having them respond to external key presses is a super fiction that ties it all together

• @echoopera said:
    Super cool. PlayBeat3 has a permanent spot in my instrument racks for hardware and software. 🙏🏼

I love @Audiomodern software on iPadOS and MacOS.

Agreed. If I could only have one drum machine it would probably be it.